Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Funny, I don't have one male friend who recalls this kind of pressure to settle down at any point. Is it just a chick thing?
    You've never met my mother!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    You are complete.
    Thanks for saying so. I certainly feel complete. I think that's the part my mother can't understand. She cannot concieve of a single woman who is NOT constantly searching for the next true love of her life and still feels complete and fulfilled. :confused:
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Thanks for saying so. I certainly feel complete. I think that's the part my mother can't understand. She cannot concieve of a single woman who is NOT constantly searching for the next true love of her life and still feels complete and fulfilled. :confused:
    I SO hear ya on that one. A couple years ago, when I was still single, my mother even had the audacity to say, "Oh, I'm giving up on you ever finding someone. You'll probably never have children either. I think your problem is that you're too independent, and won't just let the man be the provider. Women aren't supposed to work." Yeah, she's still stuck in the 50's to this day. She even wigs out that I make the most money in my current household. (Because that's just not proper. )

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think the secret to being happily married is being happy with yourself while you are single. You have to know who you are and be comfortable with yourself before you can expect someone to love you for who you are. Before I met my husband, I decided to be single until I met someone I knew I would marry- dating was a waste of time for me because I could always tell right away if I liked or disliked someone. Anyways, I used that time to work on me. Sure, I was lonely sometimes, but I learned a lot about myself and when I met my husband, I was ready and knew that I didn't need him to make my life complete.

So enough preaching- as long as you have a life full of friends and family, there is nothing wrong with being single until someone comes along who is worth sharing it all with.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Love!

Ditto on DQ. I've always thought that if you can't be happy one way, you probably won't be happy another way. Like moving. If you are miserable in one city, no matter where you move it's likely that you'll be miserable there, eventually, too. You make your own misery. You construct your own joy. You might find another person who, like a nice wine simmering your pork loins, brings out your flavor even better. But until you've met that person, there's no reason to marinate with vinegar.

And say you prefer your pork chop plain? That's fine, too. I really was happy being single. Now and then I wanted a connection, but I wasn't ready for a real one until last year. If I hadn't met him, I would surely still be single, dating casually, and fine with my life. Pleased with it. Happy to be mid-twenties and alive and living where I wanted to be living and spending time with the people I care about.

Perhaps the pressure comes from a place of love. Yes, I was happy a year ago. This year, though, has been a delight. I have to admit that having experienced a happy, healthy relationship in which we thrive, I prefer life with him to life without him-- and have found myself wishing that everyone in my life could have a healthy relationship, too. Perhaps the people pressuring you have experienced that sort of pleasure themselves, and wish that pleasure for you. Most people have the tendency to take what works best for them and automatically assume that it's what would work best for everyone else. They probably just imagine that their way to happiness is your way to happiness, even though you've found your own. Nobody's life choices need match. They just need to realize that.

if you ever do get married just make sure they're into disney. my wfe doesn't understand why i want to spend every va-ca at wdw, or why i'm on mice chat for 3 hours at a time.
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LSPoorEeyorick
    You might find another person who, like a nice wine simmering your pork loins, brings out your flavor even better. But until you've met that person, there's no reason to marinate with vinegar.

Well said!

• Minion

Being single is fine as long as you get some action every now and again.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Well, while single it's important to at least keep a relationship with BOB. (Battery-Operated-Boyfriend).

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Heh. No problem there...Maybe I'd have the decency to hate being single if I wasn't getting any? :devil:

Well, while single it's important to at least keep a relationship with BOB. (Battery-Operated-Boyfriend).
    and will "bob" be joining you on your cruise?
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    BOB is someone you should have a lifelong relationship with :devil:
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Ahh, yes, good old BOB and I go way back.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast