Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Icky creepy guy answers my personals ad (this is why I canceled it)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I'd get on Match.com or eHarmony.com

I had a lot of weirdos through Yahoo and AOL, back in my "hunting days".

Oh, and being snappy kinda helps. I went on a couple dates with this guy who was 2 inches shorter than me. (No big deal - that didn't concern me one bit, but it is relevant to this story.) He tried to get me in bed on the second date, to which I declined. So, he sent me a "Dear Jane" the next day, and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't think this will work out, because I'm having an issue with your size." (Wow. He blatantly called me fat, but apparently, I was still good enough to try and land in the sack... this ******* wasn't about to get away with this one.) My response: "Oh, thank goodness you brought it up, so I didn't have to. I noticed the height thing as well, and I'd never be able to consistently be seen in public with such a short man. I'm sorry, but I think it's best that you know. Thanks for beating me to it. I felt like a snot for wanting to say anything to you."
    This is when you just smile and say, "Sorry, there's a height requirement for this ride."
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• At the Gym or at DL

Nephythys,

A positive spin on this: At least with this personal ad method you found out what a creep this guy is without much expenditure of your time and effort.

In a more conventional meeting situation you may have accepted a date with this dude, have to pay for a babysitter and give up an evening with your kids, only to find out he is not worth the water in a toliet bowl.

Keep it up and good luck. Even if you have to sort through 50 responses from morons like this before you get one good one it is still more efficient than shotgun dating.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

All I can say about "the ex-bronco": CREEPY.
    ok, there is more: TOTAL MORON, TOTAL DICK,ETC....
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

I've been where you're at, Nephy. I couldn't help but laugh at this idiot! What a dork! He has no clue about women. Good luck in your search.

Disneyphile- Great comeback!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by CaraGoCeltica
    All I can say about "the ex-bronco": CREEPY.
    ok, there is more: TOTAL MORON, TOTAL DICK,ETC....

The ex-Bronco did not send me that! He has been nothing but chaming, poilte and pleasant to talk to- non-assuming and very well behaved. I have no clue who this idiot is- but he contacted me twice- but after being told I had so much "mileage" and basically being told I ask too much- well, I blocked him.

• Quality not quantity

I don't have any direct experience, but I have to wonder how much is eHarmony? It might just be worth it. In one of the strange quirks of life that actually work the way you would want (most of the time) dweebs, dorks, and psychos are not the type that would spend real money on meeting someone.

Perhaps you would meet a better class of person, more interested in a real relationship. Oh and speaking from personal experience, don't stress over the Disney aspect too much at the beginning. It can be kind of fun to introduce someone into the fold just be careful which individuals you let them meet until you are good and sure they are hooked.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Original Mice-Chatter

eHarmony is 50 a month-
    and the Disney thing? If they state up front that they don't like Disney- then I can weed them out LOL

• Puppy Cuddles

Totally off topic, but I had a friend of mine register for e-Harmony and he was one of the few people for whom they cannot possibly find a compatible match! How big of an ego crusher is that? He wasn't a bad guy, seriously...I mean he's my friend and all.

Anyway you should add "Skeevy guys need not apply. You know who you are."
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Ewwwwww!!!! I'm sorry you had to wade through that. If he thinks you are asking too much, he should really just move on. You're only asking for what you want and need in a mate. If you want it, you got to ask for it.

With his attitude on children? Of *course* you'd rule him right out.

• That's Hawt

Conversation skills are highly developed. I know how to listen. I like to practiced at empathy and honesty.

Practiced .... ncie garmaer tehre bdudy! Good job weeding out the trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Nephythys: Your ad has great detail. I can tell you put a lot of your heart and mind into it. I'm so sorry that some creepy guy had to ruin it for you. I have friends who met and fell in love through the online personals. It's by no means a perfect medium, although people do have positive experiences. It's certainly a good medium in that you're able to control who you do and don't associate with at the click of a button. Maybe sometime in the future you might have a better experience.

• Silly me

In a castle far away from Cali....sad I know

Wow, thats an amazing response. Not much else I can say about that....good luck on the search!
    Back to school back to school, to prove to dad Iím not a fool I have my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight I hope I donít get in a fight oh back to school....

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Here's my e-harmony story. My sister is a teacher. Her co-worker signed up for e-harmony. One day, she gets an email "we found you a match" kind of thing. When the picture downloads....it's her student teacher that she had been working with all semester!

He called in sick the next day! I don't know if they ever went out after he finished working there. I'll have to find out when school starts up again.

Sorry that guy was such a weenie!
    A signature should go here.

• Waiting for the stork

What a twerp! Really some guys have no clue!
    But at least he was good for a laugh, what a f---ing idiot,

You will find your princecharming, he is out there, I know it
    Hang in there sweetie.
    procrastibating

• And, THEN she said...

what a dummy!! and i bet he thinks he was being charming and cute ***gags** but i know you will find a good one..just keep beating those bushes girl..i had to beat alot of them before i flushed out my old man..

and the creeps are why i hide under invisible on yahoo messenger LOL but dont give up just yet my old mans daughter found hers in a yahoo chat room of ALL places..and that was five years and a Baby ago! so i guess its workable..just keep looking and keep filtering them out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast