Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• or CBF

Midway Mania for HKDL

According to Honor Hunter at Blue Sky Disney:

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Toys For Everyone...

Remember how, if you've been reading this blog for a long time, that I mentioned attractions that can be found at just about every Disney theme park? Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Small World. All five are at almost every Disney theme park resort around the world... Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong(soon).

I know you're looking at that and saying it's only four. And you're right. I only listed four... the fifth is Toy Story Mania. The current plan by Disney Resorts fearless leader is to place the attraction in every park. We already have them in the American parks and Tokyo is getting theirs very soon, but Paris and Hong Kong are scheduled to get versions of this 3-D interactive attraction. I find the one we have here in DCA a very nice D-Ticket and by the middle of the next decade this little ticket will be in all five resorts... maybe six, but that's another story for another day.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Super

Re: Midway Mania for HKDL

This would definitely be a nice addition to both HK and Paris. Although I'm not sure where they would stick it in Paris... Discoveryland already has a nice fill of attractions... It is much needed at Studios though, and would fit right in with the Toy Storyland.

• Not here to help

ok... so there is going to be a pirateland, grizzlybear mountain, haunted mansion, advanced toon town and now this...
    by the way... this is NOT what hkdl needs......
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

I agree Timmy. HKDL needs a whole new land and at least 3 more E-Tickets. But a D-Ticket like Mania would not hurt either.

I am also intrigued about the "Tokyo will get theirs soon" simply because I know there are rumors but nothing has been announced yet. Althought I would make a prediction and say Midway Mania will be TDS' 10th anniversary "presentoh".

I don't know that I like this? I mean does it really belong anywhere particular in HK? it seems like maybe they'll be able to pull off a convincing area in Japan with all of their money and whatnot but really it's execution in WDW while cool, didn't really explain much of how or why the ride would be there other then it's a ride and you go on it.

I'm just kinda afraid of what they'll do in their more beautiful parks. I guess it won't be a big deal in Paris were their park is already heading in the direction of some sort of stitched together Frankentstien creation (featuring Stitch!).

• Not here to help

it could be placed in fantasyland in a nice way...
    this type of ride could be very different depanding on where it is placed and so on... it could be rethemed to mickey and co or perhaps wall-e. it would be the same type of ride but still very different from park to park. it wont happen...

yea... atleast 3 e-tickets (THRILLING!) and perhaps a d-ticket and hkdl would be a more complete park worthy of its disney title
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

I have to say that this is one of the only times I agree with Timmy. This is a great attraction but it is NOT what this park needs as of now. It needs a new land and some more E-Tickets and then it can go ahead and bring this in. It will be great in Paris as well as Tokyo and in Hong Kong eventually.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I was totally against this idea, as while its a fun attraction, its not a great one either. But thinking about it from the Guest point of view maybe this could be a quick easy fix, after all anyone who's visited the park will know how well Mickey's Phillarmagic goes down with the audience, this all uses the 3D technology.

I am also intrigued about the "Tokyo will get theirs soon" simply because I know there are rumors but nothing has been announced yet. Althought I would make a prediction and say Midway Mania will be TDS' 10th anniversary "presentoh".
    Interesting but I'm not too convinced unless something is annouced very soon if its going to be ready for TDS 10 Anniversary.

• Minion

We keep getting these threads in both the HK and Paris sections listed as "news" and claiming any number of new atttractions, when in fact they are rumors.
    Down with the Hat

• or CBF

Honor Hunter is more a lot more often right than wrong. It also doesn't surprise me that Disney would want to shoehorn TSMM into every resort.

That's why I posted it as news.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

well the attraction is unique enough. Could be put in Tomorrowland in HKDL. They could use a 3D attraction but I find this one similar to Buzz Lightyear in 3d

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    Honor Hunter is more a lot more often right than wrong. It also doesn't surprise me that Disney would want to shoehorn TSMM into every resort.

That's why I posted it as news.
    I love Honor's site but it's called "Blue Sky" for a reason. He reports everything that is in consideration for a given resort but that doesn't mean it has been decided upon. No one would be surprised to see TSMM at every resort...it's easy enough to clone, will be popular enough for a time period, and simple enough to update in future...just by changing the games on the screen. But if you go back and look at Honor's juicy articles from last year entitled "Happenstance" he mentions quite a few attractions for HKDL...not including TSMM. He is intentionally vague with many of his predictions...for instance he tells us that fans of a "snow capped mountain" will be happy by its addition to HKDL. Unless he tells us which mountain he is talking about we can never learn how accurate his predictions are. He tells us there will be a Haunted Mansion but everyone knows that HKDL will get one sooner or later. So far there has been no movement on those attractions...and now we are talking about even more attractions. Not to mention rumours from other places...including Alain Littaye's site which I also love...telling us about an attraction called "Grizzy Mine Show" (whose name makes no English sense to me)...but with no mention of a Haunted Mansion or either of the two "snow capped mountains" which exist in the Disney theme park universe today. These "Blue Sky" plans are always in flux.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

• Minion

I'm not saying he's wrong about TSMM coming to Hong Kong...I guess it's just a matter of what one considers to be "news" vs "rumor." In my book, it's still a rumor unless it comes from an official source or unless someone involved with a given project is quoted specifically. For instance the tidbits we have received about Star Tours version 2 I consider news since they have come from in one case a voice actor and in another case a graphics designer who were directly involved in the production. I don't mean to make a big fuss about it...I do enjoy very much reading about future predictions for the various resorts. Just a matter of semantics, no big deal
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by caesarboxfan View Post
    According to Honor Hunter at Blue Sky Disney:

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Toys For Everyone...
    i do like this ride and have no problem with it coming to hong kong.

BUT! since when is there a pirates or haunted mansion there? and buzz lightyear's space ranger spin/astroblasters, autopia, astro orbitor/star jets, the train, dumbo, teacups and the carrousel are at all 5 resorts, so where's this magic 5 rides common to 5 resorts come from? even the tower of terror is at 4 resorts, lets just claim thats coming to hong kong too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast