• SkiboDisney

Just booked New Years Eve 2009 At HKDL!

As luck would have it I'll be in Hong Kong from Dec 30th, 2009 through Jan 1st, 2010. We have a flight lay over from Veitnam. So a friend and myself will be staying at The Hollywood Hotel for 2 nights and going to HK Disneyland for New Years Eve. Just wanted to know who has been there and what it will be like on New Years Eve. Any recommendations for food, what to see, what to do. I'm very excited. Any info would be helpful since we have never been there. Thanks

• Banned User

Re: Just booked New Years Eve 2009 At HKDL!

Katsmom can tell you more about this since she has spent New year's eve at HKDL before, however, if I were there, I would rather enjoy the midnight countdown over Victoria harbour. The fireworks there are 100 times more spectacular than what HKDL has been doing it seems..

• Not here to help

as mentioned... donīt spend new years eve at disneyland!
    see the show they put on in the harbour from the kowloon side of hong kong

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

But Hong Kong Disneyland may be a chance in a lifetime to enjoy a New Years Eve inside a Disney park. Also staying at the Hollywood Hotel your likely to be quicker arriving back to the hotel, and keep in mind a lot of people will be out celebrating New Years Eve along the harbour. So its Fireworks, crowds and atsmophere vs Disney. I know which one I would choose.

• SkiboDisney

Yes, I plan on staying in the park to bring in the New Year! Who knows when I'll get back to Hong Kong Disney. I think I might upgrade us to the Disneyland Hotel. It looks awesome and we'll be spending 2 days there and not going into the city. I can't wait!

• Banned User

Skipping the city would be a sin. Hong Kong is one of the finest cities on Earth to visit and sightsee. While I understand you have a limited time scheduled, the honest truth is.. HKDL is such a small park that you really not need to dedicate it more than one full day to enjoy it and even repeat some rides as well, with still enough time to do some shopping and sample some of the food offerings.

One suggestion though.. if you do stay at the HKDL Hotel.. get a room with a view of the South China Sea, as opposed to a park view room.

• Not here to help

you donīt know what you are missing. I am die hard fan of disneyland in all shapes and sizes. I get tears in my eyes when I enter the parks and I feel a calm in my soul when I leave... but there is nothing in the world that would make me chose a newyears eve at HKDL instead of watching perhaps the coolest harbour in the world flash to music and fireworks.
    itīs your chioce and your mistake
    Iīm just trying to be friendly here and to give you a tip

• SkiboDisney

Thanks to everyone for the advice. This is great info. I think we will probably go to the Harbor to see the fire works. Can you see it from the Disney area or do you need to go into the city? Also, does anyone know what is the best way to get to Disney from the Airport? Thanks again to everyone for your advice. I really appriciate it

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

DS Mouse I have complete understanding with you on following the advice on here about visiting the city for New Years, but please make sure you also spend a bit of time inside the Hong Kong Disneyland its a great little park and not to be missed.

As for the best way of getting from Airport to Disney I would recomend either taxi or the Mass Transit Railway. With Taxi's avoid the red cars as it will cost more, and using the MTR take the Airport Express line over to Tsing Yi station. From here swap to the Tung Chung line and catch the train over to Sunny Bay Station. At Sunny Bay station just walk over to the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort line and it will take you to the park. From here just follow the bus signs to the hotels, it sounds complicated but its very easy to use and journey time is about 23 mins.

• Not here to help

you should absolutely take take time to check out hkdl and surroundings. itīs really nice and strangly peaceful around the park. something that does not feel like typical for hong kong

my advice is to be on the kowloon side of hong kong when watching the harbour. thats the view you get on all postcards.

if you have time donīt forget to see the view from the peak. itīs really nice to walk around on the paved trail around the peak just as the sun sets

hong kong is an amazing place. hope you will like it as much as I do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtxOYf8DNxA
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-04-2009 at 11:13 AM.