Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

3 new lands confirmed!!!

Hi all! this morning, while skimming through the SCMP local HK newspaper I came across a Headline titled "3 new lands planned for Disneyland expansion".

It started off like this: "The government and The Walt Disney Company appear to have agreed to include "new lands" and rides based on wilderness, Arctic and adventure themes as part of a planned HKDL expansion" There is way more after that. For those of you in HK... read the article!

Isn't this good news!

Just to provide you with evidence and to prove this is no april fool's joke here is a link to the SCMP article:

Hong Kong News Headlines | Hong Kong's premier newspaper online | SCMP.com

Re: 3 new lands confirmed!!!

Too bad I forgot to take the post at school today...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

There was also info about what the three new lands would be:

- land 1:
    -New roller coaster "would pass through mine shafts, tunnels and a wilderness area complete with audio-animatronic animals and audio effects"

- Land 2:
    - The Arctic environment "would allow visitors to enjoy real snow slopes in enclosed, temperature-controlled areas. A train ride is also planned."

- Land 3:
    - Would be based on an "unexpected theme. Inspired by the adventures of early explorers, the area will see visitors transported on computer-controlled rides. The different environments would incorporate supernatural elements and animatronic figures."

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    There was also info about what the three new lands would be:

- land 1:
    -New roller coaster "would pass through mine shafts, tunnels and a wilderness area complete with audio-animatronic animals and audio effects"

- Land 2:
    - The Arctic environment "would allow visitors to enjoy real snow slopes in enclosed, temperature-controlled areas. A train ride is also planned."

- Land 3:
    - Would be based on an "unexpected theme. Inspired by the adventures of early explorers, the area will see visitors transported on computer-controlled rides. The different environments would incorporate supernatural elements and animatronic figures."
    Areas 1 and 2 sounds like a new version of BTMR and the third attraction mentioned definitely alludes to the Haunted Mansion.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Minion

Even though I love hearing about future plans...

Consider me a skeptic on this one.

Just a few days ago we did hear real "official" news...which was that all future plans for HKDL are suspended, for now.

Of the concepts...the arctic one...what's that?...a Disney version of Ski-Dubai?...sounds very iffy.

The first concept sounds rather like the Grizzyly coaster Alain Littaye wrote about some months ago on Disneyandmore.

All sounds dubious to me. But am happy to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by tasman; 04-02-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Down with the Hat

• De la Terre la Luke

It all sounds very exciting, I'd be thrilled for HKDL if an official announcement was made about this expansion. A Haunted Mansion located in Adventureland could be very interesting...

• Super

If this is true it's great that it sounds like they are doing something different to what other parks offer... and maybe even taking into account a lot of things that suit the area better... instead of just plonking in lands cut from other parks.

Interesting... The arctic thing is a bit strange - I want more info!

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlfan View Post
    Inspired by the adventures of early explorers, the area will see visitors transported on computer-controlled rides. The different environments would incorporate supernatural elements and animatronic figures."
    HKDL Haunted Mansion has been rumored to be both based on the Great White Hunter "explorers" of Africa and to feature Hunny Hunt technology - this might be what the computer-controlled ride - translates to. Very exciting if so.

not sure if that informations is true or not but the overall direction of those lands sound very similiar to what i had been told once by a WDI.

Supposedly the reason they had left Adventureland so big and next to the vacant expansion land was because they were going to sub divide adventureland into diferent lands that took people all over the world. The sub lands would showcase the diferent regions of earth.

The first land sounds like a land that would showcase HKD version of big thunder mountain. The second land sounds like it would be a more interactive version of expedition everest with a calm train ride instead of a coaster.

The last land would integrate a version of haunted mansion and pirates.

Hopefully this is true and that both Disney and the government are getting closure to an agreement

Are you sure? Because there is no official announcement by Disney and the government yet throughout the web.

But luckily, I am looking FORWARD with this one. And I am into that ARTIC theme land? It sounds strange but definitely interesting.

I hope they will start constructing that confirmed 3 lands as soon as possible so during the 5th anniversary of hong kong disneylnd they will celebrate something.

I hope if this one is confirmed by Disney,,,,..... I hoped when it opens,.. Hmmmm.... Visitors will rise up and met there attendance figure of 5.6 million visitor, so the government will reaalize that they should action more early and see the rsult.

aheheheh.

I will really look FORWARD into this one.

• Banned User

From just guessing, I wouldn't be suprised if Disney does some kind of trick to make the mountain big enough for a mine coaster and on the inside their would be a climate controlled area for the Artic land with artificial snow and maybe a sled course and the little train ride.
    Last edited by Ice101; 04-02-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    From just guessing, I wouldn't be suprised if Disney does some kind of trick to make the mountain big enough for a mine coaster and on the inside their would be a climate controlled area for the Artic land with artificial snow and maybe a sled course and the little train ride.
    That would be so cool

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    Interesting... The arctic thing is a bit strange - I want more info!
    This sounds suspiciously similar to the Everest ride and new artic area being added to Ocean Park in the next few years of their already announced expansion... but of course Jesus, let me be wrong and all this hooppla to actaully be true.
    Then again, the skeptic on my says... "I will believe when I see the ground broken for it" and the coming soon sign on the construction wall. And even then...

• HKDL fan

Is anyone here subscribed to SCMP.com? Can you please upload the full article for us to read.TQ.
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast