Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

A Sparkling Christmas

Hong Hong Disneyland has its Christmas site up and running A Sparkling Christmas

New to the event this year is Mickey's House from the Year of the Mouse Celebrations, which will be decorated for Christmas and guest will have a chance to have a photo taken with Mickey Mouse.

• HKDL fan

Re: A Sparkling Christmas

Another new attraction for Sparkling Christmas is the Royal Christmas Ball.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

And wath is the Royal Christmas Bal ?
    Disneyland Resort Paris x3
    counter - to much !

A new promotion clip is now showing on the Traditional Chinese version website.
    Sorry, this is only in Chinese
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...v=rnxE-TG_u1g&

• Banned User

I will be at HKDL in late november to cover the event for Micechat. Look for pics and event report late november.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_kslow View Post
    Another new attraction for Sparkling Christmas is the Royal Christmas Ball.
    This is just a show

• Banned User

Why does the park start its Christmas Event so late. Both DLRP and TDR will begin there events end of this Week, while Hong Kong Disneyland will not officially begin until the 28th of November. I just do not understand why a park that is strugling anyway with attendance would not wish to start its Christmas event a few weeks earlier. Seems like a wasted oportunity to me!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL Resort has poor mantinance and orginization on some issues, most notably the expansion of it's theme park. I think that the squabbling over the expansion between Walt Disney co and the HK government is really immature and useless. Who cares whoever is the major shareholder, just work hard to make HKDL bigger and better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    HKDL Resort has poor mantinance and orginization on some issues, most notably the expansion of it's theme park. I think that the squabbling over the expansion between Walt Disney co and the HK government is really immature and useless. Who cares whoever is the major shareholder, just work hard to make HKDL bigger and better.
    I agree with you on the stupidity of both Disney and HK Goverment, but it all boils down to MONEY!! Who is willing to put up the dough to see the park suceeds and it appears to me it is the goverment being more difficult that Disney. But I do not know as I am not knowledgeable about this enough.
    However.. you claim the resort has poor maintenance? Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I feel HKDL is quite well maintained, and excels in that department over the more established kingdoms in Paris and Orlando. Now, maybe you meant to say the resort receives poor "support" from both Disney and the HK Goverment... well that would make more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Why does the park start its Christmas Event so late. Both DLRP and TDR will begin there events end of this Week, while Hong Kong Disneyland will not officially begin until the 28th of November. I just do not understand why a park that is strugling anyway with attendance would not wish to start its Christmas event a few weeks earlier. Seems like a wasted oportunity to me!
    I think the reason is HKDL need to replace the Haunted Hotel to Mickey House for christmas season. So it need much more time for them to start the christmas event.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    However.. you claim the resort has poor maintenance? Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I feel HKDL is quite well maintained, and excels in that department over the more established kingdoms in Paris and Orlando. Now, maybe you meant to say the resort receives poor "support" from both Disney and the HK Goverment... well that would make more sense to me.
    Maybe i've written that line in a way which some would say that i'm basically sayin' HKDL is cheap, ugly, dirty etc..

I actually meant to say that it's been getting no support from Disney and HK government(which is the most selfish government i've ever been under). HK government is financing the 30 year old Ocean "Junk" Park. It has given it 1 billion HKD to expand finally after 30 years. Ocean Park is Huge compared to Hong Kong Disneyland Park. It needs no expansion.

Disney on the other hand has actually wasted it's time by squabbling with the HK Gov't over who's the major shareholder. Disney should atleast finance the park instead of just putting random expecations of how many people come. They've done it for 3 years, they've invested money into all the other Disney parks to expand big, Disney only focuses clarly on the Disney parks in the US and thats not fair. Also, the big mistake Disney made, was to go by Micheal Eisner's dumb idea of "smaller park, more success". They made Paris DL MASSIVE, Magic Kingdom HUGE, Disneyland BIG, Tokyo Disneyland GIGANTIC, Hong Kong DisneyLand TINY...

overall, the park is well monitored and thoroughly cleaned every day. The promenade is a waste, I love Tokyo Disneyland's idea of having the park right before the parking lot. I go to HKDL every week for a walk (and go to the rides), it's the best place in HK to get fine fresh air. But it's too small for a place that's so rich (HK) and always on the move. The park should really consider putting more high quality attractions per year, one ride a year is not enough.

Because HKDL is not profitable yet, neither side is willing to inject capital for expansion and there goes the bickering. You heard it earlier that any profits the park make will go to building more attractions. In the meantime its a long wait before the park becomes profitable.

• Banned User

I think the reason is HKDL need to replace the Haunted Hotel to Mickey House for christmas season. So it need much more time for them to start the christmas event.
    I don't really see this being a problem. If it takes time to change the Haunted Hotel into Mickey's House why not just open it up at a later date. If DLRP and TDR are able to start there Christmas events early, than Hong Kong Disneyland should be able to too.

Disney on the other hand has actually wasted it's time by squabbling with the HK Gov't over who's the major shareholder. Disney should atleast finance the park instead of just putting random expecations of how many people come.
    Completely agree, both sides have wasted huge amounts of time here arguing and having small talk instead of anyone stepping up and actually getting a deal done!

Because HKDL is not profitable yet, neither side is willing to inject capital for expansion and there goes the bickering. You heard it earlier that any profits the park make will go to building more attractions. In the meantime its a long wait before the park becomes profitable.
    The waiting game is something this park can not afford to do anymore. Action needs to be taken, and I wonder now that all loans have been transfered over to Disney if expansion can finally begin.

Thumbs up Re: A Sparkling Christmas

The English version of the short clip is now available
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=kd58UQlwM18

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The same reason WDW cut its Christmas festivities back from starting yesterday (or equivalent) in the past few years...Christmas costs money, and if you can do it for less time, it costs less money, especially when you are worried about people showing up in the first place.

This is why suddenly this year WDW's Christmas is starting the 28th, (minus the MVMCP), when last year only EPCOT's Holiday's Around the World and Peace on Earth started that late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast