Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Sunless Tanning Lotions

I need your help... I'm going on vacation in a few weeks and don't want to go looking like a ghost. I've done enough damage to my skin with getting tanned by the sun for years, so now I'm looking for a good sunless tanning lotion. I'm so white, it's blinding and I'm afraid some of the lotions on the market will make me either look like an orange or like I'm jaundiced, I just want that golden color...

So, any recommendations out there?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Sunless Tanning Lotions

Well you know I like Jergen's Natural Glow, but you have to use it for about a week to get some good color. I've read some great reviews about Neutrogena's gradual tanner.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Circle of Ancients

Have you thought about getting a spray tan? They look pretty good and they last about two weeks.

•   
    • Senior Minion

You know, I'm darker on my face and arms - but light everywhere else. I've used various sunless tanners, but besides trying to find one that works well ... is there actually one out there that doesn't leave me all stinky? Do you know what I mean? Some of those sunless tanners do leave a somewhat unpleasant odor on the body.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Jergens is great for light skinned people because it doesn't look too much. Spray tanning... I had a bad experience with that.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I've always wanted to try the spray on tans but then I just have to watch one episode of Dancing With the Stars to remind me why I shouldn't .

I'm like Liz in that I've got color on my face and arms but the rest of me is rather pale, so I like the L'Oreal sunless tanner. It goes on well because it absorbs right into your skin, smells ok (they all have some weird smell to them) and takes about 2-3 applications to work. It's not very expensive and I think you can get it at any drug store or Target.

• Circle of Ancients

Once you get the tan, the Estee Lauder bronzing powder is really nice for putting on top of it on your face , arms and decolletage.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I had a friend that just got a spray on tan for a wedding. She was giving me some tips about it.

First off she said go about 3 days before your 'big event' because they like you to leave the stuff on for 12 to 24 hours and the longer you leave it on the darker you will be.

After 24 hours she said she freaked because it looked like she had rolled in dirt but as soon as she took a shower the leftover color went down the drain in her shower and she said she had great tan that last for about two weeks. Lotion and moisturizer are your friends during the spray on tan.

I still have not found a home method that does not make me look like an orange, so I may try the spray on tan next time.

• Minion

Which ever way you go whether the lotion or the spray on, the most important thing is the prep to your skin first.
    Make sure you exfoliate really well, especially on your face and neck.
    I did not do this one time, and went all patchy.

For lotions, I agree that Jergens natural glow is really good, and does not leave you really stinky like some do.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Jergens now has an "express" version that gives you full color in 3 days. I've used the regular and liked it. I currently use the Vaseline Intensive Care version to help enhance my current tan that I started working on a couple weeks ago.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I fifth the Jergens Natural Glow!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I had a friend that just got a spray on tan for a wedding. She was giving me some tips about it.

First off she said go about 3 days before your 'big event' because they like you to leave the stuff on for 12 to 24 hours and the longer you leave it on the darker you will be.

After 24 hours she said she freaked because it looked like she had rolled in dirt but as soon as she took a shower the leftover color went down the drain in her shower and she said she had great tan that last for about two weeks. Lotion and moisturizer are your friends during the spray on tan.

What your friend told you is right on ! I've had only good experiences with the spray on tan. I'm trying a new place here in Santa Cruz soon but if it isn't as good as my usual place I go right before a trip where I need to be tan so I don't scare people with my pasty white body , then I'll make the hour trip to San Ramon because it'll be worth it.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I tried Jergens last year and it didn't come out a very good color on me (a little orangey). I read a couple of reviews and so far Neutrogena and Coppertone have gotten good reviews. I tried a tanner from Clarin a couple of days ago and after one coating, it turned out a good color (I had one hand darker than the other), but it's like $40 a bottle, so I'm rethinking that one.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Whatever product you decide to go with, be sure to put less on your face than the rest of you. Even though they do two coats of the spray tan everywhere if you want it, I only have them do one coat on my face or it comes out way too dark since my face already gets more sun than the rest of me anyways.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My problem is my face refuses to tan. It'll burn, sometimes peel and that's it. So I have to use foundation/bronzer so my face matches the rest of my tan. Thankfully Bare Minerals "tan" shade is a perfect match so I use that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast