Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm blue

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm blue

Sigh...So here's the thing. In less than 2 weeks now, I will be going back to work. Next week, soccer practices begin to occupy 2 nights a week. I just have this sad feeling that this long, perfect, endless summer vacation I've been on since February is winding to a close. Don't get me wrong, it'll be great to go back to work and re-enter the real world. But the more I think about it, the sadder it makes me.

Anybody else ever feel this way at the end of summer?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: I'm blue

I use to when I was in school. Now I look forward to it because it means kids will be BACK in school and it's autumn!!

• Artsy Fartsy

I hear you. I work in medicine and summer time is always slower. We seem to get more days off and long weekends. I'm not looking foreward to school starting or winter that much. Hang in there you'll get back into a routine.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm looking forward to the end of hot weather (even though it'll be mid-September before I get it).

I understand the going back to work thing, but on the other hand, when I was unemployed I didn't do any of the things I always want time to do (like paint).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I'm looking forward to the end of hot weather (even though it'll be mid-September before I get it).

I understand the going back to work thing, but on the other hand, when I was unemployed I didn't do any of the things I always want time to do (like paint).
    I'm totally looking forward to the end of the hot weather, I'm much more of a cold weather type.

During my period of unemployment, I have realistically accomplished very little. In fact, more often than not, I stayed home and did nothing whatsoever. I found it quite to my liking, and despite the lack of productivity, I've found these past several months to be the happiest in recent memory. I really enjoy dropping my daughter off at school and being there to pick her up and sitting down to do homework together. I'll miss that the most.

I think I'm just feeling rather melancholy at the thought of how my life is about to change from basic and simplistic back to the stress and bustle of being a working mother.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I'm Blue
    Da ba dee dabba dy dabba dee dabba dy dabba dee dabba dy
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• insufferable know-it-all

Understood.

But wasn't it great to have this time, at this time in your daughter's life, to really bond with her?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Da ba dee dabba dy dabba dee dabba dy dabba dee dabba dy
    How did I know, as soon as I saw you'd posted here, that this was what you would post? Silly boy! You're going to make me cry.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Understood.

But wasn't it great to have this time, at this time in your daughter's life, to really bond with her?
    Yes, it was the greatest thing ever. It's going to be hard to let it go.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Awwwww Sunny G-Lite I"m sorry your feeling blue I say wallow in it for a day or two, let yourself be mopey and sad! There's nothing worse than hearing 'you'll get over it' when you want to wallow in it!!
    but I hope you feel better soon

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

i know what you mean sunny, i have to go back to work after not working for 4 months and i am dreading the rat race. all the heavy scheduling, day care, who picks up who and when and can you get off work early,and we have to be at practicedoctorsschoolmeetingect ect! i'll miss putting the baby down for her nap with mommy kisses....why can't i be rich instead of beautiful??
    please be afraid.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Awwwww Sunny G-Lite I"m sorry your feeling blue I say wallow in it for a day or two, let yourself be mopey and sad! There's nothing worse than hearing 'you'll get over it' when you want to wallow in it!!
    but I hope you feel better soon
    Gosh, it's like we share a brain. *sheepish* Yeah, I kind of am wallowing in it. I'm sure it'll pass in a day or so, I'm just generally blah today. Thanks for understanding, you rule.

• off in lala land

Sadly... all good things come to an end, like summer. But hey, you will be making $$ and get to take vacations, buy fast cars and live in big homes, at least that is the plan.

Summer is nice, but really, it's just hot, sticky, full of kids, and crowded where ever you go. Once you are in your climate controled enviorment, restricted to your desk, have exactly 1 hour for lunch and must work the most beautiful days, you will learn to like it.. I swear...

(someone send the rescue team to my office and get me out of here!)
    ...it's been a long time.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey
    Sadly... all good things come to an end, like summer. But hey, you will be making $$ and get to take vacations, buy fast cars and live in big homes, at least that is the plan.

Summer is nice, but really, it's just hot, sticky, full of kids, and crowded where ever you go. Once you are in your climate controled enviorment, restricted to your desk, have exactly 1 hour for lunch and must work the most beautiful days, you will learn to like it.. I swear...

(someone send the rescue team to my office and get me out of here!)
    You have such a way of putting things in perspective, HM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast