Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• HKDL fan

What should HKDL include in the expansion

I have an idea of HKDL adding Tower of Terror in its coming phase of expansion.

What other attractions that you all think HKDL should include in the expansion plan?
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: What should HKDL include in the expansion

The park could use an outdoor coaster on the order of California Screaming or Raging Spirits. A Rock 'N Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest would also be cool. A "trackless" dark ride and a "dry for wet" dark ride would be a big draw for families. While were at it, why not a PeopleMover type of a ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Not here to help

HKDL needs a coaster... anything but Raging Spirits! Expedition Everest or a Grizzly Mountain coaster would give much needed life to the park.
    Hong Kong is warm... the park needs a river ride that make guests a bit splashed.
    Anything big and thrilling is what this Disneyland is in desperate need of.
    Indiana Jones And The Lost Expadition would be awesome to see and Geyser Mountain to top it off!

...but that is not what is going to be. Iīm sure they will fill the rest of the park with boring rides that we have seen a million times in all other parks. Itīs Disneyīs loss...
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-18-2009 at 04:11 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

An original "Grizzly Mountain" is the original coaster idea that would help to make the park an international favorite. Geyser Mountain is such a wonderously beautiful concept. Prior to the geyser element, imagine all the traveling you could do on rafts through highly themed scenery and caves.

• Not here to help

Geyser Mountain, a wild and spalshing river and Grizzly Mountain... it would make a fantastic new land for HKDL. They could throw in some exploration trails that lead to a campsite styled restaurant to make it more wilderness like

...instead of adding many small lands with lame attractions
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-18-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    but that is not what is going to be. Iīm sure they will fill the rest of the park with boring rides that we have seen a million times in all other parks. Itīs Disneyīs loss...
    you know the plans? what is meant by 'boring rides'? snow white ride, pinocchio ride, mr toad ride, PPF? They are NEEDED since a disneyland should have them

• The line's too long...

The park needs so much that the attractions are too numerous to name...

• Minion

If I was the HKDL czar ( ) this is what I would do:

For adventureland, Haunted Mansion and Pirates. The latter would have a Splash Mountain-ish climactic drop.

For the remainder of the expansion pad, a land themed to old China, with a Mulan ride (either omnimover or non-thrill flume) and an Expedition Everest equivalent. EE itself would pose two problems - 1) the touchy issue of Tibet and 2) having a snow-capped peak that is lower than the natural hills around it. A solution would be a similar ride featuring the Ye Ren - China's equivalent of the bigfoot - which is supposed to live in the beautiful area of Shennongjia in Hubei province. A third possible ride for this area could be "Fireworks Factory" - a ride that was designed in the 1970s for the Chinatown section of Tony Baxter's Discovery Bay concept - where guests shoot off fireworks by targeting them as they move through the factory...only now the ride could easily employ the technology from Toy Story Midway Mania.

For Fantasyland, a Little Mermaid ride - not the one at DCA, but the concept that appeared in the recent DVD release, using the suspended "Peter Pan" vehicles. The only contraindication to this ride would be if Disney decides that the resort's second gate will be a DisneySea-style park, in which case the Mermaid ride would be better suited there. If not the Little Mermaid, then of course there are quite few other fairy tales to choose from, perhaps even from the films that will be released in the next few years.

Tomorrowland could have a couple of old staples - an updated version of Star Tours and / or Soarin. Another possiblity would be to build the Incredibles ride, using the Kuka robotic arm technology, that was being rumored before Universal secured exclusive rights to the Kuka tech in the States. As far as I recall, Universal's deal with Kuka is only for the States, so Disney could build the ride in HK, then port it to the States after Universal's deal expires.

I think this plan of action is a rational one allowing for both the classics (important for the good majority of visitors who haven't been to another Disney resort) and has unique elements (appealing to Disney globe trotters and deferring to local culture) still leaving rides using Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones, and Test Track technologies for the second gate, whatever that may be.
    Last edited by tasman; 02-18-2009 at 07:17 AM.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

I think HKDL should have included everything that DLP had n opening day. Those are the basics components of any DL park.. (of course DLP did not have Space Mt. but was added as well)
    However, for the short term.. I just have one request for HKDL: MSEP.

