Page 1 of 30 12341126 ... LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

What's wrong with being single?

Okay, i thought I'd come to my fellow micechatters for a round-up of opinions on what is becoming a topic for much debate in my household...

Here's a brief summary of the situation. My younger sister is getting married in 2 months to a really great guy. My mother has been going 'round and 'round with me over why I don't settle down and get married. She really feels that a person should feel incomplete until they've found a significant other to be with. I am totally fine with being single. It suits me well. I date occasionally, and I never lack for male company when I want it. But I don't feel any pressing need to commit myself to one person. I don't feel that anything is missing from my life.

So what do you MiceChatters think about this? Is there anything wrong with enjoying being single? :confused:
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Original Mice-Chatter

No

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Not one thing! I got married quite young and often wish I would have had more time to be single. At this point I wouldn't change my life, but if I could go back I would have just taken more time to myself. Have fun and don't worry what ANYONE else says. It's your life.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I don't think there is anything wrong with being single. i had a lot of grief over it. I had been with my (now husband) for 14 years before we decided to get married and everyone was always on my back with why I wasn't getting married. We did last year, finally, but I waited until I was ready and done with everything I wanted to do. I have no regrets I just couldn't see myself tied down to early before I had a chance to live for a while. not sayingin you can't have a great life married, just that it is easie to pick up and go places whenyou are single.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    I don't think there is anything wrong with being single. i had a lot of grief over it.
    Funny, I don't have one male friend who recalls this kind of pressure to settle down at any point. Is it just a chick thing?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Eh.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Uber Disney freak! O

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Funny, I don't have one male friend who recalls this kind of pressure to settle down at any point. Is it just a chick thing?
    Nope! My mom gives my older brother (the one who's 33 and never been married) grief about it ALL the time. Of course, my oldest brother and I think this is just becasue he's the favorite so the one she'd most like grandkids from.

Anyhow, nothing at all wrong with being single if you're happy with it!
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• e komo mai

So what do you MiceChatters think about this? Is there anything wrong with enjoying being single? :confused:
    Yes. That's how spinsters start out.

NO, I'm kidding! Enjoy the freedom!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Yes. That's how spinsters start out.

NO, I'm kidding! Enjoy the freedom!
    My best friend and I always joke that one day we'll be spinsters together living in a house with 4 cats and lots of prescription pills.

• Wasn't Me!

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters!!!!

• Greetings, Program!

You know my answer to this......

Not a damn thing wrong with it, and anyone who suggests otherwise needs to mind their own beeswax. There may in fact come a time where you find that one person that makes you wanna come straight home at night....but there's no appointed time or age where that's supposed to happen.

Enjoy the solo career until you find that other musician with which you make your best music....no matter how long it takes.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Definitely nothing wrong with being single, if I wasn't single the past four years for the most part, there is no way I would have ever been able to move to california, which has been one of the two best things I've done, moving away from home in the first place being the other. I'm 26 now, and I occasionally get questioned by my parents, "any girlfriends yet?", but it's never too overbearing. My sister finally gave up asking why I"m not with my exgirlfriend anymore, so that's always a plus too You have to do what makes you happy in your life and not compromise that for anyone.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    You have to do what makes you happy in your life and not compromise that for anyone.
    I'm really bad with the compromise thing...Surely when I'm older and wiser and more mature I'll be ready to deal with the dreaded "C" word, but for now? I just kind of think if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

• there's always my way...

I'm really bad with the compromise thing...Surely when I'm older and wiser and more mature I'll be ready to deal with the dreaded "C" word, but for now? I just kind of think if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Well said, there is NOT A THING Wrong with being single! Lets see, ya can leave your stuff anywhere in the house and in the morning its still there, you dont have to flush the toilet and ya can drink straight from the milk bottle.. on that note any wanna come over for lunch... lol
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

Page 1 of 30 12341126 ... LastLast