Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Wedding "Fashion"

I posted this in my LiveJournal, but thought it'd make a fun thread:

I looked at a bridal magazine yesterday, and man, out of the "900 Fabulous Dresses!", I found one that I would even remotely consider wearing. The rest were just ugly. No, scratch that - they were fugly. What the heck are designers thinking nowadays?? At least it provided good laughter, and I nearly came off the couch from busting a gut over some of the so-called "styles". There were quite a few that would make even JLo blush (yeah, I wanna look like a Vegas street walker on my wedding day!), and some that were more ridiculous in appearance than they were in price. For example, for $9,500, I can have a dress that looks torn off one shoulder, with a "butt bow" covering the chest and a bare midriff, with layers of furry ruffles for a skirt, and a "bubble necklace" made from 3-inch diameter clear baubles, strung together like a lei. Or, for a mere $8,000, I can have a chicken ironed against my boobs, with some of the feathers trailing down the completely sheer skirt, and a few pieces of ribbon strung across my bare back. And they call those "Top Designs for this Season"! What "season" are they referring to then, because I can't think of any time of the year that calls for pressed poultry, silk fur, and glass baubles. Whatever the hell that holiday is, I'm glad I don't celebrate it.

So, if you've seen any "fashion" horrors, post 'em here!!!

• For old time sake

Re: Wedding "Fashion"

Dp first off I love the ticker!!!!!! So cute

second here is the link to that website I told you abotu last night. It is sooooooooo hilarious!!!! My wedding dress from my first wedding is there.

And the Bride Wore...
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• /sigh

Those are toooo funny!

And, Kat..which one was yours?!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Okay, most of those dresses were pretty bad! But I thought a few of them were pretty!

And I am DYING to know which one Kat wore!! Spill it girl!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• insufferable know-it-all

Kat: this HAS to be my favorite

You know that part where they say, "Speak now, or forever hold your peace"?

Although Mars Attacks was pretty funny too.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• For old time sake

This was my dress. no joke the train was 9 feet long!!!!!! What was I thinking?

Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Ahh- gotta love 80's wedding dresses!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• For old time sake

Oh DQ this was circa 1995/96
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

It still says 80's to me! But I have seen a LOT worse, trust me. I'm sure it looked beautiful on you. Although I would have fallen on my face if I had a train like that! I LOVE the dress you have picked put for next year!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I LOVE the dress you have picked put for next year!
    What dress? I haven't seen any dress!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• For old time sake

It looked froo froo on me. but yea i do see the 80's theme to it. My dress for next yr is really pretty but I won't post the pic here cause someone may take a peek sometime soon.
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

You could always send it out in PMs to us girls.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Gay Man

Yes, Katie. I think a PM is in order.

I need to scan my pics. The first one was all 80's with a supposed 1920's look. It just looks all 80's to me now.

The secone one was more to my liking- but we'll see how I feel in 20 years. I bought a simple 1930's-inspired ivory satin gown and had a simple bouquet of Calla Lillys. MUCH more my style - and it wasn't even designed to be a wedding dress! I think that's what did it for me.

I say forget "Wedding" dresses and go with what kind of dress you'd love to wear. Anything can be a wedding dress.

Oh, Wedding Dresses! From my experience it seems the heftier the pricetag the fuglier the dress was. Of course there were some doozies on the bargain racks, but the fugliest were definitely out of my price range.

I loved my wedding dress, so much so that I've thought of putting it on again recently, but it's hermetically sealed so I don't want to deal with it. But I do kind of regret spending so much on it. It wasn't outrageous as far as wedding dresses go, but when you think of a dress that you wear for less than 8 hours it kind of was. You will be the belle of the ball anyway, so it doesn't have to be the perfect dress. It just has to make you happy. You are going to be beaming and beautiful that day, that you could wear a paper sack and be ravishing.

I started out going to Mon Amie (which is a bridal salon in Costa Mesa on Bristol). I told the lady my budget and she only brought me dresses that were in my price range save for one because I had brought in an ad with the exact dress in it as an example. Luckily I didn't like it! Anyway, there were several I liked. Then I went to Davids Bridal and left immediately. It was a madhouse, and not what I wanted to deal with for my wedding. Then I went to Ginny's Bridal in Huntington Beach, which has a lot of dresses for decent prices and good service. But then I realized that I was still thinkng about one of the dresses at Mon Amie. I ended going back and picking the first dress I tried on because I loved it so much. Ah, memories!

Do you think you're going to go the bridal shop route or are you going to have yours made? Anyway, I know a lot about Orange County wedding vendors if you need any help. I also recommend lurking at The Knot.com. Yes, some of the girls are psycho, but you can get some good first hand reviews on vendors you're thinking of booking.

Good Luck!

ETA - I loved all my vendors, and I'd be glad to recommend them. My florist was kick *** for the price!
    Last edited by millionairegirl; 08-16-2005 at 04:09 PM.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I'm making the dress.

I'll be going to try some on in the next couple weeks though, so I know what kind of waistline, etc. looks right for me. And then, I'll piece together the design and start working.

I think I'll have to try on some fugly ones just for the photo ops though.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast