Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your type

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Your type

OK I looked but couldnt find a thread on this.

OK ladies and gaymen, I sit here, at home, alone, on a Friday night Got me to thinking of threads and here's one I thought might be interesting, to see how diverse we are.

What's your type? Your perfect man. From physical traits to emotional etc. I know, might be a touchy thread but whatever, its all in good fun. I'll start.

Funny thing is, the older I get, the less picky I become. Time was if the guy wasn't built like a linebacker for a football team (didnt have to be totally muscular mind you but solid), taller than me and make a certain amount of $$$ I didnt wanna have anything to do with him. Now, I'll take what I can get - lol.

Actually I do like taller well built men, always have, because I like the opposite of me, and Ive been fortunate enough to have had a few former college football players as boyfriends that liked us smaller guys. Nowadays I can find anyone attractive physically, from guys shorter and thinner than me (which is rare since I'm 5'7" and it seems most everyone is taller than I am), to taller and thin, to anything really. They can be smooth as a babys butt or furry, a redhead or bald, whatever.

What gets me is whether he can carry on an intelligent conversation one minute, then say something totally goofy the next. I'm a sucker for intelligence and humor. Have a nice smile with nice teeth and a sparkle in your eyes and I melt like buttah.

I prefer masculine men as well. They dont have to like football and hockey like I do per se, and I can certainly "gurl it up" as good as anyone, I just prefer that when they open their mouth the pink chiffon doesnt come flying out, you know? Maybe thats strictly a gayman thing. Do you ladies have the masculine/feminine thing with men?

Anyhoo, there's my description. Whats yours?

Cool

Interesting thread. Got me to thinking. I guess I am mellowing with age also.
    But right off the bat, I guess my first response would be someone younger than me (which makes me sound like a dirty old man). I'm not talking "Want some candy little boy?" but someone out of college and with a job (preppy type?). I used to think I prefered the surfer boy (and I still do) but my tastes have started going more toward the dark-haired type recently. I haven't thought about height or weight, or even the whole "pink chaffon" thing. I guess I'm just looking for a normal guy who want a normal relationship, whatever that means.
    I'm curious to see what others write.
    BTW your thread now explains a lot about your avatar (which I likey!).
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• 28:06:42:12

I like 'em geeky but cute...the shy boy next door who spends more time reading comics and playing video games than with girls (although social skills are a must). Sense of humor is important. Things like height don't tend to bother me, since everyone is taller than I am (I'm just a shade under 5ft...in shoes!), but I do like a guy with a bit of meat on his bones. Not too much, mind you...keeping it more or less proportional is important (a little pudge is ok). Blue eyes are mandatory...I used to like them blond, but have discovered the appeal of dark(ish) hair and blue eyes. A shy smile, a sly and wicked sense of humor (and fun!), a Southern drawl, a dirty mind...all required. It helps if he's a few years younger than me (I still haven't figured out why I prefer younger men).

Intelligence is, of course, the most important thing, even if it's more in the form of a slow and deliberate mind rather than a sharper, more incisive one. A strong work ethic is also important. It doesn't matter how much money you make, so long as he's got a steady job and works hard.

...funny, I think I just described my boyfriend to a T...
    Last edited by Marie; 07-02-2005 at 12:00 PM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    I've discovered too, that as I get older and see different kinds of people that my type is changing too. That's all I have to say about that.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    I think that as you get older you begin to realize that there's more to loving someone than seeing just what's on the surface. And you find that it's about more than simply 'what can this person do for me'. When you really know someone and love them, the beauty shows.

As for me, I can't say that I have a type. As a matter of fact, this almost kept me from meeting my loving partner of nearly 8 years. We met in a chat room on AOL (I know, it sounds trashy and cheap... ) and since we're very different physically, he kept asking me what my type was. He was sure that I wouldn't be interested in anyone like him. But we eventually worked through that and now here we are.

Yout 'type' is a good place to begin, but it should never be your final answer.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries
    I'm just gonna saw that I love the 80's rocker type of guys!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Tall, skinny rocker boys. Bonus points if they're British. Ever since I was a kid I've been attracted to the rockers. My last two boyfriends have been musicians. That pretty much sums it up for me. Heh!

• For old time sake

I went through phases, but have always come back to my original...tall (taller than me I mean) dark and handsome. My first husband was Italian, olive skin, thin build, cute. After we split I went to big guys...big build, thick, all dark hair. Then I married a tall thin blonde and realized, blondes and I do not mix. So I found Derek....He's 1 inch taller than me, dark, asian and CUTE!!!! Most importantly we have fun together. We are always laughing and saying silly things. We have songs we sing to each other, and we have goofy sayings...It's great!!!! And he accepts me regardless of my flaws!!!!! I heart him so much. He's truly my type
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    What gets me is whether he can carry on an intelligent conversation one minute, then say something totally goofy the next. I'm a sucker for intelligence and humor.
    Well, I'm married so this is a moot point BUT, if I wasn't I have to say I totally agree w/ this line of thinking. Intelligence and humor, cleverness more specifically, are VERY attractive.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Man O Lantern

I've been married for eleven years, but ain't dead yet.

I loooove the bookish nerdy types in glasses, shaved head, tattoos (hopefully!!), wearing sandals, a little gray in the dark hair if he has any, maybe a silver cuff bracelet if I'm lucky. Car? A Volvo or a Subaru. Clothes? Long, baggy shorts and a blah colored shirt. Body? Slenderish but tight. Hair? Optional.

• Queen of Randomness

Re: Your type

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    ...funny, I think I just described my boyfriend to a T...
    I think that I am about to do the same thing... He has to be freakin' hilarious. I like guys that are on the geeky side, taller than me, have some muscle (he's a swimmer), I have to be attracted to him, sweet, understanding, and it helps if he absolutely adores me.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I've been married for eleven years, but ain't dead yet.

I loooove the bookish nerdy types in glasses, shaved head, tattoos (hopefully!!), wearing sandals, a little gray in the dark hair if he has any, maybe a silver cuff bracelet if I'm lucky. Car? A Volvo or a Subaru. Clothes? Long, baggy shorts and a blah colored shirt. Body? Slenderish but tight. Hair? Optional.
    Hmm...memo to me: Do NOT introduce stinkerbell to my husband.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I think it's safe to say that we all know who's my type. Hee.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

I'm gonna say this again: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

The perfect man?

One who loves all things Disney!
    One whose entire wages/savings are invested in a flashy car beyond their needs.
    One who doesn't drive around with their music so loud that the screws holding the car together become loose from the base.
    One whose pants actually fit them and the crotch isn't hanging between their knees like they had a potty accident.
    One who thinks Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld are the real 3 stooges.
    One who fancies the Arts.
    One who loves Vietnamese, Thai, Mediterranean, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese and Korean food. My favorites!
    One who likes sub-titled films and prefers foreign films and programming.
    One who would go to a club to socialize and dance, not to get wasted, throw-up out the window of a car and get so pissed they don't even remember how lame they were.
    One who likes music because of its creativity and originality, not because its on the Billboards or MTV.
    One who has their own sense of style, not a wanna-be, imitation version of someone else.
    One with a desire to uphold a high standard of hygiene.
    One always willing to try something new, give someone or something a chance at least once.
    One who considers alcohol to be a drink that enhances your meal or dining experience, uses it in moderation.

Thatís all I can think of right off the top of my head..I am really not picky. I just like a man that is independent and doesnít govern himself in a way that will warrant attention and a popularity vote, but rather improve the person he is and the direction in which he is going.
    Last edited by AnotherPixie; 07-04-2005 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Darn typos.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast