Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• T'zambezi makes me sneezy

Who loves thrift store shopping?

I'm a fan. I mostly get clothes and shoes from thrift shops but I've found some pretty nice furniture, too. I love it because it relieves stress plus it's pretty cheap. It's great. Right now I'm wearing a coolio pair of retro jeans with sequines beaded along the sides. 7 bucks at Saver's.

So is anyone else here a thrift chick? Got any tips or ideas when it comes to shopping?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Who loves thrift store shopping?

I admit, I loved thrift store shopping when I was in high school. Not so much anymore.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

There are ton of thrift stores up here. I am looking at going there for novelty sheets to use for sewing. Like how cool would it be to get a little wallet with "Rainbow Brite" on it? Can't get that type of stuff from Walmart.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Oh man, I Looovvve thrifting!! First of all, the clothes are cheap and typically in good condition. I live in Ventura, and the thrift stores around here are great because there are a lot of rich people in Ventura who sometimes donate things they never even wear. I've gotten two practically brand new designer bags from thrift stores... Thats what I typically buy.. bags and accessories!
    <3 Chloe

• phbbbbbt

I have the *best* thrift store near me! It's neat and clean, and the clothes are actually sorted by department, then by type, then size, and -get this- then by color. It is so easy to find what you're looking for. It's just like shopping at Target, except that I can buy boy's adjustable waist denim shorts for $3. Last time, I picked up a super cute pair of Motherhood maternity shorts for $3, I was stoked. And the last two trips, we picked up Little Mermaid, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, and Aladdin, in original cases, for $1 each. We also do Ren Faire, so I always have my eyes open for baskets and pitchers and dishes we can use out there.

The kids love to go too, because we never know what we're going to find, and they know they can usually each pick out a book or something. My 8 year old really understands that when we save money by shopping thrift, we can spend it somewhere else. He and I even looked at Motherhood online, my "new" shorts retail for $15. It's also recycling, which we're trying to teach!
    xo, Deanna

•   

My wife used to go shopping to the thrift stores out here in Long Beach all the time! This was before me though. She doesn't do it at all anymore.........
    She was watching a show this weekend with the sexy Marisa Tomei (sp?) and she was in Argentina shopping at thrift stores. I think it got her in the mood to check them out again.

• Banned User

Oh man, a topic I love so much!!
    Guess what I got today?
    3 christmas presents!!! I found 3 brand new mega bloks pro builder sets, 1 an air force jet, one a huge combat tank, and one combat helicopter. each one brand new, never opened and all three together cost me less then 12 dollars! my son is a major lego and mega bloks builder, they cost me a fortune each year. I am one happy mom, this kid will flip when he opens these.
    Some of my best gifts ever are from the thrift stores. last weeks find? a huge keyboard. with a tag on it of 159.00 I got it for 12.00 ( it will be for the 5 year old as he loves music! ) I got bags of brand new socks today 29 cents each! every item, new, never opened never used! I go every opening I can, good will here is awsome, I wish we had more places to go ! we have a salvation army, but its small and not to clean. I do not go there.

• Banned User

I forgot to add I get my kids books there also. today 6 disney books for 10 cents a piece. and a mega coloring and work book.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 'Strue View Post
    I'm a fan. I mostly get clothes and shoes from thrift shops but I've found some pretty nice furniture, too. I love it because it relieves stress plus it's pretty cheap. It's great. Right now I'm wearing a coolio pair of retro jeans with sequines beaded along the sides. 7 bucks at Saver's.

So is anyone else here a thrift chick? Got any tips or ideas when it comes to shopping?
    Always be the first in. I have found when I am at the door early, I find some awsome deals. this week there selling hundreds of brand new costumes at the goodwill for under 10.00 .

• Disappearing/Reappearing

we started going last week to look for dress pants and a blazer for hubby for his Halloween costume...and walked away with some good deals. We found about 5 movies, two or three are Disney...for only around 2.50 a piece. VERY happy with them. My prize? A story book of Mr Toad!!!!! I was SO excited!! I loved that story and ride when I was little. I can't wait to show my mom....she'll freak out.

• Hangin Around

I love thrift shops and garage sales. For me it's the thrill of finding treasures.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I wore too many thrift store items when I was a kid, and it wasn't for fun. So I now buy everything brand spankin' new!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I haven't really gone to any since college, but I needed a tie for a costume so I went to a local one that got good reviews and WOW. It was hard to not actually shop The racks of already broken in jeans really caught my eyes. I'll probably be back when I have a little extra in my wallet!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• no flash photography...

I've never been in a thrift store. I'm not really sure if we have any around here.

• Grumpy old man

My dad used to do a lot of thrift store shopping trying to find old toys and such that he could resell for his business. I hated it because the ones here all smell horrible and are very dirty.

Though I when I dressed as Alex from A Clockwork Orange for Halloween, my entire costume pretty much came from thrift stores.

When I was looking for a jacket or vest to put patches and studs on, I shopped thrift stores, but never found anything.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast