Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Beauty Products That Don't Work

After trying a new product over the weekend, I thought it might be nice for the Gibson Girls to share advice on products that did not work for them.

My bad experiece was with the Philosophy Candy Cane Body Souffle. I received this gift set for Christmas. I love the lip balm and the 3-in-1 is pretty good, but the body souffle was an interesting experience.

I have been trying to be better about putting lotion on after a shower. I tried the body souffle for the first time. By the time I was done applying it, my skin was warm and cool at the same time. I had planned on leaving the house but I was so uncomfortable that I stayed home an hour longer so that the sensation would go away. It might be a good thing on a hot day, but definitely not on a cold windy day.

Do you have any products you would recommend people not buy?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Re: Beauty Products That Don't Work

^ Wow! I use the Philosophy body soufflé in Mimosa (love it!) and have not had this problem. Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out for you Maybe it is because of the mint or a bad reaction to the ingredients? In my experience with the soufflé it just leaves my skin very soft, no temperature changes.

My vote for products that don't work would be the Neutrogena Pore Refining/Minimizing line. It irritated my skin and did absolutely nothing for my pores!

• Banned User

I'm not a huge fan of any liquid foundation. I use Lancome dual control powder and it's amazing. I dislike the feeling of liquid foundation.

Also, I'm not nuts about Philosophy Birthday Cake bath gel/shampoo combo.

(I love Bliss, on the other hand.)

To be honest, no more MAC Studio Fix Foundation for me. It was horrible for my skin! It broke me out and now I've switched to Bare Minerals... When I need foundation anyway coz now my skin has improved so I don't always need foundation. =D

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Against the grain, it's the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - it might be the type (I use the reddish kind) but it feels so... slimy. And when I put it on, it's like I didn't. It disappears into nothing. So much money for such a little thing. And it suer doesn't cover anything up very well. I like Bare Mineral's a lot better.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Slim Fast ..who in the world can drink two of those a day and only eat one meal per day?! I want to chew my calories , not drink them! If it's between drinking that crap or eating real food and exercising to lose weight, I'll go with the latter!

Sorry..does that count as a beauty product?

• Feeling LOVED

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Slim Fast ..who in the world can drink two of those a day and only eat one meal per day?! I want to chew my calories , not drink them! If it's between drinking that crap or eating real food and exercising to lose weight, I'll go with the latter!

I have to agree with you on the slim fast thing. Plus have you ever had the coffee one and then gone to the restroom? Now I love coffee....but my goodness....it's like your brewing a pot right there. Hmmmm....was that to much....
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Against the grain, it's the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - it might be the type (I use the reddish kind) but it feels so... slimy. And when I put it on, it's like I didn't. It disappears into nothing. So much money for such a little thing. And it suer doesn't cover anything up very well. I like Bare Mineral's a lot better.
    I use the clear one and it's not suppose to cover. It's suppose to help control shine and make the skin appear smoother under foundation.

crest whitneing strips....i do not notice a difference and they make my teeth sensitive to hot and cold....

I know a few people who have gained weight on slim fast, because they used to be very high in carbs.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    I have to agree with you on the slim fast thing. Plus have you ever had the coffee one and then gone to the restroom? Now I love coffee....but my goodness....it's like your brewing a pot right there. Hmmmm....was that to much....
    LOL No that wasn't too much. Thanks for the warning! Note to self...do not ever drink coffee flavored slim fast!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    crest whitneing strips....i do not notice a difference and they make my teeth sensitive to hot and cold....
    I've had a couple boxes of those kicking around my house for almost 5 years no.....guess I'll definitely throw them away...they were probably expired anyways!

I know a few people who have gained weight on slim fast, because they used to be very high in carbs.
    Are you sure it was because of the carbs in the Slim Fast? Maybe they got so hungry that they secretly binged!

I've had a couple boxes of those kicking around my house for almost 5 years no.....guess I'll definitely throw them away...they were probably expired anyways!
    the news says they work. My bf said they didn't work on me because my teeth are already white,....but I want them whiter...

Are you sure it was because of the carbs in the Slim Fast? Maybe they got so hungry that they secretly binged!
    they said they didn't...idk...I never lost weight on them and I didn;t cheat/binge.

this is not a beauty product, but that shower spray cleaner that is suppose to clean on it's on...does not work at all.....

I like this cream, but it does not work like advertised. It's by benefit and it;s suppose to reduce black circle....it does not, but it's a nice eye cream...

• Circle of Ancients

they said they didn't...idk...I never lost weight on them and I didn;t cheat/binge.
    Isn't there a saying that you have to eat to lose weight? I guess it's true!

Another useless beauty product my husband just mentioned is those old conveyor belt like things with the elastic band that would jiggle and was supposed to help you lose weight around your middle.

Remember that scene in "Blast from the Past" when Sissy Spacek was standing on one and drinking a martini at the same time?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I use the clear one and it's not suppose to cover. It's suppose to help control shine and make the skin appear smoother under foundation.

The red one is supposed to cover. At least that's what Ms. Sephora told me, when I was pondering red vs. green (they didn't have clear in the small size).

the Crest did work for me but my teeth were def way too sensitive.

And that automatic shower spray cleaner, yeah, it doesn't work at all! But I also got a free rack for it so at least that's useful
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I'm Flying High

The really cheap MegaPlump lip gloss you can get in drug stores does not plump at all. As for Slimfast or whatever it's called, I actually drank that when I needed to gain weight. I think it is to reduce hunger but not add calories. Scrap that idea!
    The daydream princess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast