Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Deep Conditioning Treatments..

Can anyone suggest a really good one?

Between the pool, sun damage and coloring my hair is SOOO dry. I tried Philosophy's Shear Splendor and wasn't impressed with it and I can't use anything by Pantene(it gives me tropical fever hives)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Re: Deep Conditioning Treatments..

Dmom - I use Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment about once a week and it works great. My hairstylist recommended it.

Aveda also makes a regular Damage Remedy shampoo and conditioner, but the Intensive Restructuring Treatment is more hardcore.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I like the ojon restorative hair treatment. You can use it as deep conditioning or leave in and it smells great. It's worked faily well on mine and mine is uber dry.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Patty, that's the one that smells kind of like coffee and has a grimy texture doesn't it? I had a sample size of it once but the texture skeeved me out, I'll have to give it a second chance.

Thanks to both of you! I'll check that out IJiz

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I'll see if I can get you a sample.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Yup, it's a bit freaky, but it worked for me.

A lot of the time I just use conditioner when I shampoo and then I'll put on a small bit again as a leave on conditioner with any brand. The extra helps when it feels super dry.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My girl has used the Kerastase treatment on me a couple times and it works pretty good.

• Man O Lantern

I swear by Kerastase. I go to a Kerastase salon and I looove it. I could never have long hair if it wasn't for that brand and my stylist. The treatments are so worth the $$.

Don't ever use Pantene. Every stylist/colorist I've ever been to says that Pantene is like paint thinner on your hair. Totally destroys your color.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I agree that Pantene is horrible. I have very fine, very long, very curly hair and I was told Pantene doesn't rinse out well so it leaves a greasy film and creates 'dead spots' in your hair. I love Biolage extensive conditioning treatment. I also got an amazing hair treatment (with scalp massage) at the GCH Mandara spa and my hair is still wonderful from it, done on the 7th. The product used cost $15 and you don't need much. It's Elemis exotic frangipani monoi moisture melt. I believe it's more for the scalp but it made my hair so soft and the curls are extremely defined which is harder when your hair practically reaches your waist. Check out www.elemis.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Aussie 3 minute miracle. You could probably do a hot oil condition once in awhile, too. Besides, that just feels nice!
    A signature should go here.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

The brand Schwartzkopf has a wonderful product called Osis Magic. It's not a conditioner, but you put it on your hair before and after blow drying and it makes it soft as a baby's...well, you know. I use this stuff whenever I can, especially after getting my hair colored. You can find it at most beaty supply shops for around 13 - 15 bucks.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I went throught he same thing last summer with my hair D-Mom...I looked like my hair had turned to straw . Two different beauty supply places I visited both recommended I use L'oreals's "Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nuturing creme." Now, I'm not a fan of L'oreal products, but since two different people recommended this, I decided to give it a try. This stuff is great! It really fixed my hair and I highly recommend it.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I have been meaning to post this exact question lately. Mine is soooo very dry on the ends. I need a remedy aside from getting 6 inches cut off, because I don't want to do that. It's very weird, it just got this dry in the last 3 weeks or so.

I have been reading things on a Long Hair board that I'm a member of and I'm planning to start trying to do every other day with just conditioner, no shampoo. I normally don't wash it every day because it dries out, but when I'm swimming nightly, I have to. I will also look into the products recommended here because I can't stand this straw texture hair. Gah!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've put my hair through the ringer for over 20 years with perms all through school, then dying it, plus all my styling tools. I'm amazed it hasn't fallen out yet! My stylist has said my hair is in really good condition despite it all.

For my daily shampoo/conditioner routine, I usually use TIGI's Self Absorbed from their Bed Head line. Love that stuff! I've been recently using Matrix's Color Smart because I couldn't find my TIGI on sale, but I just got a fresh supply last weekend so I'm good to go once I get my hair trimmed up and dyed again next week.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I LOVE TIGI's Shine Junkie! LOVE that stuff, I recently ran out and am in dire need of more. I use it on me and both the boys I tried Self Absorbed(I liked the name ) and it didn't work for me.

Julila, I don't know if you do this, but my hairdresser says to always go into the pool with wet hair. Either just wet your hair or wet and add conditioner to it, to help protect it from the pool chemicals.

I got my hair done today and it's extra extra conditioned and feels so good!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast