Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• All you need is LOVE

Man sues Disneyland Hk all ready

Man sues Disneyland
    13/09/2005 11:52 - (SA)

Hong Kong - A day after opening its US$3.5bn theme park, Disney was on Tuesday already facing a lawsuit from a disgruntled visitor.

Hung Wah-fung, 45, says the queues were so long when he visited with his wife and two sons on a rehearsal day for the park on September 4 that he was unable to get on some of the rides.

He lodged a case with the city's Small Claims Tribunal on Monday and is seeking a full refund of his ticket and transport costs totalling HK$1 383.60.

A number of visitors complained of queues of more than two hours for some of the most popular rides during the September 4 rehearsal day when 30 000 people visited the 126-hectare park.

Disney acknowledged there were long queues and said it might lengthen opening hours at the park to ease the pressure on popular rides, like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Hung, a consumer rights activist, bought his tickets at a charity auction and wants any award by the Small Claims Tribunal to be donated to charity. The hearing is set for November 9. Hong Kong Disneyland was officially opened Monday in a glittering ceremony attended by China's Vice-President Zeng Qinghong and Disney Chief Executive Officer Michael Eisner. - Sapa-dpa

http://www.news24.com/News24/Enterta...769475,00.html

Found one more

Activist sues Disneyland
    From correspondents in Hong Kong
    13sep05

A BEAMING Mickey Mouse wasn't enough to please a Hong Kong consumer activist, who is suing Disney's new theme park for nearly $HK1400 ($234) for poor crowd management.

Hung Wah-Fung filed the case in a small claims court on the resort's opening day yesterday, a judiciary spokeswoman said.

Mr Hung bought four tickets for his family to the park last week on a charity day when a capacity crowd of nearly 30,000 squeezed into the 126ha resort, causing long queues at rides and filling restaurants and cafes.

Some also complained of waits of up to three hours for rides and meals.

"I was shocked by the poor crowd management of the park," Hung was quoted as saying by the South China Morning Post.

"Visitors had to spend hours in the rain queuing for rides and food. It seems that the park only wants to squeeze as many people in ... as possible in order to make money," Mr Hung, who has visited Disneylands in Paris and Tokyo, said.

"The Government has invested $20 billion in the park and every cent of it is earned by taxpayers through hard work.

"However, instead of hospitality, they were treated like guinea pigs. This is intolerable," he said.

Mr Hung is suing for breach of service and requested that his ticket costs and transport expenses be reimbursed and given to charity. The case will be heard on November 9.
    http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...5E1702,00.html
    Last edited by Crazy Legs; 09-13-2005 at 05:22 AM.

• Best Buds

Re: Man sues Disneyland Hk all ready

The trial will undoubtedly take longer than two hours, so what is being gained? Oh, wait, there's all that publicity for the man's consumer rights group. Silly me.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Minion

I was considering suing Disney for that one time I waited in line for the Rocket Rods, for at least two hours. Only for the ride to break down after moving three or so inches. Two hours I could never make up! Until they told me that this happened to everyone who was stupid enough to trust that the Rocket Rods would work. Oh well.

• Former Epcot CM

Well I wouldn't go as far as sueing, but it isn't a pleasant experience for anyone who has already visited DLRP and TDR to come to HKDLR opening day and see that mess.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Happy Memories

Well, i don't know exactly what a law suit for long lines is going to accomplish, but from what I've read Dsiney has brought this on themselves. As I understand it, they continued making the same mistake that has hurt them several times already by opening a partially completed park. Have they not learned from AK, DCA and the Studios park in Paris that you that partially completed parks with few attractions available to experience is going to cause problems. But at least with those other 3 parks they are connected to larger parks which can fill the rest of the guests day. With those, all we have to complain about is that no one goes to them because there isn't enough to do. Now we have a stand alone park in the country with the largest population on earth and there are only a small number of attractions available at this time. Of course every line, even for the lamest attraction, is going to be 10 miles long. The strategy doesn't work Disney, no matter how many times you try it.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

This is so funny. Hilarious actually. I can't wait for the lady who wanted a 2pm fastpass and got a 5pm one to join suit.
    A nothing like catching the market at the very beginning.

• Disney Memory Maker

These people are so petty. It is all a cry for attention. The line was to long.....Let me do my best John Stossle impression....Give Me A Break!

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

By bringing attention to the fact that the park doesn't have enough attractions for the large number of guests, this law suit might actually HELP the situation in the long run.

There is no question that this park was built with far too few attractions. This is the sort of negative publicity which forces Disney into action. They are already saying that they will extend the hours. The next step would be for them to announce new shows and attractions on the way.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Man O Lantern

I hope he wins, actually.

Petty, yes. But the park was not ready to be opened to that many people.

• Disney Memory Maker

But what law did Disney break that would warrent a loss? This reminds me of the people who sued McDonalds because they got fat (or the lady who spilt coffee on herself and sued the company because they didn't put a lid on it).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

I have seen some stunning pictures of the details. It's a beatiful park - HOWEVER the number of attractions is pathetic. The queues will undoubtably be long since there's so few rides. DCA, and Walt Disney Studios Paris taught these arogant execs nothing!!

The soonest some major rides could be on the way will take mininum 2 years - If not more. Can Disney risk 2 years with the current set-up?!

This is going to be so interesting how the lines play out over the next few weeks and few months - and the complaints.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    DCA, and Walt Disney Studios Paris taught these arogant execs nothing!!
    Yeah, but the Studios & DCA are empty parks, this is not. DCA is lucky if 15,000 visit on a summer day. HKDL is likely to achieve capacity (30,000) many days.

-Michael

i dunno... when i go to disneyland and it's busy I expect to wait more than an hour to ride an e-ticket ride, and others as well...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemgmve
    i dunno... when i go to disneyland and it's busy I expect to wait more than an hour to ride an e-ticket ride, and others as well...
    it depends on how busy it is. We went one year on 12/27...yeah I know now it's a busy day, but this was before I used the internet for this type of info...probably before boards existed for this type of info...anyway, we got there at opening left at closing and we only got on 4 rides. When we got food there was no where to eat it. people were sitting all over the ground and grass eating. It was terrible. This was also before we had AP's and we were pretty upset that we paid as a family over $100.00 to get in and basically could not do anything withour extreme frustration. However, we did not sue, but we did find out when it was best to go...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast