Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: Have kids? Let's chat about them here...

Oh Tinkerbelle, I would have panicked so badly! My heart is still beating really hard after reading your post.

I haven't ever had that happen but I did have something similar. The VERY first day that Amber ever stayed home by herself, the phones went down that afternoon and I couldn't call her. She had instructions to call me at 10, 12:30 and 3. When she didn't call at 3, I tried her, no phones. So, I left work early to go home, just mildly freaked out because our phones die all the time. ALL the time, why do we even bother paying for it? Anyway, I am about 2 miles away after getting off of the interstate and I see this cloud of black smoke. I know it is in the vicinity of my house but I'm still about 2 miles away so not positive. Well, the closer I get, the closer it looks to my house. I get three streets away in our neighborhood and it just looks more and more like it IS my house. Well, fortunately it wasn't my house but I still get panicky just remembering that day! It was some craft store two streets over that was burning, it just happens to be at the same location on that street as my house is on our street.

• Waiting for the stork

OMG all aglow, I compleatly understand that one...not the first time we left her but early into letting her stay home for 20 minutes while I run an errand...I got caught in a terrible rainstorm...awful torrental downpour....no phone....a lot of winds...lightning...the works and I couldn't get home...20 minutes took more like 75 minutes,
    she was find, she thought it was fun, me I felt like the worlds worst mother on earth..

I'll say it again It's amazing kids make it through childhood.......It's more amazing their parents do.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Quick story to share......so Kyler got up extra early today and when I was in the shower he yelled "I woke up Shawn for you, but he's playing Gamecube"
    I'm thinking "that was sweet, but why is he playing GC??"

So I get out and check on Shawn and sure enough he's playing away.
    Me-shawn why are you playing GC get dressed!!
    S-Why is no school today
    Me-It is a school day, now turn it off time to get dressed
    S-But it's WEDNESDAY
    Me-exactly Wed. is a SCHOOL DAY
    S-But Ky said I was on "BACATION"
    Me-KYLERRRRRR
    Ky-evil giggle evil giggle

So that was my morning
    I have a similar story. I'm a firm believer in "Mental Health" days. So, when baby boy was little and I stayed home from work I would tell him I was taking a "Mental Health" day. He came home from school in 2nd grade in tears, someone had picked on him, everyone hated him, the drama was non-ending. We got calmed down and had a snuggly evening and all was good in the world. Dad went in to get him up for school the next day, he was greeted with a big sigh and then, "daaaad, I really need a mental health day". What could I do, we stayed home, this was my evil vice.

My scary story.
    My son was 4 and he went to day care half days while I was finishing college. I was home from classes and it was about an hour before I was supposed to pick him up and I receive a call from the daycare. My son is missing along with another boy, the police has been called and have been given my number to contace me. I'm pretty sure that I had a mini stroke in the few minutes that followed. Within 5 minutes, the police had called they had found the boys crossing a railroad track on a very busy street almost 2 miles from the daycare. When they brought him home and I calmed down enough to ask him what had happened, he said they were just coming home to play nintendo because the daycare lady told them they had to play outside and they were cold. Funny thing was, he was walking home in exactly the same direction as we drove home in the car. It was one of the scariest moments of my life.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL

My scary story.
    My son was 4 and he went to day care half days while I was finishing college. I was home from classes and it was about an hour before I was supposed to pick him up and I receive a call from the daycare. My son is missing along with another boy, the police has been called and have been given my number to contace me. I'm pretty sure that I had a mini stroke in the few minutes that followed. Within 5 minutes, the police had called they had found the boys crossing a railroad track on a very busy street almost 2 miles from the daycare. When they brought him home and I calmed down enough to ask him what had happened, he said they were just coming home to play nintendo because the daycare lady told them they had to play outside and they were cold. Funny thing was, he was walking home in exactly the same direction as we drove home in the car. It was one of the scariest moments of my life.
    That's too scary, MTNGIRL, thank God things turned out OK.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

In the entire span of my kids life to date, that was the scariest few minutes of my life. He's been hurt, had his high school and college hijinks, traveled to faraway places and none of them have compared with that.
    Needless to say, that was his last time at daycare.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

OMG Mtngirl!! I shuddered just reading that!!! So glad everything turned out okay though.

Here's a cute one for you(take the edge off of the scary ones)
    I was helping Shawn with his homework and he was writing sentences, he asked what the next word was, I said "DO" and he looked at me with his <well how do you spell that face>and I said "you know how to spell DO and he said "Um I'm not a genius you know"
    When we were done with homework Ky and I were going into the pool & I asked
    Shawn do you want to go swimming?
    S-No thank you
    Me-are you sure
    S-Yes AND I remembered to use manners

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • So fetch

Needless to say, that was his last time at daycare.
    That's why I'm prefectly happy being a one-income household until my daughter is in school and even then I'll make sure to have a job where I'm home when she's out of school (teacher). I could never put her in daycare due to stories just like yours.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Well sometimes they are an evil necessity. I was a young, non-married girl at the time, going to college and working. I was trying to not completely sponge on my family and handle things on my own.
    After this, I worked out a child care switch with another Mom around my schedule. I was much happier with that arrangement.
    I wish I could have been lucky enough to stay home while he was little, it just wasn't in the cards.

•   
    • So fetch

Well sometimes they are an evil necessity. I was a young, non-married girl at the time, going to college and working. I was trying to not completely sponge on my family and handle things on my own.
    After this, I worked out a child care switch with another Mom around my schedule. I was much happier with that arrangement.
    I wish I could have been lucky enough to stay home while he was little, it just wasn't in the cards.
    Oh I know some people don't have a choice. I'm lucky enough that my husband's income can support out little family at the moment. If it couldn't we're lucky enough to have my mother, even though I can't stand her, who could watch her during the day.

• most magical vaca ever

We are also a one-income household since I had my daughter. I worked full time after having my son for 3 years but then my mom who watched him for us went back to work and I was now prego with #2 so we decided to live a less material life and I'd stay home with the kids. I am so glad we did

I now watch my friends baby (16 mths) a few days a week so she can work. I'm glad to help out a friend in need.

I cannot wait to go back to work again but right now it's hard because we have ABSOLUTELY NO ONE who can help us out when my kids are out/off of school or on sick days.

I volunteer a lot of my time at the kids school and maybe one day it'll pay off with a part time paying position
    ~~~~~~

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I had to revive this thread to tell you about my girls on the way to daycare this morning. Now, it's less than a 5 minute ride.

Ashlyn, who will turn 3 on Nov 26th, noticed a part of her shoe peeling off. She says, "Mommy! My shoe is breaking, we have to go to the doctor to fix it!" I laughed at this enough, whatever gave her the idea that her doctor would fix her shoe?

But then, her older sister, Autumn, who will turn 7 this Saturday, piped up. She said this in her best I'm-older-and-much-wiser-than-you-so-listen-up-good voice, "Ashlyn. The doctor doesn't fix your shoes. You have to call a builder and they will come to your house and fix your shoes for you."

In and of itself, neither statement is hilarious, but spoken in such a serious manner from the young one and then such a know-it-all manner from the older one who was still incorrect just had me laughing so hard!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Yup that's Autumn!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567