Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: A Sparkling Christmas

But the structure is differnt for both HKDL and WDW. First most of WDW money comes from vacationers who are visiting outside of town, while the guest at HKDL are mainly day trippers. Apparently HKDL is supposed to have the second highest turnover rate for merchadise, next to Tokyo Disney Resort. So a big part of the money from HKDL comes from the sale of Mickey Mouse plushes and T shirts. So by starting Christmas earlier you have something that is going to draw people in and spend more money on merchadise which is a big cash flow for this little park. Also it really does not cost that much extra to stage the Christmas event, the parade is just the regular daytime parade anyway with some minor re theming, and all the decorations have already been paid for.

• Banned User

Well Malin, you make it sound so bad.. I went to the park today and am here to tell you I was quite impressed with the re-dressing of the regular parade for xmas.. It was by far more enjoyable than what I see at other parks. The decor was very nice and the new Royal Ball was a very well produced show that did not scream "cheap" to me. Certainly makes the castle show at the MK look like a horrible amateur production.
    So regardless of what you thing.. truth is HKDL is doing a very nice holiday event that surpasses what DLP and the MK are doing this year.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I did not intend to down play Hong Kong Disneyland's events in anyway. I would just like to see the park hold its Christmas Event for a longer period than a month. As your thoughts seem to indicate the event is a hit, so why not start it earlier like the other parks do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12