Thread: Shoe question

• Senior Minion

Shoe question

I bought a pair of shoes and when I walk, I slip out of them (or my heel does), but if I get a size smaller, I won't be able to get my foot into them.

Any suggestions as to what I can put into my shoe to help my foot stay in? I love these shoes and they look so perfect.

Thanks for the advice and help!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Shoe question

Can't you go even a half size smaller? Sometimes that helps.

Well, in case you can't, you might want to try those shoe insert things. They can make the fit of a shoe a bit tighter so it stays on your foot better.

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Sorry, I don't have any advice, but I had to comment because I've had the same problem. I once found a really comfortable pair of shoes, but my heel slipped out, so I ended up not getting them. So sad.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Try the little cushion-y things you can get for the balls of your feet. They are just enough lift to push your feet back into the heel part.

• She was sweet as a peach

I have used heel grips (not sure what the proper name is). It is grippy padding that sticks to the inside of your shoe.

I looked around (on the internet) and moleskins keep coming up as a way to attain shoe comfort. I not sure what it is but people say it works.

Plus every time I type the word "shoe", I actually type the word "show" and have to go back and fix it. Every single time.

• Senior Minion

I use moleskin for my dance shoes to keep them from giving me blisters, but it's a pain in the butt to get off.

I found one heel grip in my sock drawer and put it in the shoe and that does seem to help, but of course it makes the shoe tighter in the toe area, but i'm sure once I walk in them they will get a tad wider.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Target has these wonderful adhesive heel inserts. they are tiny cushions that you stick inside the heel of your shoe, and they keep this from happening. I used to have this problem a lot, and these really work. I bought several pairs and keep some extras for new shoes. I think they're like $3 a pair. My advice - get the black or nude colored ones, they are covered with fabric. The clear ones are made out of a wierd gel and their adhesive does not work as well, they come undone from the heel of your shoe and pop out.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Target has these wonderful adhesive heel inserts. they are tiny cushions that you stick inside the heel of your shoe, and they keep this from happening. I used to have this problem a lot, and these really work. I bought several pairs and keep some extras for new shoes. I think they're like $3 a pair. My advice - get the black or nude colored ones, they are covered with fabric. The clear ones are made out of a wierd gel and their adhesive does not work as well, they come undone from the heel of your shoe and pop out.
    Thanks for the advice, i'll have to go to target and check them out!

I'll have to get the clear, my shoes are clear all around. But I might get nude and live it with it. No one will care that I have a heel grip in a color other than my shoe color.