Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: what should the 2nd gate of hk disneyland resort be?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post

When it finally comes time to build that second park, I'm hoping we don't see another Studio theme park. Disney has two already, and kind of three if you include DCA's Hollywood Backlot. Also by the time the 2nd park does get considered Asia and that region will be full of other Studio parks, South Korea and Singapore are both going to be getting Universal Studios, and Japan already has one. What ever the next park is it should take advantage of its beautiful surroundings and fit them in with the theme. Personally I think a new version of Disney's Animal Kingdom would be well suited for a second park, and would compete well against Ocean Park.
    ummmm... Tower of Terror, Monsters Inc., Muppet Vision 3-D, Animation Building, Playhouse Disney does not make up a park. lol.

We can easily say that each land is a park, but it's not.

• Not here to help

The design of TDS is some of the best mankind created. Even if Hong Kong DisneySEA would only have a tiny bit of the good looks that park has it would still be a great place to visit. The surrounding is as made for a another SEApark. After taht they could make a waterpark... DisneyLagoon or something

DisneyAir... with all the pollution from China... and another Epcot... letīs hope not

What Disney Resort HK needs is more thrill rides! The only thing that HKDL park has going for it is sofar the look and atmosphere (wich I really like). HKDL needs a rollercoaster and some kind of Tower of Terror type of ride. A DisneySEA park would both add the Epcot type of elements and the more thrilling elements to the resort. By building another Epcot HK Disney Resort would be one big playground without anything that makes people go "wow" or "we gotta do that again".

By the way... Shanghai should also have a DisneySEA
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-16-2008 at 12:05 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    ummmm... Tower of Terror, Monsters Inc., Muppet Vision 3-D, Animation Building, Playhouse Disney does not make up a park. lol.

We can easily say that each land is a park, but it's not.
    It would if it was in Paris. The point is Disney would never build a Studio park in California because it already has the Hollywood Backlot at DCA.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    The design of TDS is some of the best mankind created.
    No ****, but it was OLC paying and not Disney. Besides there is already a park in nearby Macau that features a volcano and other elements from TDS, plus the venetian hotel... I think Disney need to be more original with HKDL and not recycle uniquely fabulous ideas from other Disney parks in Lantau.

• Not here to help

The vulcano in Macau has nothing against DisneySEAs. I stayed at the Venetian and the DisneySEA experience is much more real... even if it rains.
    If they made a HKDS they should make it unike. There are so many ideas never realized that could be used in a HKDS...
    as long as the donīt make another studio park or a epcot anything is good. With Shanghai Disneyland comming in a not to distant future and then perhaps even a Dubai park they will have to make something good. If they donīt have the funds they can use the view and placement of the resort to make an attraction that blows Ocean park and all it trapped animals back into the wild.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I dunno if American culture is catching on in an area like Hong Kong but the only concept for a second gate I see for HK that would allow for clones of classic rides from parks around the world is a theme park themed to American culture. Makes the most sense since there is no Frontierland. Think of something like Disney's America (the park they planned in Virginia back in the 90s). You can have lands themed to the American west or Colonial America and in the same place have a Hollywood land (this is inevitable people! how else will they ever get a Tower of Terror?!)

Though if it were up to me I think the land would be better suited for expansion of the Disneyland park. Unfortunatly the layout doesnt make expansion of the one park all that plausible...I think? I dunno. What do you think?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

i'd rather go with Hong Kong DisneySEA, but Disney's america is still a very acceptable idea.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    the only concept for a second gate I see for HK that would allow for clones of classic rides from parks around the world is a theme park themed to American culture.
    I was thinking of something similar to this, but wider in scope -
    Disney's THE AMERICAS Park.

The park would feature 5 lands (I haven't thought of names yet) based on New England, Hollywood, Canada, Mexico, and the Amazon.

New England (the park's entrance) would be similar in feel to American Waterfront at DisneySea, with a harbour/docks area, Broadway theatre, and (in the castle spot) a replica of Independence Hall in which a Hall of Presidents-American Adventure hybrid attraction would be found.

Hollywood would feature Tower of Terror and The Great Movie Ride. Think DCA's Hollywoodland post-enhancement.

Canada would contain two sub-lands. The first would be themed to the great outdoors with either a rapids ride (think Grizzly at DCA) or log flume as well as Soarin' (scenes from both continents would be included, but it could retain the Disneyland finale). The other would have a French theme - a French table service restaurant could be here.

Mexico would basically be the Mexican pavilion at Epcot, plus a rollercoaster attraction perhaps with an Indiana Jones tie-in (more elaborate than those at DisneySea and DLP though).

Finally, Amazon would take its cue from Animal Kingdom and feature live wildlife. There would be a boat ride themed to a journey up the Amazon river from which wildlife could be seen, as well as a walking trek. There could also be a children's area here with Bug's Land-style rides themed to animals.

There are a few problems with this idea though, the first being that Main Street is already in place at the Disneyland park which spills the Americas theme over, and also the Mexico and Amazon lands would need to be differentiated from Adventureland. Adventureland would need to be themed more closely to Africa than is the case in any of the other Magic Kingdom parks.

Thoughts?

• Not here to help

America is always included in Disneyland in someway. DisneySEA in Tokyo features different atmospheres from around the world. I really canīt see why the people of Hong Kong would want to visit a park about America when they can see the harbours of the world. I really wonder if Asians are as fascinated with America as the americans are. It would be more variation and open for more different types of rides including a Tower of terror and perhaps a Prince of Persia ride/show or something with a DisneySEA, a DisneySEA that is not just cheap copy of the one in Tokyo. If Hong Kong is unlucky they will make a studio park with boring design or a cheap epcot clone that bores people to sleep by showing them how the future looked in the 70īs. One thing that is sure is that area for the second park looks really stunning and they sould build a park that doesnīt hide the surroundings.

Do we even know if Disney will ever make a new park in HK? Perhaps the land will be filled out with a Six flags with rides that make people scream so loud that the Disney parade watchers wont hear the parade music. I am sure Universal would want to make a park in HK also... and they know how to make parks that have it all.
    Whatever happends I am sure it all will be messed up at first just to be corrected at last.

Letīs just hope for a unike chance to get entertained and not only old rides in new versions.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-22-2008 at 01:01 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    America is always included in Disneyland in someway. DisneySEA in Tokyo features different atmospheres from around the world. I really canīt see why the people of Hong Kong would want to visit a park about America when they can see the harbours of the world. I really wonder if Asians are as fascinated with America as the americans are. It would be more variation and open for more different types of rides including a Tower of terror and perhaps a Prince of Persia ride/show or something with a DisneySEA, a DisneySEA that is not just cheap copy of the one in Tokyo. If Hong Kong is unlucky they will make a studio park with boring design or a cheap epcot clone that bores people to sleep by showing them how the future looked in the 70īs. One thing that is sure is that area for the second park looks really stunning and they sould build a park that doesnīt hide the surroundings.

Do we even know if Disney will ever make a new park in HK? Perhaps the land will be filled out with a Six flags with rides that make people scream so loud that the Disney parade watchers wont hear the parade music. I am sure Universal would want to make a park in HK also... and they know how to make parks that have it all.
    Whatever happends I am sure it all will be messed up at first just to be corrected at last.

Letīs just hope for a unike chance to get entertained and not only old rides in new versions.
    Im an American who lives in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has lots of chinese people, loads of Britishers/Australians and many Indians. There are very few Americans. there are more Indians than Americans in HK. People in HK aren't at all fascinated by Americans and their culture. In my school, there is lots of anti-americanism. all people say is that "Americans are fat people". It gets so annoying at times. only a few days ago, there was protesting outside an American bank, people saying "American Bill-eaters!". I would suggest that keep aspects of America in the future hopefully 'Hong Kong DisneySEA' like in TDS. But don't bore people (not me) to death by explaining too much about American history, due to anti-americanism.

I laughed when I read your reply! Try being the only American working at the British Council!

I think all cities (Hong Kong isn't a country) has people who are xenophobic. Hong Kong isn't any different. Its unfortunate that the demonstrations make the news. And speaking of news..... Check out my next post.

Please don't build the Studio again! I think Disneysea will be popular for HK and China people. And we need detail theme park with many rare attraction, please don't make the CA problem again!

Forget the mainland Chinese. they almost 'demolish' HKDL

How about a Animal Kingdom clone then? it's green.

I don't think we want any clones from any existing parks. We want something new, maybe not the ride itself but the themeing has to be different.

I think something like DisneySky or DisneySpace will be interesting. Imagine going into DisneySky and you see Aladdin (on a magic carpet), Dumbo, Peter Pan...etc flying all over the place. (You can do this by putting some very well shaped balloons in the air.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast