Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Very interesting HKDL ariel view

I think they should make that plot of land useful while we wait for plans to develop it. Right now we don't even have a commitment for the expanison of the first park yet...

For example, open air concerts or drive-in movies? At the very least they should plant some trees there and just make it a simple park that locals can enjoy.

• Tomorrow's Child

^Nice idea. For some reason I'm reminded of the X Games at DCA. Doesn't have to be that, but it could be along those lines.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    They have the chance to build a huge park with amazing views from the rides...
    It could be a DisneySEA better than the one in Tokyo...

but I惴 sure they will fill the space up with hotels and a downtown Disney area... and place the new park where some tiny patch of space is left.
    As for a DisneySea better than Tokyo... You are forgetting one huge, important thing: The Oriental Land Company. Without its budgets you won't see anything close in HKDL (unless Disney decides to splurge BIG TIME).

As for filling up the space with hotels and Downtown Disney, good. I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Banned User

What does it mean when ppl say the land is re claimed???

• Not here to help

It means they have stoolen parts that of the nature that were not intended to be used for mankinds simple pleasures.

...in this case it is a man made island where the ocean once was... where the pink dolphins used to live...

They hade the chance to show that Disney is better... but as it is now OLC beats everything... that is a shame, a dream lost... Walt must be spinning at this very moment.

I really must say that filling up the space with a downtown area insted of making one new huge park next to HKDL would be a very stupid move. Who on earth would like to go to a downtowndisney if there is nothing more than just restaurants and hotels???! What any resort needs and what anyone sane would prefer is another gate, a new park. Isn愒 that what liking disneyland is all about? the parks.
    Having a downtown could be a nice addition if it was made the disneyway... but most things are not made the disney way anymore, most things these days seme to be a an easy way to lure tourists to spend their hard earned cash and nothing else.
    Anyone who has been to the resort in Hong Kong can agree that the area around the park is very nice and has a special feeling to it. It would be a shame if they ruined it with planet hollywood and starbucks.
    But since they have messed up like never before when it comes to creating a new disney destination I am sure they will one day make the worst downtown area ever made... right where the dolphins used to swim.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 03-31-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Nutty about Disney parks

It's sad to know that a lot of that unused land is gonna stay unused for at least another decade.

What are those two baseball fields doing in that space in between the two hotels?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Super

That's where the negotiations take place... Disney just need to bring in some better baseball players really. Solve everything!

the Hong Kong resort is basically being planned to work like Paris and Anaheim.

Downtown Disney in between both parks and hotels at one side which will be the ocean side for Hong Kong.

Having the downtown Disney inbetween both parks would give people more activities iin the evening and owuld keep them on property longer.

According to the below article, the HK govt has read what I wrote and will lease the land out from next year for 5 years or so.

The HK govt understands that this plot of land will remain undeveloped for 5-6 years and will lease it out. Tenders will be invited. Probable use include Horse riding school, golf course, club house...etc. The development's design must be cohesive to the nearby Disneyland.

Disney said the land is owned by HK govt and they have no comments to make.

政府短期出租*}士尼二期地 - 新浪網 - 新聞

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12