Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

HKDL announces "SUMMER FUN, STICH STLYE"

Here is the link:

Hong Kong Disneyland | Summer Fun, Stitch Style

Same old stuff. TDL's wet and wild pirate night is much better.
    Last edited by HKDLFAN; 05-08-2009 at 12:55 AM.

• Not here to help

Re: HKDL announces "SUMMER FUN, STICH STLYE"

I just have to buy a ticket for this!

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

When does this event start?

I think your both being a little harsh here atleast the park is offering new seasonal events instead of some crap Mickey's Magical Party or a Year of a Million Celebrations or what ever marketing has come up with now. The Beach Party on Main Street sounds like fun and its good to see the return of Mickey's Water Works Parade. I would much rather see the park put on this sort of seasonal entertainment than not see them bother at all.

i agree with malin. at least hong kong disneyland is providing entertainment like this one during this summer. I thought that they will never have this kind of entertainment because of the crisis about hkdl expansion.

• Not here to help

but does it make any difference?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Yes it makes a big difference, granted your not going to get a massive attendance boost from this, but it will help improve the Guest experience and also makes the Annual Passport more value for money. Currently Hong Kong Disneyland is the only park to offer an annual Summer Parade, even Tokyo Disneyland has stopped this in favour of the night time castle shows. We should be supporting this sort of seasonal entertainment and demand to know why the Walt Disney Company fails to offer similar experiences at its other parks and Resorts. I just hope once the expansion kicks in these events will continue to entertain Guest each year.

I hope so it will continue if or when the expansion begins heheh..
    I'm just curious if the disney imagineering is doing their best in building the parks because every newly opened disney park has clones of other magic kingdom rides. Is all that imagineer has a widely ranged of imagination? because there are threads in here has some idea which is good. For the planned haunted mansion there are rumour it will copy the disneyland facade? About this one I hope they will not copy the original disneyland facade instead do another newly facade which will be more original to the park. And they can based the facade in some chinese culture or homes? ARE THE DISNEY IMAGINEERING IS RUNNING OUT OF IMAGINATION?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Malin, im just saying what i think of it because i have been going to HKDL once a week ever since 2006, so on my part, i think im bored with same old stuff. I would rather have a nice night time castle show at HKDL with water guns and sprinklers like TDL. But then again, not everyone has been to HKDL so its a new experience for them.

• Banned User

hkdlfan, sorry but I diagree. while it would be nice to see a show of that caliber at HKDL, the small size of the park makes it quite tough to produce a show of that caliber. It serves HKDL better to do smaller events where the budget can better be spent in a more quality experience that can be enjoyed at ground level.

Small events like this Stitch event is exactly the kind of stuff that I very much appreciate from the Disney parks. These little special events are incentive for locals to return and enjoy something different, and we all know that OLC has been a master at this.. and to a certain degree... DLR. To criticize these efforts is ludicrous.

Let's ake a look at the what we are getting in the MK for summer season..... (I hear crickets)

KUDOS to HKDL for this small treat.

• Not here to help

In a place where Dsiney has made the worst start it could have done and where people seme to avoid the park for many reasons... is there really anything to be won by having a show like this? Can anybody verify that they lure more visitors in to the park by having a Stitch thing? Everybody counts on a few parades and shows anyway.
    It is not like it is going to be something unique that has never been done before.
    I am sure it will be a hundred times better than the Stitch events in WDW, but it is so far away from what the park desperately needs at the moment. About as exciting as those Likitikis... or what they call em...
    Itīs like handing a Snickers bar to a guy lost in Sahara.
    The news that all HKDL fans and well wishers are waiting for semes far away even if it starting to bubble in the pot yet again.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-09-2009 at 10:12 AM.

• Banned User

You miss the point Timmy. They are trying and I appreciate that. They do not care at some other DL parks, like the MK. HKDL is trying and that's what matters.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You miss the point Timmy. They are trying and I appreciate that. They do not care at some other DL parks, like the MK. HKDL is trying and that's what matters.
    I think itīs great that they are trying. They did a great job on Halloween.
    But I still think that they should come up with something more permanent or atleast something brand new, HKDL ONLY.

...or wouldnīt it just be better to cut the outdoor shows for two years and pay up for a new ride. Even if they built a Raging Spirits it would be something new to the park, permanent, small and "cheap". Like a first aid.

When the new lands are built we all will be a whole lot older.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-02-2009 at 02:30 AM.

sounds like fun....
    thanE

Watched the TV ad just now. They filmed it in Central and CWB! I must say that it's the BEST song used in a Stitch parade so far.
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 06-02-2009 at 05:28 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I think itīs great that they are trying. They did a great job on Halloween.
    But I still think that they should come up with something more permanent or atleast something brand new, HKDL ONLY.
    Well I agree with you on this as well.

...or wouldnīt it just be better to cut the outdoor shows for two years and pay up for a new ride. Even if they built a Raging Spirits it would be something new to the park, permanent, small and "cheap". Like a first aid.
    OK.. cutting shows for two years while something new and permanentis built. Not sure I like that.. Two years of nothingness while a new ride is being built? That would be even more disastrous than the current situation, I'd think.

When the new lands are built we all will be a whole lot older.
    Take comfort that I am probably old enough to be your dad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast