Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Special Member x]

In the wonderful world of Disney, of course!

A silly little Coach keychain costs so much!

One of the students at my school has a Coach keychain on
    their backpack. I know that Coach is... Very expensive, so I ask
    how much it was. She says it was at least $30.00. Who agrees that
    that is wayy too much for a tiny little keychain?!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: A silly little Coach keychain costs so much!

Some people will pay any amount to have something with a name brand or something that they absolutely love. I agree that it's expensive , but maybe the cost didn't matter to her since she wanted it that badly or maybe thirty dollars to her is like 30 cents to us because she's that rich.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Like this one for $48. Yes, ridiculous!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Yikes!!

I so can't get into the expensive purse thing... If I really wanted one, I'm sure my HUbby would save up and buy me one.. but I wouldn't use it! Walking around with something worth $300 (at least!).. I wouldn't put anything in it for fear of a pen exploding!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i've never understood the whole spendy handbag thing...or the shoe thing, other than my Chuck's, but they're not spendy...

needless to say, Dustin's quite happen about my lack of interest in these subjects
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Designer and name brand items command the prices they do because there are people in line waiting to pay their prices. ;-)

Besides, it looks to be a nice keychain and Coach makes a quality product. Their stuff lasts for years and if there is ever a problem with quality, they will exchange/replace/repair without a blink. Can't say that about many things that don't have that price point.

• no flash photography...

I don't do real spendy purses, but I do like fossil. It's one of the stores we must go in in every visit. That and sephora.

The only things I do like to buy and I really don't consider the cost much are lenses, computer stuff and make up.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Their stuff lasts for years and if there is ever a problem with quality, they will exchange/replace/repair without a blink. Can't say that about many things that don't have that price point.
    I have "a few" Coach bags and a wallet. But I don't need a $48 keychain. (My $5.00 DLR keyring is at least 5 years old and still going strong!) Who sees your keyring long enough to grab some status (if that's what you are going for).

• Circle of Ancients

I'm always scared that if I buy something that nice and that expensive , it's going to get lost, pr worse, someone is going to steal it.

That's why my biggest splurge is my hair. I know I won't misplace it and no one can steal it.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Smart thinking PB!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• insufferable know-it-all

Let's be honest, designer keychains are for poseurs. If you're so rich, you should just go buy the bag, where there is some justification for requiring/wanting quality workmanship, and which will broadcast your "status" loudly enough to be heard by those you want to notice it.

But a designer keychain is significant only in that, while ridiculously overpriced, it is the only thing within reach of the average Jane, and therefore, the only person likely to feel $30 worth spending on a keychain is the one who can't spend $300 on the whole purse. So it's sort of like declaring that you may have a little extra cash in your pocket but are still decidedly middle class.

There is no logical "need for quality workmanship" argument for a designer keychain. Purse, shoes, even belts, I get that, because you use them, they are visible almost all day long, and perform an essential function. A keychain is just an ornament attached to a ring that holds your keys together, and spends most of the day in your purse.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Clearing my Calendar

I love my Coach purses. I have two. They were given to me as gifts, but after having owned them, I would definitely buy one if I ever felt the need for another purse or something drastic happened to one of the ones I own.

I used to go through inexpensive purses like water. I think one year I bought five. That adds up.

I haven't needed a new purse since I received these four years ago. They're classic design, leather purses. One's for "summer" one's for "winter". They're not going out of style any time soon.

For the record, the light brown one does have a few ink marks, scratches and other signs of use. Because it's leather it adds character to it and it's soooo soft from all the use. I once had a lady ask me, "Is that a Coach?? Can I pet it??"

But I tend to naturally take better care of it than I did my inexpensive purses. I don't throw it onto anything, I hang it. I hang it from my knee when we're at a restaurant instead of setting it in full view of someone or setting it on the floor. I don't over stuff it. I clean it out regularly. I keep *one* pen to reduce ink explosions.

That being said. I think the keychains are ridiculous and, like Morigoon said, more of a "I want you to *think* I can afford the purse even though I can't and settled for this."

I've seen Coach dog collars too. On some of the most disgustingly filthy dogs I've ever seen. The dogs themselves were Goldendoodles (another "rich" status symbol in this area) and loved to roll in the mud and get all matted. I'd bet the collars were upwards of $70 or $80 each.

What a waste.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Defying gravity

I have a Coach keychain and a Coach charm for my cell phone...which I carry in my Coach purse.

My mom and I are absolutely addicted to all things Coach - it's a very bad obsessive to have. Keep us away from the Premium Outlets in Cabazon, CA!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    Let's be honest, designer keychains are for poseurs. If you're so rich, you should just go buy the bag, where there is some justification for requiring/wanting quality workmanship, and which will broadcast your "status" loudly enough to be heard by those you want to notice it.

But a designer keychain is significant only in that, while ridiculously overpriced, it is the only thing within reach of the average Jane, and therefore, the only person likely to feel $30 worth spending on a keychain is the one who can't spend $300 on the whole purse. So it's sort of like declaring that you may have a little extra cash in your pocket but are still decidedly middle class.

There is no logical "need for quality workmanship" argument for a designer keychain. Purse, shoes, even belts, I get that, because you use them, they are visible almost all day long, and perform an essential function. A keychain is just an ornament attached to a ring that holds your keys together, and spends most of the day in your purse.
    I have 2 of these ridiculous keychains, and 7 of the ridiculously overpriced purses. We found decent deals on them at the Coach outlet. I couldn't care less about the quality workmanship, but they are all very cute and very practical. I love them even if it makes me a poser.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Hiding in the shadows

I love Coach products, but I do not own any. For me, I am not willing to pay more for my purse or a wallet than the money I have to hold in it. I love to go walk around the outlets though and maybe someday I can find reason to buy one. They are awesome quality and I have lots of friend sthat own them.

If you make your own money its your choice how to spend it, so if this girl saved up her own $30 and decided to blow it on a coach keychain and it has made her feel better about herself so be it. I woudl never pay that for my kids, but if they work for something and want to spend their own money its their choice.

For me, if I have an extra $300 to spend on a purse, I would rather put it in my kids college fund. I'll buy the Coach purse when my kids are out of the house!

A little piece of heaven

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast