Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Question What's your "thing"

What is your quirky "thing"- you know, something you just have to have/do a certain way, a la Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" ?

Mine has to do with soda. I cannot drink soda from a bottle, it has be from the can or the fountain. If it is from the fountain, I have to drink it with tons of ice and no straw- the soda must touch my lips and be super cold. It took a while to train my husband to do this.

So what ritual makes you high maintinence (even if its only a little bit)
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-26-2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• e komo mai

My High Maintenance Rules For Life and Living

I'm not a big fan of hot fruit. And before you make jokes, let me explain. I hate pineapple on pizza and hot pies of every kind.
    If I eat pineapple, it has to be cold by itself. If I eat an apple pie, the pie needs to be cold. Always.
    In Hawai'i, everything was humid and hot growing up. Cold stuff was a treat. Hot stuff meant you forgot to unpack the groceries from the car trunk and they're now spoiled.

Bread pudding must be eaten cold in Gemini Cricketland.

So must pumpkin pie.

Broccoli, asparagus and beets must be eaten while still crunchy. No slimy veggies.

Toilet paper - over never under.

One must manage to watch 'It's a Wonderful Life' before Xmas and 'A Christmas Story' on Xmas.

On a three day visit to Disneyland, one of the days must be a 'get there @ opening and stay until closing' day.

One must never walk into a movie theatre to see a movie late. Even walking in during the previews bugs me. You must be in your seat before the lights go out. If not, I will wait until the next showing.

One must wash from head to toe. This way the dirt never crosses somewhere you've already washed.

If you just got your haircut, don't come to bed until you've taken a shower and washed out all the baby hairs.

No wet towels on the bed. Mildew happens.

Black tea in the morning, green tea during the day, chamomile before bed.

No black socks with sandals and shorts.

Never post on the boards when you're livid about something. (I broke this rule yesterday on another board.)

Try and read a newspaper every day.

Try and read a couple of pages of a book before bedtime.

If I'm driving and a Dave Matthews song is playing, never, never attempt to change the station or forward said track. You will be destroyed.

If you're a friend, I will never forget you.

Make me laugh and I'll love you always.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Ok, I know it sounds wierd but I have issues with eating meat off the bone. I really enjoy chicken and beef and all that, but if there's bones in it? Ack. I can't hang.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    When I get a bag of Doritos, I have to crush the big chips into a bunch of tiny little ones. This makes it all the better because A) You feel like you have more chips because there are suddenly a million little ones and B) Because you have so many little ones, you're less likely to eat 'em all and therefore feel less cow-ish. Odd, I know.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    I don't have any quirks AND I don't get PMS!
    BWAH HA HA!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Oh boy this topic is SO me! I have alot of weird things. It'll take me awhile to think of them though so I'll start with a few and add later.

DQ I am SO with you on the soda thing. I CAN drink soda out of a bottle but don't enjoy it much. Fountain soda is by far the best, definitely lots of ice. I can do straws though.

I have to have all matching hangers. Drives me crazy to have mismatched hangers in my closet.

All my plates of food have to be arranged. For instance if I cut my son some apple and put in on a plate, it has to be arranged like a flower or it is unacceptable. Any food that can't be arranged has to be piled in neat separate piles and NO TOUCHING!! I hate when different foods touch each other on my plate.

Chocolate milk. I love chocolate milk but ONLY the powdered Nesquick kind, two heaping spoonfuls into milk that has been in the freezer for about ten minutes so it is super cold. And then I can ONLY drink it with a spoon like soup.

Oh boy, I will think for a bit and get back to you with more.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Ok, I know it sounds wierd but I have issues with eating meat off the bone. I really enjoy chicken and beef and all that, but if there's bones in it? Ack. I can't hang.
    I refuse to eat meat off the bone, and that discourages lots of dates. So now I just say im a vegan. I do like to chew the little white plastic ring that comes on bottles of water with the jagged little edges. It's like S&M toothpicks. Sometimes I turn them inside out and just feel the jagged teeth on my finger.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    This could be called the OCD thread....
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• I am a Pluto lover

my biggest quirk is making the bed before going to sleep.

It can be a mess all day long, but, when I climb into bed to go to sleep, the sheets must be tight and the blankets straight. No blanket climbing up the bed.

Now mind you, once Im asleep, I trash the bed and the blanket is flung off, but before I go to sleep...

stinks when youre dead tired...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Oh Tink you just named another one of mine- food CANNOT touch on the plate! I cannot mix foods either- I eat all the veggies, then all the meat, etc- but not a bite of this and then a bite of that. When I was a kid, we used to eat from these plates with sections so food couldn't touch, so maybe that is where it started. Man- they need to make plates bigger at buffets- its hard to eat at one of those when your foods can't touch each other!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Wow we all have some issues, huh?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Any food that can't be arranged has to be piled in neat separate piles and NO TOUCHING!! I hate when different foods touch each other on my plate.

Chocolate milk. I love chocolate milk but ONLY the powdered Nesquick kind, two heaping spoonfuls into milk that has been in the freezer for about ten minutes so it is super cold.

hee hee hee.. my honey says I should have used that one about the food, it drives him crazy!

My food can not touch one another on the plate and then I eat 1 thing at a time. Veggies first, side dish, then meat. I also will not drink while I eat. I must finish everything on the plate before I drink. There are times my honey is shoving a glass of water in my face telling me I must drink but I wont until my food is gone.

I never thought of this as a quirk though..

and I HAVE to try this chocolate milk thing, that sounds great!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Oh Tink you just named another one of mine- food CANNOT touch on the plate! I cannot mix foods either- I eat all the veggies, then all the meat, etc- but not a bite of this and then a bite of that. When I was a kid, we used to eat from these plates with sections so food couldn't touch, so maybe that is where it started. Man- they need to make plates bigger at buffets- its hard to eat at one of those when your foods can't touch each other!
    I know!! I just make a lot of trip at buffets. I see people pile up their plates like CRAZY at those places and it wigs me out. Yuck. Why not just throw it into a blender and drink it all down at once?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket

Toilet paper - over never under.
    Agreed. If I use the bathroom at someones house I will adjust it, it bugs me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    One must never walk into a movie theatre to see a movie late. Even walking in during the previews bugs me. You must be in your seat before the lights go out. If not, I will wait until the next showing.
    The latest I'll walk into a movie during previews, not any later, if there is even a chance the movie has already started I am not buying a ticket.

For me fingernails and toenails need to be kept as short as possible, I bite my fingernails constantly and clip my toenails whenever they even get close to being long.

Socks are the most important piece of clothing I can own. I hate feet, more specifically toes. I cannot feel comfortable if I am not wearing socks. If I go to bed without wearing socks, I will not sleep. If I am sitting and not wearing socks, I will curl my toes down so I dont need to see them. Ugh it bugs me.

I have more but I cant think of them, i'll keep ya updated.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I eat food in order. No jumping around , all the steak, then the carrots, etc.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast