• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

First Day of School

Another school year has begun in our household. For both kids.

Today, Alison started kindergarten. She has been looking forward to this since Brian started Kindergarten last year. Her biggest goal was to be able to play on the playground, swing on the swings, and break in the slide. She had a good day, looked utterly precious, two small french braids holding her hair out of her face, butterfly notebook in her Hello Kitty backpack.

Brian looked like a big guy first grader, hair spiked (aka spikeys), a cool green soccer shirt, and shoes that won't slip off too easily. He was excited about the fact that he had his very own books.

I will post pictures later on.

When do your kids start? When do you start back to school?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: First Day of School

Aww, mamabot! How sweet, kindergarten. So how are you holding up? Relieved to have them out of the house or sad to see them go or a little of both?

Paige started 6th grade at the beginning of July (we're on year round schedule out here.)
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• insufferable know-it-all

First week in August? Seems a bit early. Are they on year-round or something?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Mamabot that is so exciting!

I am really excited for my son to start school. He is only 3 now, but it'll come QUICK I know! I don't know how I'll take it. I have been very fortunate to be able to stay home with him and even have only had him babysat around 10 times. SO reliquishing constant supervision of him will be very hard. But I am still SO excited for that phase.
    Both myself and my husband loved school and did very well so I think he will also.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Yes, they are in year round. Our district is supposed to be going to traditional for all schools in two years. Brian & Ali's track is as close to traditional as we can get (D track).

I am a little sad, but mostly excited for Ali. She has really wanted this. She is certainly ready for it intellectually. This is the kid wonders why she wasn't born first.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• For old time sake

Aww, Little Ali-baly is in school now!!!!! Here's to the next 13 yrs of being at the top of her class. She's so smart and so sweet that she's bound to succeed in everything she does
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Aww, Mamabot, what a bittersweet morning. I hope Alison has a wonderful, wonderful year in Kindergarten and I hope Brian has a great first grade year!

My girls start on August 15th. Amber is starting 6th grade and it's in a school with only 6th graders that is really far away from the house. I guess all the elementary schools got too crowded so they just fed them all into one school for 6th grade, then next year they will all go back to their area Middle School's for 7th grade. It's going to be really weird! Autumn is starting First Grade and I'm sad that she'll be in the Elementary School all by herself this year. It was always nice knowing Amber was right there last year. Autumn isn't doing so well with the discipline side of things so that was always good, even though it only takes us about 15 minutes to get there from work. This weekend is our Tax Free shopping weekend so we'll be taking advantage to get school supplies, shoes and clothes.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Circle of Ancients

Our kids start on the 31st of this month.

2nd and 4th grade respectively.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Awwwww I'm glad my little AliDoll had a good first day and her look precious, well DUH!!

Kyler and Shawn start August 22 1st and 6th grade, right along with All Aglow's girls
    They are both starting in a new school since we moved and this will be their last year in the same school.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    Aww, Little Ali-baly is in school now!!!!! Here's to the next 13 yrs of being at the top of her class. She's so smart and so sweet that she's bound to succeed in everything she does
    You know you're just saying that because she can write Katie rules!!

Mamabot, the little bots are going to school! I love it. Glad Ali had a great day. How was Brian's first day back? Good I hope. Now he has to take on the responsibility of big brother. Making sure no big kids pick on his little sister! That's what mine did!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I stert September 8th...I'm the one (Supposedly) teaching the darlings. 12th grade English and theater.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Theme parks empty next week!!!!
    (at least Busch Gardens should be..)

SheiKra Party!!!

wait... I am happy school is back...(and volunteering is happening now..)

• Man O Lantern

AWWW......Ali's officially a kindergartener!!! I hope it all went well today for both of them!!

I started reading this thread earlier and began to post...then got the call about our freaking renter's moving out, so I didn't want to come back into the thread, because I was convinced it was bad luck.

But since I loooove you so much, I wanted to give you a hug and tell you congrats for getting those kids off to school and not freaking out about it!!! Like I do.

We have until Sept. 7th and I already got almost all the shopping done, minus some soccer gear and tennis shoes. And now the next month is going to get eaten up with finding good renters....so I'm sad. Second year in a row.....third if you count the year before when we were moving in August. I just want ONE peaceful August. ONE.

I just can't believe your Ali is in kindergarten. Blows me away!!