Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raw Jeans

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Raw Jeans

I need to get one of those rack things to dry clothes on. We're not allowed to put up clotheslines at my complex, so all my air-dry clothes get flung over the dining room chair, over the bedroom doors or hung up in the closet on hangers. Takes my jeans at least 2 days to dry that way. PITA.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

So I'm supposed spend near $150 for a pair of jeans that I'm not supposed to wash for 6 months......so I can then get the 'distressed' 'weathered' look that I can buy in the store for $50 and am allowed to wash them the moment I get them.

Hmmm 'raw jeans'..........seems pointless if you ask me. I'll stick to my $50 Levi's and Quiksilver jeans.....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I need to get one of those rack things to dry clothes on. We're not allowed to put up clotheslines at my complex, so all my air-dry clothes get flung over the dining room chair, over the bedroom doors or hung up in the closet on hangers. Takes my jeans at least 2 days to dry that way. PITA.
    PITA?

Currently my favorite t-shirt is hanging up on the giant bolts inside the A-Frame of the house. So don't feel bad. But go to QVC.com and search clothes rack. You'll get a bunch of good stuff, including a rack of ribs!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    So I'm supposed spend near $150 for a pair of jeans that I'm not supposed to wash for 6 months......so I can then get the 'distressed' 'weathered' look that I can buy in the store for $50 and am allowed to wash them the moment I get them.

Hmmm 'raw jeans'..........seems pointless if you ask me. I'll stick to my $50 Levi's and Quiksilver jeans.....
    I've got quiksilver jeans that are $100+, and I've got levi's that are $175, and seen a few in-store pair go for $500.

(Just letting you know that these brands are in on the raw/high end jean bandwagon)

• Minion

Blog Entries

remember how i mentioned my pop?

i told him about them and his responce was "Hell, i got a pair in my drawer that havn't been washed in 5 years...didn't cost no $150 either"

FIVE! and u guys thought 6 months was bad! lol

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Most of my jeans are too long so I dry them all hoping to shrink them LOL
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by surfanimal View Post
    I've got quiksilver jeans that are $100+, and I've got levi's that are $175, and seen a few in-store pair go for $500.

(Just letting you know that these brands are in on the raw/high end jean bandwagon)
    levi's can get down to like, 30 bucks at mervyn's and they have a huge selection. sure, they make some designer type nice stuff, but most of the levi's you buy in clothing stores are basic and affordable.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Heh. This sounds like the type of thing that people get into while trying to be hip, which is funny because the one thing a cat can do to assure that they aren't hip is try to be hip.

My jeans are all whatever is cheap and says "relaxed fit" on the label when I'm out jean buying. I can't justify laying out too much bread on fancy pants, so it's usually Levis for me. Or whatever The Wife gets me. Her opinion is the one that matters anyhow, so if she thinks my butt looks good then I'm flying high.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123