Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Grizzly Mine coaster and a new Frontierland coming to HKDL

Whatever they end up with, I am sure it won't be called "Grizzly Mine Show", since that name doesn't make any sense. All due respect to Alain, whose site (and book) are great!
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

I will believe any of this plans when I actually see Disney putting in an official announcement. In the meantime.. I don't believe any of this has merit. I think we'll see the Haunted Mansion before any prospects of Frontierland.

I do hope I eat my words though...

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Imagineers have plenty of ideas for this park, and thats how I currently view the Grizzly Mine Coaster as an idea. At the moment I am sure the likes of Bob Iger and John Lassaster are being sold many possible ideas and concepts, but it doesn't really mean anything will come from it. Its really the Imagineers way of trying to dust of some old concepts in a way hoping Management will go with the idea.

Also the idea of a coaster on that side of the park is not new either as a long rumoured edition of Raging Spirits was considered before construction had even finished on the park.

In my opinion the park already has a good coaster in Space Mountain how about turning your attention more towards a water rapid ride like Grizzly River Run.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Minion

I think they need to focus on Haunted Mansion and Pirates before anything else. No magic kingdom park these days can feel like a magic kingdom without those two, or equivalent. If they build the intricate Adventureland-themed Haunted Mansion and Pirates / Splash Mt hybrid we have been hearing rumoured about for a long time now, then HKDL will finally have the foundation for success it has been lacking. I'm all for another roller coaster or raft ride...but after those two are in place.
    Down with the Hat

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL is the only Disney Park in which one (who has visited TDL or other Disney parks) has an empty and a restrictive feeling for having fun. although its a beautifully designed and laid out park. it lacks some or most of the essential elements which are key to making a Disney Park a success. I think the media, when it says "HKDL is too small" means that it doesn't have a lot of attractions, but it still is a bit too small for a DISNEY park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This is not news but a rumor until given confirmation, but very interesting nonetheless.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I will believe any of this plans when I actually see Disney putting in an official announcement. In the meantime.. I don't believe any of this has merit. I think we'll see the Haunted Mansion before any prospects of Frontierland.

I do hope I eat my words though...
    Actually, plans for a revamped Frontierland were circulated backstage at Disneyland Resort Paris via the staff intranet as long ago as last summer - and it's interesting to note that the Grizzly Peak/Grizzly Mine name was attached to the project even then. No details of the ride itself were released though, as far as I'm aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

my personal opion is that to make hong kong disneyland a must see place is that everything added must be new unique never been seen before then people will go because it is a new experience that they cant get from the disney park nearest them. i would love to see that come maybe by 2011 when i go in a disney world tour!! i think that all the parks should try to do that no more clones!! if they are but a spin on it make it like mission space to pluto for DL's tomorrow land i think that making everything unique is the best way for the company to go,

most of the visitors or intended target for hong kong Disneyland have never been to another Disney park. therefore even clones are new to them.

the population near hong kong disneyland and the future Shanghai park is much greater than the population for the State side resorts.

I really doubt that the park needs all new attractions to suceed. All it needs is attractions to help make the park a full day park. right now the park is too small
    Last edited by Baloo; 02-09-2009 at 11:12 PM.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboii View Post
    my personal opion is that to make hong kong disneyland a must see place is that everything added must be new unique never been seen before then people will go because it is a new experience that they cant get from the disney park nearest them.
    I don't agree with that and I am sure one of the main reason's why locals and visitors all look down at this park is because its missing some many of the key Disney park attractions.

A quick question to locals and visitors. How many of you would love to see a new version of either Pirates or Haunted Mansion before something unique like Grizzly Mine Coaster?
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I don't agree with that and I am sure one of the main reason's why locals and visitors all look down at this park is because its missing some many of the key Disney park attractions.

A quick question to locals and visitors. How many of you would love to see a new version of either Pirates or Haunted Mansion before something unique like Grizzly Mine Coaster?
    Well the forumers here of course would like to see a Grizzly Mine Coaster because that is more unique than what they can ride elsewhere most of the time. I bet though most Chinese would like to see HM and POTC.
    Down with the Hat

• Current CM

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    most of the visitors or intended target for hong kong Disneyland have never been to another Disney park. therefore even clones are new to them.
    Actually most of the Hongkonger have been to TDL. Therefore both the unique ones and clones are needed to built.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Even though it is just a rumor, I really hope this is the real deal. Can't wait to hear if it is true!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Not here to help

since hkdl is tiny the best thing would be to make this park as unique as possible by building rides and lands that are only availible in that park and no other. that would justify its size... what the suits have made is a miniclone... a minime disneyland

Give me Peter Pan and Tinkerbell and I'll be happy
    Seriously though, any new attraction as long as it's a BIG one will do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast