Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Making the first move...

So, Gwyren and I are talking about my roommate (shh, don't tell her ) who likes this guy she works with. Signs say that he likes her too, but he hasn't made any move yet. All they do is talk and talk and talk at work - breaks get extended, he stays after work's over to talk to her (she's a talker to begin with...) but they have discussed some pretty intimate details of their lives. However, he's never made a move to get together after work - even on group outings that he's planned, she hasn't been invited. It also took him a long time and a mutual friend for him to get her number.

She doesn't want to make a move, not being 100% that he likes her and having that notion that us girls have - that we want to be pursued, to have the guy be the one to make the first move, because it's romantic, tradition or whatnot.

In my very limited expirence, I did realize how nice it is to have the guy make the first move - the reassurance that you're not crazy for thinking he likes you, not having to worry about your heart being rejected if he says no... that kinda stuff.

Anyway... what do you gals think about who should make the first move?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Re: Making the first move...

I suggest picking up the book "He's just not that into you"....if he likes her back...he'll let her know..TRUST ME!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burgirl
    I suggest picking up the book "He's just not that into you"....if he likes her back...he'll let her know..TRUST ME!
    She does have that book and has read it!! I should suggest she pay more attention.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I've never been a fan of making the first move. I'm somewhat old fashioned that way. If he wants to make the move, he will. Period.

Of course, once the first move is made, she should totally go for it!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

some guys are nervous and don't want to make the first move for the same fear we have. nobody likes rejection.

she should get a big group together to go to a movie or something and invite him so that he knows she's thinking about him, and then if all works well maybe he'll get the hint that she likes him??

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I say make a move! Maybe he's scared of rejection, I know I get that way quite a bit. But Ive also come to the conclusion that if you WAIT for the other person to ask you may be WAITING forever!

I figure why waste the time, lifes far too short, ask and if he isn't really interested at least you'll know and you can move on and go on with life. Why let things hang like "oh does he like me", "but what if I say something and he thinks I'm an idiot". Do like Nike says to do, JUST DO IT!!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I've never been a fan of making the first move. I'm somewhat old fashioned that way. If he wants to make the move, he will. Period.

Of course, once the first move is made, she should totally go for it!
    That is how I feel. And it's worked for me so far. However, you are right O-nut sometimes you have to just make the move too. Boys are so sometimes.

Oh, do I even have to type it out?

• Smells like beer

I'm not a girl but I feel like answering this, so shoot me! I think the guy should always make the first move. However, the girl has to drop some sort of a hint that she wants the move to be made. That is all.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer
    I'm not a girl but I feel like answering this, so shoot me! I think the guy should always make the first move. However, the girl has to drop some sort of a hint that she wants the move to be made. That is all.
    I suggest picking up the book "He's just not that into you"....
    AND HITTING HIM WITH IT....not subtle but memorable

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by LightBeer
    Well, I will say this - there are some guys out there, no matter how many hints you drop, will not notice them.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

It's hard to say what the first move really is. Like for me, if I like a guy I'll make moves, but they will be very subtle. <-(okay in another life) Like certain looks, a leg crossing here or there, paying very close attention to what he says and other little flirty moves. After that, I have never had to make the real first move. I guess if after acting like that and the guy hadn't made a move, I would have moved on cause "he's just not that into you!"
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• "I just don't listen."

I'll admit it...I have no game. I won't know how to make the first move if I wanted to. So I'm for the guy making the move. Then it's just a matter of me picking up that he is making the move.
    April
    Someday my prince will come
    Someday Ill find my love
    And how thrilling that moment will be
    When the prince of my dreams comes to be
    Hell whisper I Love You and steal a kiss or two

• Original Mice-Chatter

I was going to suggest the book as well- if he can't make that effort, he is just not that interested. I would not do anything- if it was me- because I think he should do it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    JUST DO IT!!![/
    YOU deserve the GOLD Baby!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast