Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Grizzly Mine coaster and a new Frontierland coming to HKDL

Quote Originally Posted by Katsmom View Post
    Give me Peter Pan and Tinkerbell and I'll be happy
    Seriously though, any new attraction as long as it's a BIG one will do.
    You are the bestest Katsmom in the entire universe that I know! Like you, any BIG ride will do.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    Actually most of the Hongkonger have been to TDL. Therefore both the unique ones and clones are needed to built.
    your talking about a small percentage of people that have visited TDL. You need to look at the whole picture which is the population of China. That is the inteded target for the Hong Kong and future Shanghai park.

ChinaPopulation: 1,330,044,544 (July 2008 est.)

United StatesPopulation: 303,824,640 (July 2008 est.)

If the United states is able to sustain two resorts.
    Hong Kong at the moment has over a billion people that it is trying to target.

These new parks are not built to canabalize the other resorts. Disney does not really care if people from the states visit the Hong Kong resort. Their main focus is that the 1billion plus people visit it.

The issue with cloning i think is between the two US resorts and the Paris resort. Those three resorts need to have their own identity so that people from Europe are still enticed to travel to the states for a Disney vacation

Its impossible that hong kong disneyland will get that. Because they are loosing money every year and their frontierland will be small because it will be another cost cutting budget.

The idea of the grizzly mine show, it will never builkt because of the small park size and the budget again.

• Senior Minion

Sounds interesting, I think if they do a Frontierland it should have a new mine train coaster. The Big Thunder concept has been done enough already.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Current CM

Quote Originally Posted by hkdl View Post
    Its impossible that hong kong disneyland will get that. Because they are loosing money every year and their frontierland will be small because it will be another cost cutting budget.
    Loosing money doesn't mean they don't have money...
    Don't you know they still have HK$ 5 billion left?

Disneyland Paris was loosing money for years and look at it now it has two gates. Hong Kong Disneyland's size has its advantages and disadvantages. It opened small and with a manageable investment which gives Disney the opportunity to invest on it and keep it growing. Money is not holding Disney back its the government that is holding them back right now.

The best way to help the park is to invest in it and Disney knows that

• Not here to help

big plans here bigger plans there... but hkdl remains tiiiny and... well not that happening
    what new ride will open this year? or next?
    noride
    imagine one billion persons... and oonly 15 millions have been to hkdl... that sucks

• Minion

Classification of this thread needs to be changed from "news" to "rumour". Mod?
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Clearly you know no Disney history and just the basics. Look at Disney's California Adventure, a major flop is now getting a $1.1 Billion makeover.

I dont know why hong kong governemnt doesnt have full support for hkdl. I think if this concept is approve, and this will be a unique attraction at hkdl. also it will draw many of people. it will show the hong kong government that disney can be trusted and disney is worth it. You can see that disney is trying their best to teach the hong kong people about disney.

i hope they will do this one after they build the new attractions that they plan for the expansion or i hope this one may include in the expansion plans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123