Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• decorating

lets talk about the pill, baby

...lets talk about you and me. Lets talk about all the good things, and the bad things, that it brings. Lets talk about........ birth control!

OK, so I have been on Ortho Tricyclen (or the generic) for over 8 years. I am going in in a couple weeks to change my prescription... I cant handle it anymore (it was really good for my acne and stuff, but of course, bodies change). I get anxiety badly, nightmares, cramps... blah blah blah.
    I see the comercials about Yaz, but not really sure what he's going to recommend.
    The last time I tried to switch I had major mood swings and no period, so I'm a little stressed. Anyone switch to a lower dosage pill and recommend theirs?

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Re: lets talk about the pill, baby

Well, I was started off on Yasmin b/c I was only getting my period once every three months.. at first they thought it was PCOS, but they did all the testing and I didn't fit the criteria. I loved Yasmin. I started dropping weight because my hormones were being regulated, and my periods werent as bad. Then, I started getting migraines so I was switched to Yaz, and I love that too! Anything that makes my hormones better=good. The only down side to Yaz is that I get pretty bad cramps on it, where as with Yasmin the cramps were slim to none...
    Good luck!
    <3 Chloe

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I have been on Ortho Tri-cyclin/lo for about 8 years and I have never had any problems, except for slight nausea during the first week every so often. I am too superstitious to change brands now.

My only advice is to ask for a few months of samples when you are switching in case you don't like them as it might take a couple different kinds before you find something that works for you.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

would you believe that never once in my 42 years have I ever used any form of BC???
    when I finally did get married at 30, my husband can't have children naturally, so there's no need (my kids are IVF)

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Do you have a 27B/6?

My circumstances are pretty much the same as QuietViolet's. I was on Yasmin for several years, but am currently on Yaz. I've never had bad cramps, but I have noticed some slight cramping with Yaz, whereas it was never noticeable before.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Man O Lantern

I could never do the pill for more than a month or two because I would get violently sick and throw them up, making them useless. So I'm 34 and have never really been on the pill.

My husband got a vasectomy 6.5 years ago and it's awesome!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

after I had my daughter, the doctor told me to try Yasmin to help clear up my face. I hated it. It didn't clear up my face, and I had horrible cramps, mood swings, and other pms symtoms. I had never had those before. So, I had him switch me back to Trilevlen.

My husband got a vasectomy 6.5 years ago and it's awesome
    YES!!!!!! My husband got one last year....and I got to get off the pill. Although, now, I'm looking back into it. I don't like pms. Haha. I dont think he's too crazy about it either. haha.

• decorating

Thanks for some imput. My acne cleared up on Ortho, but since i'm 28, not that much of a deal now.
    My doc also said a change would help me lose the weight I keep gaining, so that's something I'm looking forward to.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

My acne cleared up on Ortho, but since i'm 28, not that much of a deal now.
    maybe, I will try Ortho....I'm 27, and acne is still a HUGE problem for me. I don't have it bad, but I get those cysts pimples, the huge ones under your skin? Yeah, fun. I have to take SOOO many drugs for my skin.

• decorating

• Blow me to Bermuda!

When I was younger, it didn't matter which pill they put me on. Even the lowest dose gave me horrible mood swings. Now that my body and my hormones are on the same page, Yasmin works well for me. I pretty much take it more for hormone regulation (PCOS) than actual birth control. I have an appt next Monday and will be having a conversation with her about possibly switching to something else. Haven't decided yet, just looking for more info.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

I was on the Pill for 10 years and it didn't matter which one I used. Good luck.

I was getting severe emotional flattening, so I got off 'em. Now I have an IUD and I couldn't be happier.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• no flash photography...

I was on orthonovum for years. My doctor said orthotrcyclin wasn't something I needed. All BC pills will help clear up break outs and I had been on mine so long I was already getting the benefit. They were fine, but then i started spotting a lot. So, i went off the pill for a few years and then started on Norinyl. It was fine, but my prescription ran out so I was off them for about a year and just started taking them again. I don't have any side effects and my period is a breeze while on them. I barely even notice them.

I'm not sure if norinyl is lower dose pill, but I think the doctir said it was....idk. it works I'm happy.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl;2268611[COLOR=#800080
    I was getting severe emotional flattening, so I got off 'em. Now I have an IUD and I couldn't be happier. [/COLOR]
    The IUD is one of the best decisions I made. Now I'm starting to kind of miss that "emotional flattening" and am thinking about the pill again, just to help regulate PMS symptoms. I'm thinking I must be peri-menopausal because I'm just all over the place for the last year. I'm tired of the roller coaster!
    A signature should go here.

My emotional range is narrow enough to begin with. I didn't need it narrowed even more. My wake-up call was having forgotten my pills three days in a row (unheard of!) and suddenly I felt great.

I know other women though who have been on the pill forever and love it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast