Itinerary for HKDL

Itinerary for HKDL

Hello Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

We are going to Hong Kong Disneyland from the 3 to 7 of February 2009
    This is my plan for the trip any other suggestion are welcome.

3 Feb Arrive in Hong Kong late in the afternoon looking at taking a green or blue taxi to Hollywood Hotel and enjoy a nice meal at the hotel and get some rest.

4 Feb Shopping at Nathan road and having a look at some of the parks and Gardens any suggestion to which ones.

5 Feb going on 2 tours with splendid tours a day and evening tour.

6 Feb Disneyland

7 Feb Disneyland Taxi to the airport then home to Australia
    Should I book the taxi for the trip to the airport?

Thank you
    Disneyland Resort = Aug 2002 Done
    Disneyland Resort = May/June 2008 Done
    Hong Kong Disneyland = Feb 2009 Done
    Disneyland Resort = Jan/Feb 2010 27 th Wedding Anniversary Done
    Disneyland Resort = Nov/Dec 2010 Done

Hong Kong Disneyland = Sept 2011

Re: Itinerary for HKDL

Check the prices of the blue and green taxi's they aren't cheaper than the red ones (I don't think). Find someone who can give you the phone number of one of the discount taxi gangs. You'll get the fair at 20% less than the meter reads. Taxi drivers here are not happy about the price hikes that have just gone through! TDLFAN can help here, but isn't there a Disney bus at the airport? I'm not sure.

Hong kong Park is lovely for a few minutes. Kowloon Park (TST) has a nice aviary. Lots to see there. Take in temple street market at night just for the ability to say you did. The jade market in (Jordon?) is worth the trip but be careful. Mong Kok has a great ladies market (read fakes up the ying yang). If you have time, take a walk along the promenade in TST. the view is wonderful if it isn't full of pollution. CNY lights should still be up along Mody road as well as on the other side of the harbour and the waterfront is a great place to see them from.

Yes, the Hollywood Hotel arranged for bus transporation for us from the airport to Disney. It was convenient.

• Banned User

I know there was a free shuttle bus from the airport to HKDL, but it was in combination with a "Transit Passenger" deal, meaning .. folks who were transiting thru HK Intl Airport for the day and had time to stop by the park for a few hours. Not sure if this is something they still do. The bus only operated to the Transportation Center, and guests heading to the hotels would have to transfer to the resort shuttle to both hotel facilities.
    As for the taxis.. I forgot which one I used when I visited, but it was the one taxi line specific to Lantau Island transportation. Beware: we were also charged extra fees for having luggage to put in the trunk.

Try Disneyland Resort Line

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    Try Disneyland Resort Line
    Not an easy thing to do from the airport. Do-able, but it's much easier to take a taxi to get to HKDLR.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Not an easy thing to do from the airport. Do-able, but it's much easier to take a taxi to get to HKDLR.

Given that Taxis in Hong Kong are plentiful, if you need a direct route from the airport to the park take the taxi. There is only a free bus shuttle from the park to the 2 hotels but none going to the airport.

If you find taxis are expensive going to the park then take the public transit from airport: 1) catch a bus from Airport to Tung Chung MTR station, then take the Tung Chung line to the Disneyland park and remember to switch to the Disneyland Resort line at Sunny Bay which is the first stop 2) If you catch bus take the cheapest airport bus going to the city (buses heading to Tsuen Wan would be the cheapest) and get off the Tsing Ma (tollway) bridge bus stop and switch to the R8 to the Disneyland Park
    Last edited by mclubber; 12-31-2008 at 01:13 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Personally I would purchase an Octopus Card and take the MTR from the Airport over to Tsing Yi station and transfer over to the Tung Chung line heading towards Sunny Bay Station. Once arriving at Sunny Bay Station just transfer over to the Disneyland Resort Line. Journey time should take about 23 minutes, Once you arrive at the Resort just follow the signs to the busses that will take you to Hollywood Hotel. The MTR is the best transportation system I have personally ever traveled on, its also very cheap and easy to use.

As for your itinerary, it sounds good to me, except you may want to consider a day trip to Macau on the 4th instead of visiting the parks, which is 60 minutes by ferry from Hong Kong. And a day trip can also be booked though most tour company's.

I have read that it will cost between 105 to 120 HKD for a taxi from the airport to disneyland is this correct, which works out to about 22 to 25 AUD.
    And Thank you for your advice it makes working out travel so much easier.
    Disneyland Resort = Aug 2002 Done
    Disneyland Resort = May/June 2008 Done
    Hong Kong Disneyland = Feb 2009 Done
    Disneyland Resort = Jan/Feb 2010 27 th Wedding Anniversary Done
    Disneyland Resort = Nov/Dec 2010 Done

Hong Kong Disneyland = Sept 2011

Since you'll be at Nathan Road you should visit some museums. While the Space Museum and the Museum of Art are at the southern end of Nathan Road, I strongly recommend the Hong Kong Museum of History close to Nathan Road. I go there every time I visit HK. If you have kids they would also love the HK Science Museum just next to it.

If you are visiting the museums on Wednesday you are in luck because they have free admissions on Wednesdays!