• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

New ticket pricing at HKDL

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort today announced a unified Park Admission Ticket pricing structure. Effective February 9, 2009, HKDL will standardize ticket prices so guests will pay the same ticket price every day.

The HKDL Source : HKDL streamlines ticket pricing

For Hong Kong residents, the special promotion initiatives include the following: - Local guests will continue to enjoy the present tiered structure for at least six months after the introduction of the new pricing regime; - A flat ticket price of $170 for senior citizens for all days, representing a cut of $30 on the price previously charged for Peak and Special Days tickets. - Prices for Annual Passes and the youth program will remain unchanged.

For overseas and mainland guests, the special promotion initiatives include the following: - “A Thousand Kisses from Hong Kong Disneyland” Coupon Book will be launched which offers premiums to guests booking through travel agents and is valued at more than HK$1,000.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: New ticket pricing at HKDL

why are they increasing the ticket prices? most people in my school don't go to this park mainly because the price isn't worth it.

I really don't see the changes in pricing that much. Working people have time to go out to the park during the weekends than the weekdays. But have they released the pricing of the yearly passes? My guess the increase price changes is the to fund the new attractions that's why its gone up.

The park didn't change the AP prices

I think for local residents, the main attraction is the AP, rather than randomly pick a date and go there. At least for me, if I don't have the AP, why spend such a price to go to HKDL for one visit (of course, accounting into its a revisit).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

my family bought the premium annual pass because of its benefits. Free Parking, 15% off on selected restaurants, 20% discount on Jewelry and most importantly 365 days to visit the park. this is why i go there every saturday, its worth it. its not as expensive as the other Disney Parks but hell yeah, it isn't big as the other Disney parks.

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    my family bought the premium annual pass because of its benefits. Free Parking, 15% off on selected restaurants, 20% discount on Jewelry and most importantly 365 days to visit the park. this is why i go there every saturday, its worth it. its not as expensive as the other Disney Parks but hell yeah, it isn't big as the other Disney parks.
    Agreed. The premium AP does give a lot of nifty benefits. Still nagging my parents to change it....(Especially considering the student pass discount)

Just want to add in some extra info that was reported in the news. If you are a Hong Kong resident, you can still pay the old price $295 til June 30 but you must show your Hong Kong ID card to get this price.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    why are they increasing the ticket prices?
    I would like to think they are using the extra money to subsidize (sp?) expansion plans.. Or else, they are pulling a "WDW" on their guests, meaning.. "raising prices for no apparent reason, and with nothing to add in the foreseeable future".