Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney May Build Park Near Seoul - LA Times, 2/25/05

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...-home-business

During the last several months, company executives have been in talks with government officials over a site south of Seoul, sources familiar with the matter said.

The proposal being discussed would involve something more modest than the 310-acre Disneyland opening later this year in Hong Kong. The Korean project would combine restaurants and shops with a smaller-scale version of a traditional Disney theme park.
    And Hong Kong is already Disneyland lite... What will you call this, Carb Free Disneyland (along with Protein Free, Flavor Free and Taste Free...)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

How about Diet Disneyland

Gilding the Lily, AKA one more sequin to spoil the dress

Is this overkill getting stupid, or what? And they wonder why attendance figures drop at the two flagship parks here in America!

I think I'll drown my sorrows in a cup of coffee at the Starbuck's around the corner, or maybe the next corner, or the next one. Or maybe Disney is trying to emulate Walgreen's. Then after a while, when the unpopular parks close, they'll pollute the infrastructure the same way that Walgreen's has with all those empty storefronts they've left after building bigger ones across the street. Some "expansion" practices...

Don't get me started on the "cookie cutter" establishments like Subway and Quiznos either. It's certainly starting to look like that though, and Disney seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. I've seen other companies suffer severely due to overexpansion, so we'll see...

• Rat Tat Tat.

Why don't they work on fixing what is broken already (DCA...) before attempting to make more broken things? Instead of a bunch of bad parks, how about just a few GREAT parks.

Fabulous Point!

I couldn't have said it better! You win! Westcot, anyone????

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm not sure I buy this story. There was already another story about them building out an existing theme park in Korea that later turned out not to be true. I'll believe this story when I see construction starting.

Long Beach Lagging

I always remember the how the city of Long Beach got bamboozled too into thinking Disney was going to be their savior. All these grandiose plans for an aquatic themed park, along with the Queen Mary hype. Nothing ever materialized there either. Now THERE was a carrot to dangle over their heads, and apparently, Disney seems to corner the market on carrot dangling during the last 20 years.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, if you ask me, I think it's high time the Disney Company decided to expand some place that no one else--except us Cauldron girls--has ever gone before! In other words, why not build a Disney Theme park in another dimension?! Even McDonald's hasn't tried to do that, yet! And the Land of Prydain is just BEGGING for something more entertaining than a creepy night spent in the dungeons of the Horned King. Anyway, if they ever DO decide to take my suggestion seriously, they can call it Morva Disneyland!!

ORGOCH: Good Lord, Orwen! Any fool dumb 'nuff ta take one a YER suggestions serious-like ain't fit ta make decisions PERIOD!!! So, wake up an' smell the potion, will ya?!

• Santa Barbara, CA

All they need to do to pack 'em in is announce "Mission:Nuke" the ride.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    The last thing Asia needs is a crappy watered down version of Hong Kong Disneyland.

Have they such short term memories that they can't remember DCA and Disney Studios Paris??? If you build a half assed park the people just don't show up! Do they really want a whole slew of newspaper stories about Disney's latest billion dollar flop?

If this story is true, then it really is time for Eisner to step down in time for more level heads to scuttle the project.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

But the article doesn't say a smaller version of HKDL...it says a smaller version of a traditional Disney Park. So smaller than DL & WDW. Smaller sucks, but it's not so grim as everyone is making it out to be (hopeully!)....

Quote Originally Posted by DLDivorcee
    I always remember the how the city of Long Beach got bamboozled too into thinking Disney was going to be their savior. All these grandiose plans for an aquatic themed park, along with the Queen Mary hype. Nothing ever materialized there either. Now THERE was a carrot to dangle over their heads, and apparently, Disney seems to corner the market on carrot dangling during the last 20 years.
    I seem to recall that the Coastal Commission was partly responsible for killing "Port Disney".

• Banned User

Lunar Disneyland... coming June 2057

• .......MORE COWBELL

Seoul is a half hour from a armed boarder and psycopathic dictator with Nucluer capabilities.

• Santa Barbara, CA

It might be fun to locate one in India next to the AT&T phone center and help desk.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast