Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sick of Guys?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Sick of Guys?

ok, let me explain, lol

i am 20 yo and i have never, i mean NEVER had a boyfriend. so you say, 'how can you be sick of them?"

to which i say, i'm sick of the lack of them. i'm not in school anymore so i don't have the oppourtunity to meet them. so all ya'll adults out there, when do you meet guys other then bars. this is driving me nuts, i feel so old and unwanted anymore, i think i just want to prove i'm capable of holding down a relationship, lol

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Sick of Guys?

Through my friends
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Knight of Naughtyness

My wife met me at an ice cream parlor.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Man O Lantern

We met at a party. But we really got to know one another because several months later, he answered an ad to be my roommate. You never know when you'll meet the right guy--it could be anywhere.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

My husband was my brother's best-friend-from-high-school's brother's childhood-friend's co-worker.

Did you get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Resident Duck

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    ok, let me explain, lol

i am 20 yo and i have never, i mean NEVER had a boyfriend. so you say, 'how can you be sick of them?"

to which i say, i'm sick of the lack of them. i'm not in school anymore so i don't have the oppourtunity to meet them. so all ya'll adults out there, when do you meet guys other then bars. this is driving me nuts, i feel so old and unwanted anymore, i think i just want to prove i'm capable of holding down a relationship, lol

You must be my twin. I'm twenty, and I'll even venture one farther: I've never been kissed. It's not that I haven't had the opportunity, it's just that no one that I've been out with has been kiss-worthy. The main problem with being me I that I'm very picky. Oh, well that and I have braces.

Now, for the advice you may now find useless coming from my mouth: strike up conversation at a supermarket. I went to Costco a while back, and shared a few meaningful looks with a guy (we kept passing each other in the aisles). Finally, we struck up conversation at the canned foods section. Insecurity with braces prevented me from going any farther. A similar thing happened to me at the Disneyland Casting Center (I waited there to support a friend as she applied for a job). A guy sat down next to me, and we talked for a good hour (the casting process is long!). This time, he went as far as asking for my number.

Advice that was given to me by a dear friend: Dating isn't about proving yourself. It's about finding a real connection with someone you can relate to, respect, and have fun with. Don't be so eager to enter a serious relationship, or you may find yourself 'settling' for the wrong man. And be confident in who you are.

I wish you the best of luck!

Disney has ruined my love life

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Althaea View Post
    You must be my twin. I'm twenty, and I'll even venture one farther: I've never been kissed. It's not that I haven't had the opportunity, it's just that no one that I've been out with has been kiss-worthy. The main problem with being me I that I'm very picky.
    I'm in the same boat, so I could also use the advice from this thread.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Resident Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    I'm in the same boat, so I could also use the advice from this thread.
    We should start a 'singles support' group!

It should at least be somewhat of a relief to know we three are not the only ones. Especially since this is MiceChat--and everyone on MiceChat is cool!

Who knows--maybe something could spark at the wedding, Joshrzmeup? (I read in another thread you were going to one, right?)

Disney has ruined my love life

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I met my guy at a bar. The band that he was in at the time was playing and a couple friends took me out to see said band. They introduced me to him, and he seemed nice and he confessed months later he was attracted to me from the moment we met, but that night I was more interested in my drink than meeting guys. LOL! But I liked the band so I went with my friends to see them again... and again. In the meantime, he kept taking the time to hang out and chat with me at the gigs. I thought he was nice and kind of cute. My friends were all, "He LIKES you!" but it took me like a month to realize I liked him too. Somehow I got the courage to ask him out and the rest is history.

• Senior Minion

That wedding isn't until november, but maybe.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Bars are really not good places to meet people.

Better- clubs, activities, school. I met my hubby in class, and the women in my life I've met through different avenues. Friend referrals are the best.

Just talk to people.

Oh, and just to add. You don't need to have a relationship just to "prove" you can maintain one. People maintain bad ones all the time.

When you find one that matters, you'll do it.
    Last edited by alphabassetgrrl; 07-06-2007 at 05:56 PM.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I met my husband at work
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh wow, you are so young!
    you have plenty of time to find someone!

And of course I'll pimp out the Single Riders Gold Club. There aren't that many eligible men, but it's nice to have a place for singles to hang out
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Googly eyed

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Oh wow, you are so young!
    you have plenty of time to find someone!

And of course I'll pimp out the Single Riders Gold Club. There aren't that many eligible men, but it's nice to have a place for singles to hang out

I must giggle about the SR *giggle*
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

• no flash photography...

I met my Bf of 13 years in a bar.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast