Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

what should the 2nd gate of hk disneyland resort be?

Just wondering what should the 2nd gate be at the hong kong disneyland resort?

Re: what should the 2nd gate of hk disneyland resort be?

I think it should be a studio. And according to Apple daily, the Inspiration Lake may be rebuilt as a water park.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Is this not the same Apple Daily that claim a Haunted Mansion was in the process of being built, and would be ready by next year. Months later nothing has yet been confirmed and it appears the clearing of land in Adventureland was for the Haunted Maze attraction that is about to open for Halloween.

As for a second park, I think we have a long time before that one is even considered. Lets fix the first park first. Also I would like to see the Resort build up the surrounding area more, before adding a new park, more hotels and a shopping and dining complex would make a good start. Also leave Inspiration Lake alone!

When it finally comes time to build that second park, I'm hoping we don't see another Studio theme park. Disney has two already, and kind of three if you include DCA's Hollywood Backlot. Also by the time the 2nd park does get considered Asia and that region will be full of other Studio parks, South Korea and Singapore are both going to be getting Universal Studios, and Japan already has one. What ever the next park is it should take advantage of its beautiful surroundings and fit them in with the theme. Personally I think a new version of Disney's Animal Kingdom would be well suited for a second park, and would compete well against Ocean Park.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yeah, they's gotta git 'emselves a FIRST gate befer they starts dreamin' 'bout a SECOND one.

• Minion

The picture below is concept artwork released by Disney before construction of the first park began. A second gate is seen across the promenade...though very blurry. Also interesting, a blurry rendering of expansions to the first park, including Adventureland...which matches quite well with a blueprint posted here a few weeks back. Of course, plans have likely been modified since that time.

Off topic but...Apple Daily may have gotten the dates wrong but, they are not the only source claiming that Haunted Mansion is being built. And to my eyes, the construction in Adventureland looks to be more than just for a maze.

Down with the Hat

• Live from Progress City

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Yeah, they's gotta git 'emselves a FIRST gate befer they starts dreamin' 'bout a SECOND one.
    I agree 100% but recall hearing that there was a deal with the Hong Kong government that a second park had to be in the works by 2012 or Disney would lose the rights to use the land. I'm not sure if the park had to be built, under construction, or just planned.

Anyway, they have a LOT of work to do on HKDL, but I'm sure they're still working on ideas for the 2nd gate. I'll be interested to see what they came up with.

• i heart plunging v-necks

waterpark

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

They should concentrate on the first gate.

For second gate, I want to see something original. They have Disneyland, DisneySea, how about DisneyAir or DisneySpace? Everything that relates to flying or space travel. Airports, Spaceports, Space Stations, the era when air travel or space travel first started, magic carpet from Aladdin, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, A Bugs' Life, Wall-E, etc etc.

• Minion

^^ Don't you think Tomorrowland is already very Space-centric? I think DisneySea would be the best idea...the physical setting is perfect...the lands could easily be different from the ones in Tokyo (it could have a Chinese section, for example, etc etc). But of course if they skimped on the budget it would be difficult to achieve the same ambience as TDS.
    Down with the Hat

Another often expressed idea is Disney Villains.

It could be called the "Black Magic Kingdom".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Another often expressed idea is Disney Villains.

It could be called the "Black Magic Kingdom".
    It could be called "Dark Kingdom"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

If Disney has intentions to build a water-themed 2nd gate, I wouldn't go with DisneySea, maybe something more original like AquaDisney or DisneyAqua

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Off topic but...Apple Daily may have gotten the dates wrong but, they are not the only source claiming that Haunted Mansion is being built. And to my eyes, the construction in Adventureland looks to be more than just for a maze.
    Jim Hill also claim a Haunted Mansion was coming to Hong Kong and he's not exactly a reliable source of information. As I'm still awaiting that annoucement about Shanghai Disneyland which he claimed would be coming after the Olympics. There are a ton of news sources who like to think there have the inside scoop but only one or two of these sources actually ever get the information correct, and one of these sources has already recently gone on record to say both Disney and the Hong Kong Govement are still in talks for future expansion, and there is nothing new to report.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    ...there is nothing new to report.
    Just for fun...if you had to guess...are they digging under the railway and clearing the amount of land they have, for a seasonal maze, or something else like that? Or are they planning to build a proper "attraction"? My guess is the latter. A year or so from now, let's resurrect this thread and see what the verdict was
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    The picture below is concept artwork released by Disney before construction of the first park began. A second gate is seen across the promenade...though very blurry. Also interesting, a blurry rendering of expansions to the first park, including Adventureland...which matches quite well with a blueprint posted here a few weeks back. Of course, plans have likely been modified since that time.
    I'm not sure if that's a picture of a second gate, it looks like more of a hotel/shopping district

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast