Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Artsy Fartsy

Sad I think is a Divorce

Well I think I'm going to file for divorce. I just needed some info from any one out there who's filed in CA recently. I don't know the first step about going through the process.

I don't want to bum anyone out with all the details. But I would like to talk aout it maybe get some clairity on the sitch. If anyone dosn't mind.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: I think is a Divorce

Wow, MG, I have no advice to give you on this, having never been married or divorced, but I'm sorry to hear it. Hope all works out for the best.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

if you have the means, get a lawyer. i have a very good divorce attorney right now. i cannot stress how much better the process has been with this person! good luck to you. this is one of the most difficult times to go thru and i wish you the best of everything
    please be afraid.

• Artsy Fartsy

Thanks PB, I think that's what I'm gonna do. Iv'e heard the same thing about the lawyer.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

MG, I don't have an advice for you besides finding a lawyer but I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope that it is as painless as possible for you. Stay strong!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• For old time sake

Be strong and yes, get a lawyer!!!! This will no doubt be a trying time for you. (been there, done that)
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Oh sorry to hear that. I worked for a divorce attourney for a year and it seemed to always get ugly. You can also do a mediation. You have an attourney, he has attourney and then there is a third attourney or retired Judge. The nice thing is you get to put all of your requests out at once. The paperwork for a divorce is not complicated, a paralegal could do it. The main thing is what you both want and if there are kids (visitation schedule etc.) Once all of that is agreed on then it should be pretty smooth sailing.
    Good Luck.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• me.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you want to do this. I don't have any advice.. well my mom and dad got divorced when I was two.. but that was a while ago. Stay strong, we are here for you.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm so sorry to hear that have to go through this. lots of hugs to you!!
    <o>

Re: I think it's a Divorce

My friend just filed; no lawyers at this point, only a mediator. I like the idea of mediators- they are interested in solutions, lawyers make more money the longer they keep you fighting. No incentive for solutions. I guess it depends how much you're able to talk to each other.

Good luck on a quick settlement that you can both agree on.

Divorce sucks. But, afterwards....it's the best thing in the whole world. My advice though, start meaningless dating right away.....THEN be alone. The first couple months/years are hard...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry to hear that its gotten to the point where you feel this is the only option. But sometimes its just not ment to be. Divorce is hard on everyone involved, but often trying to make it work can be harder in the long run. Sorry I don't have any personal advice (been married 28 years but it hasn't always been easy), but the mediator sounds like a good way to begin. Best of wishes to you at this trying time and don't be afraid to hang out in here if it gets rough. We love to give support and hugs in time of need!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Still wants to be a cat!

It always depends on property, kids etc. I'm so sorry that this is the end of the Promise you made when you got married.......good luck!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Rainicorn.

*hugs*
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Just Me

I came really close to divorce a few years (5) ago... things got really bad. He said some verrrry hurtful things, and instead of support during a baaad thing, I got blamed for it. I had planned my escape, even saved $$ for it. Heck, I even found an apartment I liked. Luckily we did work it out, but for me, the pain will always be there.

((hugs)) You will survive this, and come out stronger for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast