Thread: Crowds

Crowds

I am planning on visiting HKDL in early May. I will be going during the week, on a 'Regular Day'.

How crowded should I expect it to be that time of year? Is there any particular day that would be less crowded than others? (My options are Monday to Thursday).

Thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: Crowds

uh...if youve been to other Disney parks, you'll have no hassle with this one. trust me, im an annual passholder, i go there every week and have no problem with the crowds

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I've visited before during May and the park is nice and quiet with wait times all being 0-5 mins. Weather can be a bit humid but apart from that its a rather pleasent time to visit Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Not here to help

there are only 4 rides... how much time does a person need?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    there are only 4 rides... how much time does a person need?
    OK, let's be real here.. especially since I am very much against misleading would-be/first time visitors to this lovely little park.
    There may be only 4 rides that TimmyX3 would have been interested in riding, however.. in reality, there are 12 attractions that are considered "rides" (where you can get on and be spun, sailed, rocketted,etc, around). That, in addition of 5 "things to see/do" exhibits, 4 theater show/movie-style attractions, currently two different parades in the daytime, and one night time fireworks show which is quite nice. Not to mention some lovely places to eat and shop while enjoying the theming placed in those areas.
    So no, it's a bit unfair to say the park has only "4 rides".
    For the record, I did not include the City Hall, AP Processing, Leaky Tikis, UFO zone or the Castle itself in the above attraction count, and those items ARE passed up as attractions in the guidemap.
    Bottom line.. the value you receive at HKDL is based on how much you are willing to do. If only 4 rides is all that interests you, then you are screwed and will find the park overly priced. Furthermore.. you can go to DL in CA, and out of 40 attractions there, you might be interested in riding only 4 of them and skip the rest. So please, let's not make such generalizations without seeing all of the angles possible to explain this situation.
    I will say this much: the park could benefit from expansion for real, but the same things can still be said about DCA, WDSP and even DAK or the MK.

Hey Timmy, just one question... who is the lad in your avatar?
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-04-2009 at 09:26 PM.

ok now that make things clear up.. ^.^
    just do what you think...

• Not here to help

the lad is me

and to be honest. how many rides hkdl has does not matter since it isnt really a full day park. on special events it may be packed but a normal weekday about 5-6... perhaps max 7 hours is ok for a normal visitor.

• Banned User

The lad is you? Then you are a very handsome young man.

Anyways, regardless of the amount of things to do.. I do agree that the park takes much less time to see when the crowds are low. However, on those days, the park is not opened 9-10 like most other DL parks are. On slower days, you can take your time and enjoy the many attractions the park has to offer and be occupied a very good portion of the day, with enough time to relax, shop, eat, and enjoy the ambiance...and all of those things are still part of the magic that Disney parks striver to bring to guests. Otherwise, we'd be at 6-flags. Again, I do not disagree with you the park needs to expand, but as of now, on a 10-8 schedule, you can spend a good 8-9 hrs and enjoy the park to the fullest. I have.

• Not here to help

I know I tend to say bad things about hkdl. One good thing I can say... is that as long as the crowds are low it gives one the chance to absorb the park itself a bit more.

One thing I wonder is how hkdl will handle the crowds in the future as the park gets more rides and more visitors. Even if it gets expanded by 30% the park land itself will not feel that much bigger unless they fill up the empty space with RIDES and not just meet n greets, restaurants and play areas.