Future Hong Kong visit

This past month i went to Japan for 10 days and had a wonderful and absolute blast visiting one of most beutiful countries. While staying with my friend over in Japan they told me to come back soon and stay longer. Now i am starting to save up for my grand vacation back to Asia in 2011. During this trip, i would spend a full two weeks in Japan and then other week somewhere else in Asia. I really would love to visit Hong Kong and Hong Kong Disneyland. I am asking from the people who have visited Hong Kong what other things that you might recommend doing and how long do you think a good trip to Hong Kong should last. I would also love to visit Taiwan. I am planning to go in the Spring time. Any advice?
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• The line's too long...

Re: Future Hong Kong visit

Go to Nathan Road, and walk around Chungking Mansion... better yet stay in one of the mini-hotels inside. You'll feel like you walked into a scene from Blade Runner. Ocean Park is worth a visit since you're probably a theme park fan. There's lot of shopping of course. Have tea in the Peninsula. Go to the top of Victoria. I think a few days in Hong Kong is enough.
    I lived in Taiwan for two years, and while I loved living there, I don't know if I can recommend it as a tourist trip as it is a bit out of the way and China is so much closer to HK with so much to do and see. The one huge highlight is the National Museum built into the side of a mountain. It houses some of the most amazing Chinese artifacts on the planet. It's a must-do if you're a Chinese art fan. Kenting is a nice resort in the south. The Penghu Islands are worth a trip for a little off-the-beaten path excursion. And Taroko Gorge in Hualien is kind of like the Grand Canyon on a smaller scale. There are some interesting temples around the island, but especially in Tainan. But China is close by and offers so much that I would skip Taiwan if you're short on time and money unless you have a reason you really want to go to Taiwan.

• Not here to help

Hong Kong is amazing.

The prices are low no matter what you do, the food is great and people are nice.
    Do all the things the tourists do, see the buddha, go to the peak and walk around it just as the sun sets, take a boat trip to lamma island and spend a day there in the sun. Spend a day or two in Shenzhen and before you leave Hong Kong... visit HKDL.

I have been in HK twice and will go there with some friends again in November. The first time I went there I didn´t bother to visit Disneyland. There just wasn´t anything that made me want to go there. Last year when we went to HK I spent like 6 hours in Disneyland. It was really enough to have seen and done what was worth a try.

This year when I go to HK it will be hard to convince my friends to spend a day at disney since they all know there is nothing but a space mountain and a jungle cruise in the park.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 01-28-2009 at 12:59 AM.

• Not here to help

Chungking mansion? haha that place is nasty