• Not here to help

there is so much great that could be put into this growing place. it could be the greatest tourist destination in asia. if only made the way that walt disney would have made it.
    but first... HKDL needs thrills. there should be something for all types of visitors. DON`T MENTION SIX FLAGS! ...Iīm talking about Disneythrills... mountains and excitment. pirates and haunted houses could be made in many different ways that surprice the visitors. but disney tend to make the same rides again and again... yea they change them a bit... itīs not enough. every disneyland should be unique in more ways than they are at the moment.
    letīs not forget that mr toad has been dead for many many years. making him appear in a ride is just crazy after 50 years? disney has many new movies they should put focus on. people under 25 do not know who mr toad was/is or whatever.

we know it, disney knows it... and everybody that has ever herd about HKDL knows it... It needs rides and something more than just for the youngest

a haunted mansion and some pirates singing songs wont do the trick, not if there will be a bigger and better disneyland in shanghai. I have my hopes up on that park. much have happened in the entertaiment world... but you sure canīt tell when viseting all the disneylands over the world

I remember one day when I read reviews made by swedes that had been in HKDL... they sure did not like much about the place. "space mountain is good for being a small sized childrens coaster" and so on...
    when I went and saw... I knew the reviwers were telling the truth. crappy old liseberg is better than disneyland in hong kong. that is sad. liseberg is a themepark... with out the theme...

people will choose the park that gets known for being unique and has the best rides. HKDL is not it

imagine a themepark without thrill rides!
    and no... space mountain is a thrill ride not thrill rides

IF I return to HKDL... it will be for the popcorn
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-18-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Geyser Mountain is such a wonderously beautiful concept. Prior to the geyser element, imagine all the traveling you could do on rafts through highly themed scenery and caves.

I haven't read the whole thread but wasn't Geyser mountain a new theme that was once proposed that would have used similiar attraction element as TOT.

If i remember correctly, the attraction would have guests ride a vehicle thru some caverns and at one point hit an underground cave which would erupt throwing the vehicle up and out of the top of the mountain.

The effect was suppose to make it look like there was a vehicle being pushed up by a huge geyser of water. The elevator framed themed to look like an old wooden oil tower built on the mountain.

or am i getting them confused?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread but wasn't Geyser mountain a new theme that was once proposed that would have used similiar attraction element as TOT.

If i remember correctly, the attraction would have guests ride a vehicle thru some caverns and at one point hit an underground cave which would erupt throwing the vehicle up and out of the top of the mountain.

The effect was suppose to make it look like there was a vehicle being pushed up by a huge geyser of water. The elevator framed themed to look like an old wooden oil tower built on the mountain.

Yup Geyser Mountain was supposed to have used ride vehicles, not rafts. The vehicle would travel through various caverns before getting stuck on a bridge over the geyser. The geyser would erupt, propelling the vehicle up and down on its steam, and eventually out of the mountain. This would be a very interesting variation on the Tower of Terror technology. Jim Hill had a good description of this ride in one of his older posts.
    Down with the Hat

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Took me a while to get back to theis thred. but ..YES ..you naild it Baloo. Riders were to appear as though they are traveling up atop a geyser ..then riding it until it goes back down. I'm sure it would feel like you were riding a geyser, too!

• All-American

But I heard that the Chinese guests actually PREFER tamer rides... I heard that they don't like thrill rides and prefer Dumbo and etc., that's why they got Small World first. But I just heard that somewhere else and may be an overgeneralization.

Also, I think Busch Gardens Tampa may have stolen that Geyser Mountain idea for their new Jungala addition... at least that what it looks like exactly from the brochures.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    But I heard that the Chinese guests actually PREFER tamer rides... I heard that they don't like thrill rides and prefer Dumbo and etc., that's why they got Small World first. But I just heard that somewhere else and may be an overgeneralization.

Also, I think Busch Gardens Tampa may have stolen that Geyser Mountain idea for their new Jungala addition... at least that what it looks like exactly from the brochures.
    But the Hongkonger prefer thrilling rides! That's why most of the locals choose Ocean Park because Ocean Park offers more thrilling rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast