Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: What's Wrong with Being a Slut?!

I think that sluts serve a need in society; just like prostitutes, illegal cable box installers, and the local nightclub bouncer, for example.

• Angel baby

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    I tend to distinguish between a "slut" and a "skank".

A slut crosses over into a skank when she either A) makes consitently poor choices on who to sleep with and/or B) uses sex in an overly and overtly manipulative way. To some degree, all sexual relationships involve some sort of manipulation, but I think we all have a general sense of what's normal and what's kinda cruel and skanky, even if no hard line can be drawn.

As long as a person is acting sanely and safely, their sexual activity is their own business. Of course, complication arises when you start to define sanely and safely...
    Here here!

I'd also like to add that when a female is sleeping around and falls for the guy, using 'I'm pregnant' when really not to keep him and then claim miscarriage when he doesn't bite is lower than lowest thing a person can do. That's skanky at the ultimate level.
    Last edited by Minionette; 07-06-2005 at 08:04 PM.
    Folks
    I'd like to sing a song about the American Dream
    About me
    About you
    About the way our American hearts beat way down in the bottoms of our chests
    About that special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts
    Or maybe below the cockles
    Maybe in the sub-cockle area
    Maybe in the liver
    Maybe in the kidneys
    Maybe even in the colon
    We don't know

• wasting time

A girl at my company didn't fake a pregnancy; she planned it w/o her BF knowing it by going off the pill and not telling him. Now THAT is a skank!

• wasting time

A while back 2 girls in my department were dating the same guy from a different department and all 3 of them knew about it.

• Angel baby

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    I girl at my company didn't fake a pregnancy; she planned it w/o her BF knowing it by going off the pill and not telling him. Now THAT is a skank!
    That is a total skank!!! There are so many levels of skankiness. Crying rape for attention is up there too. I can't decide if it's above or below the fake pregnancy on my skank scale.

Ya know, I'll never understand why some girls do that. I think using charm & wit will do much more than lies & filth.

Sluts I don't mind. I can't stand skanks (can ya tell?)
    Folks
    About me
    About you
    Maybe in the liver
    Maybe in the kidneys
    Maybe even in the colon
    We don't know

• Feel the breeze!

A girl at my company didn't fake a pregnancy; she planned it w/o her BF knowing it by going off the pill and not telling him. Now THAT is a skank!
    No. That is evil and manipulative. Skank does not come close to capturing how bad that actually is.

• wasting time

The funny thing is she did it as a way to try to get him to marry her.
    It's been a few years now & they have a second child but no marriage.

• Feel the breeze!

The funny thing is she did it as a way to try to get him to marry her.
    It's been a few years now & they have a second child but no marriage.
    That does not surprise me either. Of course, what type of foundation is that to build a marriage upon? Lies and deceit do not build trust.

• -Going Retro-

I can deal with sluts hell I'm called a slut on a regular basis but skank GROSS whenever our friends see a skank close to us one of us will say "did you smell that?" "yup..I smelled skank"

• Angel baby

To take a line from The Fast and the Furious :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: I smell skank!
    Folks
    About me
    About you
    Maybe in the liver
    Maybe in the kidneys
    Maybe even in the colon
    We don't know

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

ugh I hate that movie....but I respect the quote
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Puppy Cuddles

Women will always be defined by their sexuality as opposed to men (with the possible exception of gay men) because ever since what seems like the dawn of time, women have been the ones whose sexuality needed to be controlled. I agree that women can sleep around a few times and be labeled a slut, but men who sleep with a country are congratulated. Oh well.

I was out with two of my guy friends and wearing shorts and a tank top (not particularly short shorts or revealing tank top), and a couple of older ladies walked by us and muttered slut under their breath. I was the only other female in the aisle so I can only imagine that they were talking about me. I guess that just goes to show that the definition of "slut" is probably generational.

THough skanks transcend generational definitions. They just give all women a bad name.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    I was out with two of my guy friends and wearing shorts and a tank top (not particularly short shorts or revealing tank top), and a couple of older ladies walked by us and muttered slut under their breath. I was the only other female in the aisle so I can only imagine that they were talking about me. I guess that just goes to show that the definition of "slut" is probably generational.
    That's the other thing, what defines a slut? Way of dress? Number of sexual partners? Wearing makeup? Dating (maybe not necessarily sleeping with) more than one person? High heels? What?

• Feel the breeze!

Women will always be defined by their sexuality as opposed to men (with the possible exception of gay men) because ever since what seems like the dawn of time, women have been the ones whose sexuality needed to be controlled.

This disturbs me. By the use of the word "needed" it make the statement read, to myself, as if you are advocating the oppression of women due to their ability to cause lusty thoughts in men.

I am sure that is not what you mean. Can you expand on this thought?

I agree that women can sleep around a few times and be labeled a slut, but men who sleep with a country are congratulated. Oh well.
    Is this right or wrong? Of course, I have the same feelings about a guy who has sex with every woman he can as a woman who sleeps with every guy they can. They are both sluts and have nothing to be proud of. Of course, if they are not leaving abused or distraught people in their wake, are protecting themselves, and making sure they are not fostering unwanted children then they have nothing, in my opinion, to be ashamed of either.
    Of course it does not mean I would ever act that way.

• No longer on the darkside

IMHO...

People should be comfortable with their sexuality and be able to express it with others in ways that please both parties.

Using the power of sexuality for evil...well, it's evil.

Sex is like any other power. Use it wisely. This may mean celibacy until marriage for some people. This may mean having sex with lots and lots of strange people (at once?) for others. Who the hell has the right to give anyone sht either way? As long as all parties involved understand and agree with the goals set. Being a teasing virgin leading others on can be just as evil as screwing people just to show your power over them.

Please note my lack of male/female distinctions in this post.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast