Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Thumbs up Homemade Facial Products and Make-up

Ok, so I've finally come to the decision to make my own version of that "tingly pouty lip stuff" that's rather popular these days.

Ingredients:
    Jojoba oil (base)
    Ginger oil
    Cinnamon oil

I also might add some glycerin for thickness. I might even add a spot of Peppermint oil for an added "zing" during the holiday season. Candy cane kisses anyone?

I just haven't been able to justify spending $15 for a small tube of it, when I'm experienced enough in herbal lore to make it myself. And after locating the prices for the ingredients, it'll cost me about $10 to make a full 8 ounces of the stuff. MUCH cheaper.

For other money savers, I also learned a long time ago that many expensive clay masks are made from the exact same clay as kitty litter. A great face mask can be made from unscented plain scoopable litter, pulverized and blended with a bit of fruit essences and a light moisterizer. I've acutally tried this one myself, and it works great.

As for breasts - take an old bra, coat the sides with a blend of mashed overripe bananas and honey and wear overnight for soft skin and added "perkiness".

The last two "alternatives" were mentioned about 7 years ago on a TV special.

Anyone have any homemade tips to share?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I love the Candy Cane Kisses idea~ That's so cute. Those would make great gifts too! You are sooo damn creative!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for the stork

Added perkyness? Always a good thing, but it sounds a bit uncomfortable...have you tried that one yet?

as for the (unused)kitty litter face mask, I'll stick with my more expensive premade versions...I have a cat...that would just creap me out to much....

I like the lipgloss idea...may try that one.

--------------

my own personal favorites...
    -mayo as hair conditioner
    -I make my own bath soaks using an assortment of herbs (lavender, chamomille, rosemary, lemongrass, mint, etc...)
    try adding finely ground seasalt (exfoliates, detoxifies)
    I prefer making my own oatmeal bath (plain old oatmeal and a food processor, so much cheaper)

Want soft feet? plain old vaseline and comfy socks, rub feet w/ vasoline, put on socks, sleep, presto perfec feet in the morning...

I have a ton more but I can't think of them right now, I'll post more when I think of them...

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I love the Candy Cane Kisses idea~ That's so cute. Those would make great gifts too! You are sooo damn creative!!
    The only frightening part - I'm my own guinea pig, and I guess Ken will be also. The hard part will be figuring out the exact proportional balance of oils - it could end up a "hot time" on the ol' lips. But, they are all-natural and non-poisonous ingredients, so a bit of trial and error won't be be life-threatening, at least. I just might end up walking around with twin Goodyear blimps attached to my mouth. Heh.

I like your gift idea though. They do sell small roll-on and brush bottles at the supply shop...... print up a cute label and tie a ribbon on 'em, and voila!

Now, to come up with a zesty summer "flavor" too..... hmmmm. Sunkissed Citrus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Added perkyness? Always a good thing, but it sounds a bit uncomfortable...have you tried that one yet?
    Yes, and it's a bit sticky, but the result is quite nice.

as for the (unused)kitty litter face mask, I'll stick with my more expensive premade versions...I have a cat...that would just creap me out to much....
    Yeah, I know. I have three. I can just imagine what might happen if I laid down for a bit with the mask.

I like the lipgloss idea...may try that one.
    Go for it! Just be careful with the ginger and cinnamon in oil form - while non-toxic, they are also irritants. So, start off with a very sparing amount compared to the jojoba and glycerin, and then up it if needed.

-mayo as hair conditioner
    I LOVE this one. It has brought my hair back from the dead on many occasions.

Want soft feet? plain old vaseline and comfy socks, rub feet w/ vasoline, put on socks, sleep, presto perfec feet in the morning...
    Ooooh! Awesome idea! I'll have to try this.

• Waiting for the stork

thanks for the link. Great ideas...I do the conditioner instead of shaving cream, works beautifully, no razor burn..