Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pampered Chef

• That Guy

Re: Pampered Chef

Hey, I have the garlic press, it is great.

Also, I forgot, but I have the big drink pitcher, it is designed so well

• Oh my Goodness!

And not even I have been able to burn cookies using the cooking stones. They may get really really dark - but they haven't burned.

• That Guy

Why do you suppose they don't do a retail store? I don't get it?

• Oh my Goodness!

Well it was designed as a way for people to make a few extra dollars on the side. Like Tupperware used to me - like ParyLite and other home party type things. And part of the way a lot of the stuff sells is by seeing in demos at the parties... *shrug* But I wouldn't be against being able to walk and a store and buy the stuff.

• That Guy

Oh, I see, thanks.

But if you were the CEO, wouldn't you rather make a boatload of money, over making 'some' money? I'm sure they are doing well, but strip mall stores don't cost much to rent.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I went to a slew of PC parties a few years ago and I have to say everything I bought has been of good quality and I have been really happy with (the cooking stones especially). Now, if only I cooked....

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Okay, this might get me kicked out of Micechat, but, I got a whle bunch of this stuff for a wedding gift, and don't see what's all great. The pizza stone is okay, but, I have not seen where the stuff is worth what the prices are. I have been invited to PC parties, and won't go, because I think it's a waste when you can buy the same thing at walmart or the Cooking store in the outlet mall here.

• Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    Okay, this might get me kicked out of Micechat, but, I got a whle bunch of this stuff for a wedding gift, and don't see what's all great. The pizza stone is okay, but, I have not seen where the stuff is worth what the prices are. I have been invited to PC parties, and won't go, because I think it's a waste when you can buy the same thing at walmart or the Cooking store in the outlet mall here.
    Stitchy-poo, don't worry about getting kicked out on my account. I wanted opinions good and bad. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and frankly I appreciate your honesty. MiceChat has the best people around, and I am thankful for all the responses. I'll keep you up to date on whether I decide to join PC or not.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    Anyone here familiar with the Pampered Chef products? Any feedback good or bad? I'm thinking of becoming a consultant to earn extra money. I'd appreciate any opinions. Thanks in advance.
    Guy
    I have a couple of things from them that I really really like. One is a small size icecream cscooper that you can use to scoop other things as well. Another is some miniature cheese cutters in different shapes. And I have one of those things that cuts the crusts off the bread and seals the sandwich, but I rarely use it.

I think you can get most items at a store for a lot less money , but when I go to the parties, I always try to think of the extra I'm spending on these products to help a friend who wants to make some extra income because it is usually stay at home moms I know who are in this business. But I can't buy a whole lot because I'm also mostly a stay at home mom and only work part time so I also have to watch my money and spending.

The batter bowls are the best thing...EVER! I use them so much and they are the best things from PC I have ever bought!

• Sock Puppet

Hi! Getting my feet wet here on the board by joining in on this thread. I am going to start selling PC next month. I have my first show booked on the 17th of March and I am excited to start. I sold PC about 6 years ago for a couple of years and had a great time doing it. I don't have a problem with the prices after I visit places like Crate and Barrel and Williams Sonoma. I started selling PC in January of 1999 and went through to summer of 2001. I still have all of the tools and most of the other pieces that I earned back then and we really use them, including the silly little plastic spout that you stick in a lemon to get the juice out . We moved around a lot and although I could have taken the business with me, I just let it go to tend to our family and keep things in order these past years.

Direct sales is work, it's more than just doing the shows. Like someone pointed out earlier, it's calling to book the shows and talking to people about the product, just like any other sales. Frankly that's the hardest part for me too. But I'm gonna invest my $150 and move forward slowly. First to make some extra money but I do hope to build my business and be successful. I believe in the product and in this economy, who couldn't use the extra cash. I think when I did it a few years ago, I did about 2 shows a week and made anywhere from $500 to $700 per month. Not too shabby and I didn't think that I worked that hard at all, not compared to some of the sales consultants I met. Anyway, that's my .02 for you. I hope nobody minds my sticking it in???

• Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by justvisiting View Post
    Hi! Getting my feet wet here on the board by joining in on this thread. I am going to start selling PC next month.

I just joined, so we can be PC buddys. Oh, and welcome to MiceChat.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Never heard of the product line at all, but I LOVE kitchen gadgets......not the parties though.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    I just joined, so we can be PC buddys. Oh, and welcome to MiceChat.
    Thanks for the welcome and I'd welcome a PC buddy. Have a great time doing this, if you like the product and like people you will be great at it. Here's to success for both of us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12