alex says omg a thread about bras.
    i tell alex to stay out of thread.
    alex then posts in saidthread.
    rofl.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Bras

Bra makers are weird. I was never able to find a bra when I was young. I was a 38A at age 16/17/18. It was a search! Then in between high school and college and well now I am 38 C and that's not so hard to find. I sometimes get the Barely C because sometime during my cycle I get not so big and then it's like BOOBS! And I am spilling over. The Barely's are great. Because I never understood why there aren't half sizes...

Get fitted, but also know depending on where you are cycle wise it varies. Also one boob is always bigger than another so you could be a D in one cup and then not fill a D cup on the other size.

Speaking of big boobs: my nana was a G cup. Yes. 4'9", totally skinny, huge knockers. My other grandma barely an A. So my sister and I are totally different cup size wise.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Oh and don't get me started on one being bigger than the other. It's not as uncommon as you think. They really do need to make half sizes.

My eldest daughter wanted a big chest, but she favors my small chested mother, the other three kids of which do not want large breasts so far are favoring my big chest wife, much to the jealously of my eldest.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPeaRules View Post
    Hehe go ask them if they would buy "granny bras & panties" at their ages!! I bet you'd get some interesting responses!!
    !!!! Jen! You have no idea! I had to wear my grandma's underwear one time because that's all there was! How dare you make me think of that again!

♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I don't care what my bras look like. I don't feel any diffrent than I do in one than any other.

What bothers me is that all the bigger band sizes also have bigger cups. I'm a "barely b" but I'm also fat, and they rarely make B cups in my band size.... NEVER "A"s. So I end up wearing ones that are too tight so I can get the right cup size. Frustrating!! (BTW I do wish my boons wer bigger in general)

Good luck to you on your search but remember ... they're expensive but if you take care of them they should last a pretty lonmg time!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Good luck to you on your search but remember ... they're expensive but if you take care of them they should last a pretty lonmg time!
    Meaning wash them on the delicate cycle and don't put them in the dryer! They need to air dry. I even air dry my cheap Target bras so they last longer.

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Did you have to do a strapless bra? Those never stay up - tho' I suppose that may be true for all women.
    I wear strapless all the time but that dress wasn't working for me. Though the other bridemaids were fairly large and seemed to be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Not the same I also lug a big belly around

get out!!! now your making me jelous, you and disneygal !! with your small cup size, your perkyness. "dam you all to hell " ( yeah I watched planet of the apres today ) I would give anything to not have my breasts enter a room before me, to leave after me, and to step on them if I am nto careful!! to be able to sleep on my stomache with out having my head a foot off the pillow to buy a blouse that is not to small on top and a tent below. when i am old they will be tucked in my pants like my shirt. you small breasted women, you lucky sons of *&^%$#@ I envy you!!!

wow I feel much better getting that off my chest...... so to speak Happy New year
    You make me feel so good!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Yeah, I'm 50 years old and I can still pass the pencil test!
    I don't think that I will ever be able to hold anything up, not even a sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Meaning wash them on the delicate cycle and don't put them in the dryer! They need to air dry. I even air dry my cheap Target bras so they last longer.
    Or even wash by hand, that's what VS suggests on their bras.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I agree with DMom. Yes, I was shy too but it helps to be properly fitted. I know that this is something that many women face and there are options out there - but you just have to search for them and find something that fits for you. Once you know your size and maybe something at Lane Bryant that works maybe you can watch for sales?

Aww, Alex! That is too cute! Unfortunately...

I'm going to have to agree withe Angel. There's a mix between function and feeling sexy. Sorry I can't be more help to you girl... Just keep trying!!
    that's a good idea.
    I guess i'll have to find the time to be fitted.
    then the courage.. lmao
    --

--
    Exactllyyy!
    thanks Bri
    i definitely will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Bra makers are weird. I was never able to find a bra when I was young. I was a 38A at age 16/17/18. It was a search! Then in between high school and college and well now I am 38 C and that's not so hard to find. I sometimes get the Barely C because sometime during my cycle I get not so big and then it's like BOOBS! And I am spilling over. The Barely's are great. Because I never understood why there aren't half sizes...

Get fitted, but also know depending on where you are cycle wise it varies. Also one boob is always bigger than another so you could be a D in one cup and then not fill a D cup on the other size.

Speaking of big boobs: my nana was a G cup. Yes. 4'9", totally skinny, huge knockers. My other grandma barely an A. So my sister and I are totally different cup size wise.
    oh yea i know!! it's ridiculous rofl.
    i need like a D and a half i think, because DD is just a bit too big, but D is a bit too small

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    What bothers me is that all the bigger band sizes also have bigger cups. I'm a "barely b" but I'm also fat, and they rarely make B cups in my band size.... NEVER "A"s. So I end up wearing ones that are too tight so I can get the right cup size. Frustrating!! (BTW I do wish my boons wer bigger in general)

oh i know! i've noticed that. rude to assume that smaller chested women wouldn't be bigger. and vice versa.
    --
    haha yea, my mum is always telling me to not complain and that i should spend the money, but take care of them and it's money well spent.

thanks for all the advice guys!

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post

I don't think that I will ever be able to hold anything up, not even a sticker.
    When you are 50, you will be proud of those perky twins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post
    EXACTLY!
    UNGH!
    *head slap*
    I see breast reduction in my future
    i used to be a 50H and had a breast reduction in 2001. BEST THING i've ever done for myself (besides asking my husband out ) i just wish i'd done it in my 20s instead of waiting until i turned 30. Also if you get your doctor to start documenting the physical problems large breasts cause for you, such as shoulder and back pain, it is VERY likely your medical insurance will cover the cost of the reduction. My insurance covered mine and i only paid 100$ for my deductible for my surgery.

Oh and don't get me started on one being bigger than the other. It's not as uncommon as you think. They really do need to make half sizes.
    half sizes would so rock...i'm the same way myself...too big for a C now, but not quite big enough for a D

i would reccommend Lane Bryants for bras, not only do they have some cute styles but they really seem to have a lasting quality to them. before my reduction i was having to have bras custom made and they were costing me 60$ a pop
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

And lately I've been liking the Gilligan & O'Malley bras at Target. Go fig.
    I'll have to check those out. They're pretty and they come in colors. I like that. Smooth finish, too- no bumps!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i used to be a 50H and had a breast reduction in 2001.
    Congratulations on being more comfy! I had talked to a couple fo women who had theirs reduced, and they are similarly happy. If having medical documentable problems, insurance is very likely to cover a reduction.

Half size and mixed size bras would be fantastic.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i used to be a 50H and had a breast reduction in 2001. BEST THING i've ever done for myself (besides asking my husband out ) i just wish i'd done it in my 20s instead of waiting until i turned 30. Also if you get your doctor to start documenting the physical problems large breasts cause for you, such as shoulder and back pain, it is VERY likely your medical insurance will cover the cost of the reduction. My insurance covered mine and i only paid 100$ for my deductible for my surgery.
    wow H? I didn't know it was possible for them suckers to get that big haha.
    Does neck and shoulder blade pains constantly make it happen?

From what I remember, the conditions for covering breast reduction:
    plan to remove at least 500cc removed from each one
    neck, back, shoulder pain; something along those lines

There were more but I forget. Call your insurance and find out what the conditions are. They'll tell you. It's been a while since I had to check benefits with health insurance so I don't remember as much as I thought I did. I remember they took pictures and submitted them with the request for authorization.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

oh okay thanks.
    I know i have serious neck pain when i sit, like it's pulling me down or something. It's not fun.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast