Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raw Jeans

Re: Raw Jeans

Hey, I've got a few pair of raw jeans too! I'll chime in and answer any questions you have, to the best of my knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    That is just gross to me. I can't imagine wearing something for 6 months without ever washing it.
    It's pretty easy!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I'm just thinking, if I wear my favorite jeans more than 3 times I can pull them off without unbuttoning or zipping them. Six months? I'd be able to wear them as a dress. Or what happens if (and we're in the girls lounge so I can mention it) you have an accident? Are you stuck not washing them for the remaining time? I hate doing laundry and use Febreeze if I want one extra wear in, but 6 months...
    Raw jeans are TONS stiffer than the prewashed/distressed/whatever off the rack non-raw jeans that companies put out today. That's why it takes so long for them to get broken in. They shouldn't be sliding off your hips anytime soon (granted you wear pants that fit, and not overly baggy).

As per laundry, fitting them for yourself can be quite a process. Cold/Warm water stretch and shrink the jean. Some people turn the jeans inside out and soak them to get all the excess indigo dye out and/or put them on, and sit in the tub and soak to get a better form-fit!

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    I'm glad you answered! Neat to get an opinion from someone who does it.

Do you like these jeans more than "regular" jeans?
    Depends on the occasion. My favorite pair of regular jeans I wear just doing whatever, they've been worn down to a point where they feel almost like suit pants. My favorite pair of raw jeans I like to wear when I'm wearing a sportcoat, or any other time I'm not wearing sneakers/flops.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    My high end jeans ($150+), I don't wash very often at all. I have had a pair since Sept. that have never been washed, actually. I have two other pairs that I bought then that have only been washed maybe twice?

None of them go in the dryer. Shudder. I hang dry them, then steam iron them (the only things I own that I iron). It's the only way to preserve them that I know of.

I hang dry my jeans as well, to preserve length (i need a 37" inseam!). what does the steam iron do? I don't have any high end jeans, but if i did, it'd try not to wash them as often as i wash my cheap jeans.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I hang dry my jeans as well, to preserve length (i need a 37" inseam!). what does the steam iron do? I don't have any high end jeans, but if i did, it'd try not to wash them as often as i wash my cheap jeans.
    maybe it makes them soft again. My mother used to hang dry my jeans and I hated putting them on. They were like cardboard until the softened up again.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

howl! my husband would LOVE these. the ONLY thing he'd love more is if they made these into underwear!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    I'm glad you answered! Neat to get an opinion from someone who does it.

Do you like these jeans more than "regular" jeans?
    I don't own a lot of "regular" jeans, actually, just two pairs. Most of mine are high-end and have been for the past four years. I like having the structure. After having nice jeans, it's almost impossible to go back, unfortunately. I don't think I look good in Gap or anything else.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Not to jack the thread, but I got to walk behind Stink this weekend on the way to the hotel and her jeans look great!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Clearing my Calendar

I don't own a lot of "regular" jeans, actually, just two pairs. Most of mine are high-end and have been for the past four years. I like having the structure. After having nice jeans, it's almost impossible to go back, unfortunately. I don't think I look good in Gap or anything else.
    Guess that answers my question!

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Not to jack the thread, but I got to walk behind Stink this weekend on the way to the hotel and her jeans look great!
    I've always heard that she looks killer in jeans.

Now we know why!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I do know how to shake my moneymaker. I swang that thang til it puts you in a coma. Thanks, Tiff, I knew my butt was being closely monitored, I didn't realize how closely.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I have to do the same thing. I hang my jeans dry and then put them in the dryer so they aren't so stiff!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I air dry my jeans too because I buy them at Target and they'd shrink if I threw them in the dryer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Air dry-er only because I don't like using the dryer and like the feel of sun dried clothes (plus someone here said you get Vitamin D by doing that!).

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Air dry-er only because I don't like using the dryer and like the feel of sun dried clothes (plus someone here said you get Vitamin D by doing that!).
    aren't your clothes freezing and not drying outside this time of the year?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I have a shirt right now that's outside because I spaced pre-snow covered in 3 feet of snow. I hang stuff up around to dry. Heater and big windows.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I have the Maytag drying station. The top portion is to dry things flat or hanging, but on very low heat for a longer period of time. It runs 3-4 hours. I dry my jeans in there.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

In addition, my "regular" as opposed to raw jeans are still of high-quality. (note: which usually ends up with a high-quality price tag too, unfortunately) But the fit of them is amazing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast