Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Bare Minerals question

So I am thinking of making the leap to Bare Minerals. I know lots of you love it, but I don't have a sephora to be able to check it out. I was looking at getting this:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...houldPaginate=

Is this a good deal? Has anyone ever gotten the starter kit before? My concern is over how much of the actual product is included. A weeks worth? Also, how long does a container of it last? What, besides the foundation, is worth having? My skin is very fair and my complexion is uneven, so foundation is very important. But if I am going to make such an investment, I want to be as informaed as possible.

So all you sephora fanatics, please share your knowledge with me!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Gay Man

Re: Bare Minerals question

Is there another store near enough to you where you could try out the product first?

I say this because I had trouble matching my skin tone without the coverage looking fake a cakey. Now, I am the only one that I know of that's had this problem. Everyone else seems to love it, but I am glad I did not buy without trying it first.

Check out the Bare Mineral web site for a nearby location and see if you can do a test run first.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

talk to where's barbie. she LOVES this stuff and can give you info on it
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I bought the starter kit last month and have PLENTY left. It lasts a long time because you use very little of the product. I love it. The brushes alone are worth the money- if you buy them separately I think they are more than the whole kit. It is fast and easy to apply and you don't have to worry about streaks or blending or anything.

I would try to find it in a store so you can get another opinion of which shade to purchase. I know another store that carries it is ULTA, which is like Sephora, only they carry "regular" brands, too. Great store, website of same name.
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I'm also anxious to try this out. Stinkerbell was raving about it in another thread. So, you experts, does it work on dark undereye circles? I also need some foundation or powder to even out my skin tone. BUt, I'm plagued with the horrible blue/purple circles. They make me look old, and ,no, I'm not that old.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

DQ- sounds like you need to make a trip up here quick so we can go to Sephora!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Man O Lantern

I love Bare Minerals. I have terrible skin and liquid foundation is something I HATE with a passion.

I recommend buying the kit. The brushes alone are worth it, if you decide it's not for. The brushes are excellent!! I use the smallest one for concealer (just using the minerals, no other product) and I use the stubbiest brush to apply the foundation.....it's an amazing brush. You wonder how on earth a brush and some powder can cover better than a liquid.....and then you do it and get good at it and you won't believe the difference. I couldn't go back to liquid, ever. I use the other brush for my blush (always Cargo.....I looooove Cargo brand blushes and lipglosses!).

I love the Smashbox primer (pg. 20 in the catalog), as it make my skin so smooth and fills in the pores before I do the minerals.....I found that I've used half as much foundation. It's amazing what a good combo that has been for me.

I can't recommend bare minerals enough. I wasn't impressed with the "try on" area that Sephora had for the products though. I don't see how you could try it on using a dirty brush (ick), and I don't see how they would work with different brushes. The products were featured prominently in the Hollywood and Highland store.....a whole wall dedicated to Bare Minerals.

Under eye circles....I've never had them, so I don't know!!! I've never had to put on foundation in that area, period. But I know the coverage you get from the minerals is pretty amazing!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Is this a good deal? Has anyone ever gotten the starter kit before?
    NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!

Do not order from a catolog the first time. You need to find a store near you and have them so you how it works. Or you can watch it on QVC when leslie is on and don't order just watch. When go to their store where you can try it all on. also when you buy there they have a stamp like program where you get $$$ off you next purchase. Which can be done over the phone. There is a store in Santa Monica area at the mall on PICO & OVERLAND. It's worth the drive for me.(45mins for me,)

Everything I have bought on-line or QVC has been an impulse I don't use.

About the product.... it is wonderful!!!! wouldn't use anything else. The dermatologist the show sent me to said it's the purest make-up for your face and that it doesn't harm it.
    Don't get it auto shipped since it last long. Becareful of where you aply it ?? I have dropped jars off uneven surfaces, you lose it + a B***H to clean up.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Man O Lantern

DQ~~If you don't have a store to buy them at (we don't have a single store in Oregon where I could go and try Bare Minerals), though, I'd go with the catalog and get the starter set. Watch the DVD and practice. It's not perfect right away, but like I said, I'll never use anything else ever again.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Yeah there is NOWHERE in south dakota where I can try it out- I looked. We don't have an Ulta anywhere. I would have to drive 4 hours to get to one (sorry Tink, not this weekend I have watched the infomercials a few times, but never knew anyone who used them. I would be ordering the kit from Sephora's website, not from QVC or anything like that.

I think you may have convinced me. I was thinking that the brushes included would be worth the price, so I guess if I don't like the product, I always have the brushes.

As for the color, I am about as pale as you can get without being a freakin' albino, so I am not so worried about matching the color, light or pale usually works for me. I'm gonna order it I think and I'll tell you what I think.

Thanks for all your input- if anyone else has something to add, I would really appreciate it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Traveler to the south

Down with Bare Minerals...just kidding! I work for The Body Shop and I have to stay true to my homies! We have a Bare Escentuals across the steet and I have to admit I've been curious but not enough...good luck to you!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

DQ - keep me posted on how this works for you. Montana here - so I'm a 5 hour drive to Spokane (which I'm not even sure has a store) so I'm outta luck also. I always use powder, so if the coverage is as good for me, I think this might be heaven!

Thumbs up Re: Bare Minerals question

I've used Bare Escentuals for about 3 years now and I love it! I won't use anything else. To help with any undereye circles or blemishes, Bisque by Bare Escentuals is the best! It covers anything, including any redness on your skin. The eye shadows and Mineral veil are great too. You just have to practice using everything at first, because it is in a powder form, but it is definitely worth trying if you haven't. Some Nordstrom stores are starting to carry it as well, but I started on QVC. Washington state has a new store opening in Bellevue sometime the end of this month!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

DQ - your ticker states you are coming this way??? If you have anytime I wouldn't mind meeting up with and taking you to the Santa Monica store if you can wait??
    Try QVC for specials on kits and/or go to Bare Escentuals website and ask for a catalog be sent you so you can see the colors a little better.
    The bisque is great, look at the different types. Depending on if your skin changes shades with the seasons (summer-tan, weather-pale). If you are going to the Sephora at ddd take someone or many with you. I helped PC make sure the items when cleaned off before she used them.
    I hope this helps!!!!
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

DQ the starter kit from Sephora is the BEST DEAL OUT THERE!!! You get two foundations with it so you can use either one or mix them for a great match up. Plus you get Mineral Veil which is absofreakin'lutely wonderful!!! The warmth, if you like it for the glow, will last forEVAH!! Because you only use a little bit of it. I got my kit wayyy back in March I think and I still have a TON of warmth left, and am on my second mineral veil and just got second foundation. It lasts alot longer than you think. And the brushes, like Stink said are fanfreakintastic!!

Also, I totally agree with Stink, I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer also with my minerals, not daily though. And it works wonders for my pores. It tried it previously with liquid and powder foundation and it did nothing.

As for undereye circles, WORKS WONDERS!! It covers my circles much better than the Nars liquid & powder that I used to use!

You should be okay with the pale shades and remember if you get it from Sephora and it doesn't work for you, you can return it with no problems. Sephora is GREAT with returns, whether by mail or at the stores. I had purchased a Murad skin care kit and it made me skin even oilyer(sp)after 2 weeks of use and I took it back no problem with my receipt. Sephora

OH and if you order from Sephora make sure and get the code from someone who has actually received their catalog for the larger size sample. Then you get that one plus the regular 3 samples! Samples are ALWAYS FUN!

Let us know what you decide

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast