Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255

    Men- younger or older-

    (also inspired by the Lost Boys lounge)

    Personally- I don't do younger- been there, regretted it. I prefer men who are older than I am by at least a year or two- preferably more. I'm 33- at this point I would go to 45 top range.

    When I was in my early 20's I played with boys who were 18- really stupid times those, for me anyway.

    Maybe it's cause I am a mom- younger guys just don't do anything for me.

    Girls? How about you?

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in California BABY!
    Posts
    6,593
    My husband is a year and a half older than me. When I was in High School, my boyfriend was 3 years older than me which was a BIG difference at that age. I don't reccommend that for anyone else, but it was good for me!

    I think that women who are middle aged and single could have a LOT of fun with an younger man but probably not for anything serious.

    I think most of the time people who are relatively close in age have the most in common.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson



  3. #3

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4
    I must admit I go for younger guys... legal ones, of course!!!
    Not that I'd turn down an older one!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  4. #4

    • rainy day girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    walking in the rain
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    68
    Usually for me, it's older. I just like em better that way.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

  5. #5

    • e komo mai
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,362
    For dating, relationships and miscellaneous messing around - same age or older.
    For staring at, making fun of and miscellaneous messing around - younger.

  6. #6

    • Just Can't Get Enough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    167
    I always dated younger men during the years I was raising my kids...I didn't involve my kids with any of the guys I dated...my dating life and home life were kept separate. I wasn't looking for anything serious and the guys my age just didn't like the same things I liked...dancing, socializing, parties, sex (more than once or twice a week), etc. (When I say parties, I don't mean frat parties)

    My first husband (the father of my kids) was 2 years younger than I...huge mistake...I was 20 and he was 18 when we married. That lasted 6 years, only because I had kids with him and kept trying to make it work. My 2nd husband (one I'm currently in the midst of divorce with) was 7 years younger than me...I thought we'd be okay because he'd been married for 16 years the first time and seemed to be on my level emotionally/maturity-wise/communication, etc. We see how that turned out.

    In the past 18 years, I've only dated 2 men who were either older or the same age as I and they were generally 'stick in the muds'...guess that's why I've been drawn to the younger guys...they seemed to be able to keep up with me better than the ones my age.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    -------------------------------------
    Vows are spoken
    To be broken
    Feelings are intense
    Words are trivial
    Pleasures remain
    So does the pain
    Words are meaningless
    And forgettable

  7. #7

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by femmdraven
    I always dated younger men during the years I was raising my kids...I didn't involve my kids with any of the guys I dated...my dating life and home life were kept separate. I wasn't looking for anything serious and the guys my age just didn't like the same things I liked...dancing, socializing, parties, sex (more than once or twice a week), etc. (When I say parties, I don't mean frat parties)
    Given that at this point I am looking for something lasting and serious (well, not actively looking but more like hoping-looking is a mistake) I am looking at older.

  8. #8

    • Just Can't Get Enough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Given that at this point I am looking for something lasting and serious (well, not actively looking but more like hoping-looking is a mistake) I am looking at older.
    Me too...(not actively looking, but hopeful). Only problem is, the older they are, the more baggage they carry. My soon-to-be-ex is dragging around a semi-truck. And now, because of a 2nd failed marriage, my wounds are much deeper than they were. I'm going to counseling and hopeful that I'll be able to walk away from this with as little damage as possible. I don't want to be 'ruined' because of a failed relationship/marriage.

    And that photo I posted yesterday, of myself when I was thin...I was 35 in that photo. I looked much younger than my actual age until I hit 40, so younger guys couldn't tell I was that much older than them. All the years of stress and tanning finally caught up with me.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    -------------------------------------
    Vows are spoken
    To be broken
    Feelings are intense
    Words are trivial
    Pleasures remain
    So does the pain
    Words are meaningless
    And forgettable

  9. #9

    • rainy day girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    walking in the rain
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by femmdraven
    Me too...(not actively looking, but hopeful). Only problem is, the older they are, the more baggage they carry. My soon-to-be-ex is dragging around a semi-truck. And now, because of a 2nd failed marriage, my wounds are much deeper than they were. I'm going to counseling and hopeful that I'll be able to walk away from this with as little damage as possible. I don't want to be 'ruined' because of a failed relationship/marriage.
    Sadly, everybody, male or female, regardless of age, has baggage these days. My main rule for dating is this : NO EX WIVES. I had the sad misfortune of dating a man who still had something there with his ex wife, and after that, I vowed never again.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

  10. #10

    • Just Can't Get Enough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    My main rule for dating is this : NO EX WIVES.
    That's a good rule, except I have to wonder what's wrong with a guy who's in his 40's, that hasn't been able to commit to a long-term relationship. My ex-boyfriend before the most recent husband is a perfect example of that...great guy, but has intimacy issues and has never been married. He's one of the ones who was my age and at the time, seemed a good match, but after a few months of dating, it became evident why he'd never been married or even lived with a woman for that matter.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    -------------------------------------
    Vows are spoken
    To be broken
    Feelings are intense
    Words are trivial
    Pleasures remain
    So does the pain
    Words are meaningless
    And forgettable

  11. #11

    • rainy day girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    walking in the rain
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by femmdraven
    That's a good rule, except I have to wonder what's wrong with a guy who's in his 40's, that hasn't been able to commit to a long-term relationship. My ex-boyfriend before the most recent husband is a perfect example of that...great guy, but has intimacy issues and has never been married. He's one of the ones who was my age and at the time, seemed a good match, but after a few months of dating, it became evident why he'd never been married or even lived with a woman for that matter.
    Good point, but my own experience has left me rather traumatized when it comes to exes in general. :o Wouldn't it be awesome if all exes just magically disappeared once you meet a guy?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

  12. #12

    • Original Mice-Chatter
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Sadly, everybody, male or female, regardless of age, has baggage these days. My main rule for dating is this : NO EX WIVES. I had the sad misfortune of dating a man who still had something there with his ex wife, and after that, I vowed never again.
    I agree- but I am right now facing a guy who has never made a serious commitment to a woman in his life. Never been married, might have been engaged once, but did not go through with it. He puts everything off, and admits that he often turns away from good things in his life because he is sure there is something better.

    I would almost rather he had an ex-wife than a fear of commitment.

  13. #13

    • Just Can't Get Enough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Wouldn't it be awesome if all exes just magically disappeared once you meet a guy?
    What would be even more awesome is if you could have the hurt and damage removed from your brain, but keep the knowledge (lesson you learned) for future use. I want them to invent a pill for that
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
    -------------------------------------
    Vows are spoken
    To be broken
    Feelings are intense
    Words are trivial
    Pleasures remain
    So does the pain
    Words are meaningless
    And forgettable

  14. #14

    • rainy day girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    walking in the rain
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I would almost rather he had an ex-wife than a fear of commitment.
    I know I'm warped, but a guy can't sleep with his fear of commitment the way he could an ex.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

  15. #15

    • rainy day girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    walking in the rain
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by femmdraven
    What would be even more awesome is if you could have the hurt and damage removed from your brain, but keep the knowledge (lesson you learned) for future use. I want them to invent a pill for that
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who Do You Think Was Hot When They Were Younger?
    By Dan - Tasmic! in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 09:33 PM
  2. When you were younger.....
    By PiG_GuRl in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
  3. The Younger You!
    By <3WillTurner in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 04:18 PM
  4. Looking younger than you are: Good or bad?
    By Joshrzmeup in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •