Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Location Location Location!

Hey girls! (and guys)

Need some help on wedding ceremony/reception locations.

Ken and I are totally in love with Calamigos Ranch in Malibu - anyone know what that place costs? I'm sure it's astronomical, but I've got hopes........

Other than that, can anyone suggest an affordable place with an outdoor ceremony and indoor/outdoor reception? We love groves of trees, mountains, waterfalls, or ocean views.

Just keep in mind that churches aren't really an option since we're having a Pagan ceremony. (Although UU churches would work just fine.)

• Back home :-(

Re: Location Location Location!

I don't know what size of wedding you're having or how far you're willing to travel, but my sister got married in this really cute place in San Clemente on the beach. It's got a Spanish theme and enough room for 125 people (I think, it might just be around 100). She decorated with a Hawaiian/Spanish theme (hey, it worked!) and it was absolutely beautiful. When she got married in 1999, it was $1k for a Saturday night in April - but they let you bring in any caterer and I think even your own booze if you wanted (they had a friend bartending, so I don't know if maybe they "contracted" him out). If you want I can get the name and contact info...

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I'd love the contact info please!

We're planning on approximately 100 guests, give a take a few.

We'd like to keep it at $50 per head or less, including the site rental fees.

As for entertainment, cake, flowers, etc., that's not included in our site budget. (It's good to have friends..... )

• Original Mice-Chatter

Sounds wonderful- the weather in October should be perfect for this,

As for Calamigos Ranch, I believe it's fairly affordable (as far as weddings go of course) as I know a couple that got married there that paid for their own wedding. I'm sure they have minimums you have to meet, but if you get married on a Friday or Sunday they will be lower. That's the same for any location you check out.

Other places you should google and check out:

Descanso Gardens in La Canada near Pasadena
    Adamson House in Malibu (I believe that's the name)
    La Equestrian Center

Oh that place in San Clemente is called the San Clemente Bath House. It's very pretty. OOPs, guess my memory is faulty it's the Ole Hanson Beach Club. But I do remember that it was very pretty. But weather in October on the beach could be tricky.
    Last edited by millionairegirl; 08-22-2005 at 08:15 AM.

• insufferable know-it-all

Yes, my friend got married in Descanso gardens, she and her fiancee put on their own wedding too (even so far as putting up their own decorations at the ceremony site). It was quite nice.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Back home :-(

Ole Hanson Beach Club
    105 West Avenida Pico
    San Clemente, CA 92672-4981

Contact
    Laura Barnett
    (949) 361-8264 tel
    (949) 361-8280 fax

That's the information I could find online (my sister's at work, so I won't get a hold of her until later) but this is for sure the place.

Here's some pictures if you'd like a better look. We only used the upstairs and the caterer had then entire downstairs, so that worked well. Ole Hanson Beach Club

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Orcutt Ranch in West Hills. It is off Topanga Canyon. The grounds are beautiful. They have a beautiful location for an outdoor ceremony. There is room for either an indoor or an outdoor reception. The outdoor patio is great for dancing.

http://www.laparks.org/dos/specialfa...rcutt/main.htm

You would have to bring in your own catering, but the location is worth checking out.

Inn of the Seventh Ray is a beautiful location in Malibu.

http://www.innoftheseventhray.com/

I also found an interesting site that has a decent list of Southern California wedding locations:

http://www.weddinglocation.com/regio...gionType/state

Edited to add: One of my mom's co-workers' children got married at Calamigos in Malibu. She said that she though $50 per person was doable. She wanted me to pass on the following website for you:

http://www.herecomestheguide.com/

Something you need to think about in when looking at your per person budget are the fees a location will tack on for gratuity and tax. Tax is always on the fees plus gratuity. (And folks thought administration fees were bad).

I found a couple more locations while doing a google search:

http://www.middleranch.com (Lake View Terrace)

http://www.HotelHermosa.com
    Last edited by mamabot; 08-22-2005 at 08:18 AM.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by MegarooFifi
    I don't know what size of wedding you're having or how far you're willing to travel, but my sister got married in this really cute place in San Clemente on the beach. It's got a Spanish theme and enough room for 125 people (I think, it might just be around 100). She decorated with a Hawaiian/Spanish theme (hey, it worked!) and it was absolutely beautiful. When she got married in 1999, it was $1k for a Saturday night in April - but they let you bring in any caterer and I think even your own booze if you wanted (they had a friend bartending, so I don't know if maybe they "contracted" him out). If you want I can get the name and contact info...
    Cass Romatica! We looked at this place. It's very pretty and, as I remember expensive when you add all of the rentals and catering into it. But, my research was done a while ago.

• insufferable know-it-all

Your link to the Tam O'Shanter looked pretty awesome...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Looking at the figures and locations thrown out there , why not Disneyland resort? I just got the final budget and for 60 adults and 5 childrens dinners ( they have lower priced meus for kids) , the ceremony location, the rehersal dinner for 30 at the grand california 5th floor patio, mickey and minnie at the reception for 30 mins, the dinner is a buffett, reception from 1-5 pm, dressing room , hors D'oeuvers for 65, punch ( we are supplying the champagne and sparking cider for the toast ) corkage fee, wedding cake , grooms cake , vendor meals, harpist we are sitting about 14,000. Of course there is still our own provided Dj, flowers, favors, chair covers, table overlays, paper good and photographer... but at a much lower price than Disney charges for these items. After looking at all else avalible it never hurts to make an apt with Fairytale weddings and compare.

Disneyjunkie-Are you getting married on a Sunday or a Saturday? What are the minimums for each night?

I'm hoping my sister will want a Disney wedding when the time comes (it's getting closer!).

• For old time sake

DP, I will keep my eyes peeled for a location. I've been looking merely at places out here. Have you tried checking with Crystal Cove State Beach??? It's in Laguna and I am sure there is a reception place close by. Tivoli Terrace comes to mind, however I think they are just a tad above your per head price range. Hmmmm. I'll keep my eyes peeled
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Cass Romatica! We looked at this place. It's very pretty and, as I remember expensive when you add all of the rentals and catering into it. But, my research was done a while ago.
    Grumpy4's brother got married there, and it's really nice, up on the hill overlooking the beach. I've been to a few weddings there and it's neat because it has some history to it.

Also, my parents just went to a wedding in Newport Beach. The couple got married at the gazebo in Balboa, and then the reception was at the Tail of the Whale/Balboa Pavillion/whatever it is called now. So you could walk down the street to the reception while all the people honk at you! My mom said it was really nice- beach on one side, bayfront on the other.
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast