Australians in HKDL

Trip Report for Hong Kong Disneyland from an Australian view.

Arrived at Hong Kong International Airport from Australia Tuesday evening got a Transfer to Disneyland Hollywood Hotel with Vigor, it took about 20 minutes to get there check in was very quick our bags were sent to our room very friendly and fast service and an upgrade to a park view room.

We then spent the next two days taking in the sights going on a tour of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, Temple Street Markets, The Peak, Avenue of Stars and the Light Show, the train system was easy to use, then our last two days in Disneyland.

We were in Disneyland Friday the 6th and Saturday the 7th

Upon arriving at HKDL by the shuttle bus from the Hotel a short walk up the promenade to you come to the big sign with Mickey Mouse welcoming you to HKDL also in front of you is Mickey Mouse on a surfboard riding a whale in the distance.

Does HKDL have the Disney feel well in a way yes to give the more of a Disney feel I think a partner statue would look nice.

I understand that some people do complain about the park but we are in Hong Kong and not the USA or Japan or France really we should not compare parks take HKDL for what it has, Looking at the park it is very clean the entire CM staff is very friendly and smiling, there is a nice atmosphere and the landscaping is amazing.

Our only complaint is how rude a few people were, when it did happen the CM were quick in pointing out to them these customers are next or excuse me I am serving these customers now please wait. To us it looked they were going to miss out, but we knew what to expect because we see same thing happens to them when they are in Australia.

The shows The Golden Mickey and Loin King are very good a suggestion here is let every body go in wait at the back of the line it does get a bit pushy. First thing in the mornings we went to the back of the park and rode it is a small world and over to autopia, and within the two days we manage to see every show, shop and rides The food is very nice ok price but Coke is too expensive.

All it all we really did enjoy ourselves and had a magical time especially the Lucky Trails and Chinese New Year before I forget the castle is small I think if it was bigger it would look out of place with the mountains behind it.

Thanks
    Disneyland Resort = Aug 2002 Done
    Disneyland Resort = May/June 2008 Done
    Hong Kong Disneyland = Feb 2009 Done
    Disneyland Resort = Jan/Feb 2010 27 th Wedding Anniversary Done
    Disneyland Resort = Nov/Dec 2010 Done

Hong Kong Disneyland = Sept 2011

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: Australians in HKDL

Very Good TR, it sounds like customer service was great!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Very interesting thoughts which I agree mostly with. The CastMembers here are all great and provide a customer service that we no longer get at the other Resorts, excluding the often similar experience the Cast in Tokyo offer. As for rudeness from the Guest that is down to Mainland China and its isolation from the rest of the World.

Wink Re: Australians in HKDL

Quote Originally Posted by dazwin View Post
    The shows The Golden Mickey and Loin King are very good
    Now THAT sounds exciting.

• Banned User

Nice trip report. I share many of your thoughts on the park as well... the mainlanders can be pretty rude over there and the CMs are very friendly and helpful for the most part.

I went to HKDL today and have to admit that I noticed a lot of australian guests roaming the park. I am glad they are coming as this is the closest DL to Australia there is, and HKDL can use the business for sure.

• Super

It's strange though, I would think that most Australians wouldn't even know about HKDL... even though it's a relatively inexpensive trip to get there. It might just be me but I never really notice any promotion for the park at all.

Yes, I've heard from my friends in Hong Kong that the rude guests are usually mainlanders.

• Hola Yola!

Quote Originally Posted by mister_peterman View Post
    It's strange though, I would think that most Australians wouldn't even know about HKDL... even though it's a relatively inexpensive trip to get there. It might just be me but I never really notice any promotion for the park at all.
    I have seen some promotion for the park at travel agents, but even there I think you see far more packages for Disneyland in Anaheim being promoted. Donīt think Iīve seen any ads for HKDL on tv, but you do get the odd Disneyland promotion advertised and there were a few Disneyland billboards around during the 50th.

I think it probably comes down to the fact that HKDL still isnīt really a bit enough resort to promote as a destination in its own right. It also makes less sense for people taking a Hong Kong vacation to base themselves in Disneyland than it does for those visiting Los Angeles. Of course, the deteriorating exchange rate may push more people to Hong Kong!