Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Question How can I make hockey cupcakes?

My son's 5th birthday falls on the day he has hockey practice. So I thought I would bring cupcakes for the team. How cute would it be to have hockey decorated cupcakes?

How can I do it? I was thinking I could use a mini candy cane for the stick by breaking off a bit of the curvy end, leaving only a slight curve and brown M&M's for the puck.

But can I find candy canes this time of year? If I can't, what else can I use?

Any ideas out there?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: How can I make hockey cupcakes?

Try Big Lots?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

We don't have big lots.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Those Pepperidge farm stick cookie things, kind of expensive but good.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I'll check those out!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

They might be a little too thick and you'll have to break them to make a hockey stick shape.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I don't know what you are talking about. I never buy cookies. But I'll look when I go to the store!

• love my friends

make hockey pucks........ they are round....... decotate them like a hockey puck would look like. it would be so cute

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Frost the cupcake, and stick an oreo on it.

Pretend the oreo is a hockey puck!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    make hockey pucks........ they are round....... decotate them like a hockey puck would look like. it would be so cute
    It's just that hockey pucks are plain black circles. So they would be plain black cupcakes, I just don't think that would be cute.

I like the oreo idea, I just think there needs to be a stick to make sure the idea of them being hockey pucks come across

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    It's just that hockey pucks are plain black circles. So they would be plain black cupcakes, I just don't think that would be cute.

I like the oreo idea, I just think there needs to be a stick to make sure the idea of them being hockey pucks come across

i know some pucks have emblems in them.. make them to be like a NHL team

Friends for life

• Feeling LOVED

I know sometimes at michaels or any other craft store you can buy the chocolate mold kits. Maybe you could find a mold and then use the white chocolate. Or maybe you could improvise, maybe use a bendy straw to poor the chocolate into. Not sure how easy it would be to get the chocolate out but its just a thought. Hope that helps a bit
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• insufferable know-it-all

Frost the cupcakes with white frosting, then use a wide frosting tip to put a stripe of blue frosting across the top, and place the oreo puck on top (like the blue line, get it?). Alternatively, use a smaller frosting tip, and make two blue lines and a red line, then put the puck on.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Life is Great!

I think they now make sugar cookie dough that you unfold and cut out, you could try that and make little sticks out of cookies. its by the premade cookie dough in the dairy section
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Directly directed

As a certified cake decorator I would suggest making little jerseys on each cupcake. This can be easily done with a #3 tip and icing. Michaels sells tips for like $.99, you can use betty crocker icing, Michaels also sells icing bags and ususally you can get them at grocery stores like Albertsons at the bakery dept. for free. Only fill the back 3/4's full and hold the icing bag like a dagger and outline the shape of the jersey first and then fill it in, just like coloring. use whatever colors the team is. Or you could make a hockey stick with a #8 (it's bigger) and some cocoa icing. My favorite cocoa icing recipe is on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. I like the oreo as a hockey puck idea. Or you could possibly do the team mascot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast