Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Super saucy pixie!

Wal-Mart... Has anyone seen this?!

A friend of mine sent me this link today. I watched it and was sickened and appauled. It literally brought me to tears. Have any of you seen this? If you haven't, it's long, but better than anything you could catch on tv tonight. I think everyone should watch it. I wish I had seen it sooner. I will not be spending another dime in their stores.
    What are your thoughts?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Re: Wal-Mart... Has anyone seen this?!

Um, can you summarize for those of us who don't want to / can't watch video at work?
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Senior Minion

I rented this and it was quite compelling while biased, it made perfect sense on how it affected small business in areas where they were built.

In Turlock, California,.They fought Wal Mart from building a super center store and won! Which is a tough fight, it lasted a year or so.

Back in December it was discussed part way through this thread in MiceChat Gold.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46861
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Never been to Wal-Mart, and don't see myself going at all.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Never been to Wal-Mart, and don't see myself going at all.
    I went once to buy a greeting card and jeezus, never again! That place was crowded as hell as if they were giving something away and it was a MESS! I'll stick to Target!

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Um, can you summarize for those of us who don't want to / can't watch video at work?
    Sweat shops, fraud, deception, political pay offs, illegal goings on, the slow collapse of American economy, people left broke and homeless, WalMart encouraging being on Welfare (over $1 Trillion spent in Welfare alone on WalMart employees I believe they said), refusal to pay for time worked, racism, sexism, employee abuse, MASSIVE crime going on in their parking lots, even digging up burial land (and loading all the bodies into a trailer) in Hawaii to erect a WalMart. Basically, you name it, they've done it. It really is worth the watch!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Sweat shops, fraud, deception, political pay offs, illegal goings on, the slow collapse of American economy, people left broke and homeless, WalMart encouraging being on Welfare (over $1 Trillion spent in Welfare alone on WalMart employees I believe they said), refusal to pay for time worked, racism, sexism, employee abuse, MASSIVE crime going on in their parking lots, even digging up burial land (and loading all the bodies into a trailer) in Hawaii to erect a WalMart. Basically, you name it, they've done it. It really is worth the watch!
    Actually I don't. I've been on the anti Wal-Mart train for a while. I thought your video might be something new. Like, I dunno, murder on film or something.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• no flash photography...

I have not seen that video, but allt hat stuff has been all over the news for years. I don't like walmart for many reasons.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I really don't like Wal-mart, but I have bought a few things there, a game, a cd case thing, and an Angels cap (since this is the only place in Fresno that carries them.)

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We have two WalMart's in Corona, CA. I was fond of the first one, that was opened in 1988 or 1989 - but as time has worn on, I find them crowded and employing the most idiotic people, generally speaking, that I have ever come across.

I was in the 'new' one built in 2000 and I asked the employee where Scotch Guard was. He looked at me and said, "What's that?" I explained to him what it was and he pointed and flung his hand out and said, 'It's probably over there somewhere." I was shocked. First, didn't even know the product and second, just had no interest in assisting me whatsoever.

Another time I went in and wanted to get some Silk Soy Milk and there was none in the freezer - so I asked an employee and they said, "That's all we have - they'll stock tonight.' I said, "I need it now - not tomorrow. Can someone go in the back and get me a half gallon?" They refused.

They WASTE bags. I recently purchased a 4 hook coat hook, a Fruit of the Loom tanktop, a padlock, and something for my wife's Grandmother. Do you know that they gave all of that to me in 4 bags!? I was shocked. It could have all been fit into one -maybe two - bags!

Parkinglots - they look like a Shopping Cart war zone. They are ALL OVER THE PLACE. It makes me sick.

Thank you for posting this. It gives me all the more incentive to drive another 3 miles to the local Target - WalMart - for the past several years, leaves me in a bad mood - but this just sort of pushes me over the edge.

Thanks again.

Live Long TARGET stores!

• Banned User

I'm not going to spent 1.5 hours watching this, but, never have shopped at Walmart. Anyone want to offer Cliff notes?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

I rented this on Netflix and it was very engaging.

It's a feature-length documentary on Wal-Mart's business practices and how they have undermined the working class both here and abroad with their sweatshop produced merchandise and low levels of pay & benefits to employees.

I have only gone into one a couple of times since I saw this several months ago and left feeling dirty.

I find it interesting that one of bigwigs of Wal-Mart had a meeting recently with a top Service Worker Union official about improving health care insurance for low income workers. Ya think??
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I'm not going to spent 1.5 hours watching this, but, never have shopped at Walmart. Anyone want to offer Cliff notes?
    How about: Wal-Mart bad!

Keep not shopping there.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Live Long TARGET stores!
    I couldn't agree more...

TARGET is the best...

• Directly directed

I've seen it twice now and it's super scary how powerful Wal Mart is and how many people are decieved. I despise wal mart. It always has screaming kids, sticky floors and no one knows where anything is. Target is soooo much better.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast