Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Resort Size Of HKDL

I was looking through the paper today and I came across an article about Hong Kong Disney. It wasn't anything newm just about Disney adding cultural touches to the park. The thing that got me wondering was the size of the resort. It said that HKDL is 310 acres and the original Disneyland is 500. Why would Disney have so little land for this resort? Some people might say the reason is because it is built on the cheap but wouldn't Disney want more land to build more parks, hotels, and shops.

Also if anyone know what is the size of WDW, TDLR, and DLP.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Resort Size Of HKDL

Disney has so little land (at the moment) because it all had to be reclaimed. I'm sure TDR is larger, but probably not by too much more.
    WDW is 42 square miles.

• Disney Memory Maker

The Shenghai area is supposed to be much larger- about 500 hectares (or about 3 animal kingdoms)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Disney has so little land (at the moment) because it all had to be reclaimed. I'm sure TDR is larger, but probably not by too much more.
    WDW is 42 square miles.
    what exactly is reclaimed?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    what exactly is reclaimed?
    I think it's when they reclaim land from the ocean. Fill in what was ocean to make gorund that can be built on.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    I was looking through the paper today and I came across an article about Hong Kong Disney. It wasn't anything newm just about Disney adding cultural touches to the park. The thing that got me wondering was the size of the resort. It said that HKDL is 310 acres and the original Disneyland is 500. Why would Disney have so little land for this resort? Some people might say the reason is because it is built on the cheap but wouldn't Disney want more land to build more parks, hotels, and shops.

Also if anyone know what is the size of WDW, TDLR, and DLP.

They also don't need as much room for parking, plus they are currently working on reclaiming even more land. BTW the area for the actual DL park is bigger than the one in anaheim.

• Disney Memory Maker

Ok, I just found out exactly how big the resort is. According to this article, the park is 100 acres. The park + the 2 resorts total 298 acres. There is room to expand to nearly 500 acres.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Ok, I just found out exactly how big the resort is. According to this article, the park is 100 acres. The park + the 2 resorts total 298 acres. There is room to expand to nearly 500 acres.

-Michael
    the article is really interesting and talks about Sleeping Beauty's and Snow White's castle so which princess castle is the one at HKDL?

• Disney Memory Maker

Sleeping Beauty Castle

-Michael

i really wished they used a different castle for this park but it does look good infront of the mountains.

Guys - if you haven't already, you should read the article that was just released on Miceage http://miceage.com/guest/gu091205a.htm

It explains A LOT about the HKDL resort size, the challenges that were faced with reclaiming the majority of the land that the resort stands on & future expansion.

After reading this I have a lot more respect for the resort & now knowing the MAJORITY of the budget had to firstly be spent on Landfill etc.

I think HKDL has a big, bright future ahead of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    Guys - if you haven't already, you should read the article that was just released on Miceage http://miceage.com/guest/gu091205a.htm

It explains A LOT about the HKDL resort size, the challenges that were faced with reclaiming the majority of the land that the resort stands on & future expansion.

After reading this I have a lot more respect for the resort & now knowing the MAJORITY of the budget had to firstly be spent on Landfill etc.

Yeah i had no idea that they filled in the ocean. After reading that article the resort size made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D

I hope so ... but Disney could have put up more $$$ of its own. Maybe another $200 million or 300 ... just enough to actually have a decent roster of attractions to open with.

^ Agreed - I think even if they had Mansion, a version of Pirates and just one more Dark ride for Fantasyland or Tomorrowland, it would have been better.

I for one will not bother visiting until the place grows by at least a few more attractions!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    They also don't need as much room for parking, plus they are currently working on reclaiming even more land. BTW the area for the actual DL park is bigger than the one in anaheim.
    really?

how big is this area?

were did you read the comparison?

for some reason looking at HKDL from the air it's always seemed smaller to me

I'll try comparing space mountains again they're supposed to be pretty much the same size so the buildings should have a similar scale to them

it seems to me that at least the railroad system is smaller then the origionals

hugs the park way to tight in my opinion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast